Character Library

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 18, 2015 11:22 pm
How does the library work? I've add all three of my characters to the library, but it doesn't appear that anyone else can see them. Is there something else I need to do?
Feb 19, 2015 12:41 am
I see you having a DnD5 char and two Numenera chars in the library. Are the people checking for you in the same games as your characters? Someone in the same game as your char won't see it, thought odd that they can't see any of them...
Feb 19, 2015 12:51 am
Keleth says:
Are the people checking for you in the same games as your characters? Someone in the same game as your char won't see it, thought odd that they can't see any of them...
They may have been looking for the character that is in the same game (Kleas in this case).

Thanks.
Feb 25, 2015 2:45 pm
I'm in Szemely's Numenera game and I cannot see the character sheets, just a grey box with that character's name. I've clicked over and over and get nothing. I mostly use GP on my iPhone if that matters. But that's primarily how I will enjoy this site.

Thanks for your work!
Feb 25, 2015 3:45 pm
A grey box with a character's name? Where do you see that? Is it possible to get a screen shot? Or at least what URL you're coming from?

If you're in Szemely's game and not a GM, you shouldn't see any characters from Szemely's game.
Feb 25, 2015 3:56 pm
I'll try and post a pic. Here's a little better explanation (I hope.)

Players in Game

Kaizival - GM

KennyGardnerIII

Senekpai
[Tyreth] (grey box)

Skydut [Leave Game]
[Spax Morllenfain] {Withdraw Character} (grey box)

szemely
[Sofor Zsoke] (grey box)
Feb 25, 2015 4:26 pm
Oh... that's what its supposed to be; you shouldn't have access to other people's characters in your own game. And the grey box is decorative, to show the difference between players and characters.
Feb 25, 2015 4:41 pm
Ah. Gotcha. I just thought it would be good to see an un-editable copy of another players character sheet. Especially when creating characters. I don't want to step on anyone's toes and make character that is the same or close to someone else's creation.
Feb 25, 2015 4:48 pm
Understandable; that's the point of having a games tavern where people can discuss chars before hand and also allowing players to join a game then apply characters in (that you can join, talk about chars, then make them). Originally, when you applied to a game, you did so directly with a character. It made chargen more problematic.

A lot of times, people want to keep their chars secret, or keep parts of it hidden, that only the GM should have access to; that's why its implemented as it is. I do intend to make it so people can share their chars with other people in their game.
Feb 25, 2015 5:37 pm
Makes sense. Crazy how much there is to think about for a site like this. Thanks!

Could there be a forum in our actual game. Such as near where the cards section is? I just found the forums with posts about our game, so that's on me, but a one stop place with all our game info and interactions could be handy. Or maybe a direct link to our GM's forum posts?

Thanks again. This site is really exciting, I feel like we really have an opinion here.
Feb 25, 2015 5:43 pm
I could put the game forums at the bottom of the game details page, but I don't think that's wise; the pages serve different purposes. Its why I put a link to the forums at the bottom of any game page, why the latest posts for a game show up in the Latest Posts section, and they appear on the home page. And activity of any kind in a game forum is important, not just DM activity; after all, interacting with other players is equally important.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.