Chapter 2B: Frostbound Couriers

Dec 21, 2023 11:08 pm
OOC:
This thread has Corbin, Douklan and Mariella as player characters
Trade Era 1235, Day 130

Celestial Voyager, Draco system

Captain Valeria Zaytsev stood at the center of the Celestial Voyager's bustling bridge, her keen gaze fixed on the vast expanse of space displayed on the main viewscreen. The hum of activity surrounded her as crew members efficiently executed their assigned tasks. The anticipation of departure lingered in the air.

"Douklan, please set our course for Draco III and the Postal Authority orbital station. Prepare the ship for departure," Captain Zaytsev requested, her voice cutting through the controlled chaos of the bridge. The ship's systems responded with a reassuring hum as the Celestion Voyager prepared to leave.

Captain Zaytsev observed the departure with a mix of determination and contemplation. The challenges on Draco I were left in the hands of her capable crew aboard the shuttle, led by First Officer Gabe. So as the Celestial Voyager navigated the cosmic sea, the captain's mind shifted to the upcoming rendezvous at Draco III, where the ship would refuel and prepare for the next phase of their interstellar journey.
OOC:
Douklan, gimme a Navigation test DC10, to let us know exactly how long the journey will be.

Either way, it will be a couple of days. What will you and Corbin do in the meantime?
Dec 22, 2023 1:07 am
Corbin uses time between leaving hyperspace and the shuttles departure to generate the ship's performance reports. He copies them off to a tablet. After disconnecting the cable, he stowes it in his shoulder bag.

It's not long before he notes someone on the bridge has laid in a course. He leans back against the hull, feeling as much as anything, the smooth throttle up from the main drives. Once they are underway, he heads to the mess.

"Erin, you know the drill, monitor and report. I'm grabbing some coffee and I'll be back in a couple hours to spell you."

Corbin slides into one of the booths in the mess and pulls out his tablet to review the hyperspace data.
Dec 22, 2023 4:44 am
Douklan plots a course at the nav station.

Rolls

Navigation test DC0 (skill +6, target difficulty 10) - (1d20-4)

(19) - 4 = 15

Dec 22, 2023 9:14 am
Douklan, you were able to plot a course around Draco III that will get you a nice and safe relative speed. In fact, you will not need to do any correction maneuvers to rendezvous with the Postal Authority orbital facility. The docking afterwards should proceed very smoothly, barring any complications with the traffic or the starport itself.
The journey will take 2.7 days. This is going to be a downtime for this group. Please tell us what you gonna do during this time, what skills or long term projects you wanna pursue.
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 pm
Douklan is particularly interested in everything having to do with differences between the Celestial Voyager (as a private vessel) and all the ship's he's known so well (nearly all of them Navy ships). To the extent that he can, he's going to be training Mechanics, and getting to know the crew and passengers.
Dec 22, 2023 3:58 pm
For the next couple of days, Douklan was busy in the maintenance bay, studying Mechanics while surrounded by the hum of machinery and the scent of lubricants. The Celestial Voyager, though a remarkable vessel, was a unique challenge for Douklan. Navy ships were his comfort zone, and adapting to the nuances of this private craft required a swift acclimation.

As the days progressed, Douklan realized that his interactions with the crew were more successful when centered around their shared passion for starships. However, when it came to getting to know the personal lives of the crew and passengers, he found himself at a social impasse. His attempts at casual conversation were met with polite but guarded responses.

That evening, Douklan sat alone in the ship's mess hall, contemplating his limited success in connecting with the crew and passengers. Despite his technical prowess, social nuances eluded him.
He was able to use Mechanics (while studying) and Carousing (while trying to connect with the crew and passengers). Receive 2 XP, from the rolls below.

Rolls

Douklan Paravides: Mechanics DC15 - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Douklan Paravides: Mechanics DC15 - (1d20+4)

(20) + 4 = 24

Douklan Paravides: CHARISMA - Untrained check (Carousing) DC10 - (1d20+-3)

(9) - 3 = 6

Dec 22, 2023 6:56 pm
Corbin, the hyperspace data seems to be ok. There were some tweaks made by the Synths during the journey and they reported some suggestions that may improve the Jump Drives. Suggestions that can only be made when they're offline, but that are not urgent.
OOC:
Please let us know what you gonna do during downtime. Mariella can also do that, when Katzle is back from the holidays.
Dec 23, 2023 6:46 pm
OOC:
I had planted myself in the mess to allow the others to strike up a conversation, if they wanted. Outside of normal work hours, I'll be in the other shuttle running piloting sims.
Dec 23, 2023 10:39 pm
OOC:
Quote:
I had planted myself in the mess to allow the others to strike up a conversation, if they wanted.
Don't worry, there will be plenty of opportunities. ;)
Chief Engineer Corbin McRogers was elbows-deep in the guts of the Celestial Voyager's propulsion system. His brow furrowed in concentration, the soft glow of diagnostic screens casting an ethereal light on his face. Despite his expertise, today's engineering challenges seemed to test the limits of his technical finesse.

"Come on, you stubborn circuit," Corbin muttered to himself, wrestling with a particularly uncooperative component.

Erin Brand approached, sensing Corbin's frustration. "Need an extra set of hands, Corbin?"

Corbin sighed, wiping a smudge of grease from his cheek. "I appreciate it, Erin, but I've got this. Just a finicky relay causing a cascade failure. I'll sort it out."

She nodded understandingly and left Corbin to his work, trusting in his mechanical prowess. As Corbin delved deeper into the intricacies of the propulsion system, he couldn't shake the feeling that today's problems ran deeper than mere technical glitches.

After a grueling session in the engineering bay, Corbin decided to take a break and clear his mind. As he strolled through the ship's corridors, he passed the entrance to the shuttle bay. A familiar hum caught his attention—the sound of the piloting sims. An idea sparked in his mind.

Corbin entered the shuttle bay to find the simulators active, casting a dynamic glow on the otherwise dim space. He approached the simulators, each displaying a virtual cockpit. Without hesitation, he selected one and settled into the pilot's seat.

The simulated environment transported Corbin to the vastness of space, and he took a moment to appreciate the serene beauty of the digital cosmos. However, as he engaged the simulated controls, he realized that piloting this shuttle was a different beast from managing the Celestial Voyager's engines.

His first attempt at a routine maneuver ended in a virtual collision with an asteroid. Undeterred, Corbin reset the simulation and tried again. The shuttle responded with an unexpected sensitivity, challenging Corbin's accustomed touch.

Outside of normal work hours, Corbin continued to hone his piloting skills in the sims. He faced scenarios that pushed the limits of his spatial awareness and reaction time. The frustration of the engineering bay found a different outlet in the simulated challenges of piloting.

As the simulated hours passed, Corbin gradually improved, adapting to the nuances of the shuttle's controls. The connection between his actions and the virtual ship became more intuitive. In the process, he gained a newfound respect for the precision required in the piloting domain.
Eventually, Corbin emerged from the shuttle bay, feeling a mix of accomplishment and humility. The challenges of both engineering and piloting had tested his skills and pushed him to grow. With a renewed sense of purpose, he returned to the engineering bay, ready to tackle the lingering issues with the Celestial Voyager's propulsion system.

The ship's quiet hum and the subtle glow of diagnostic screens welcomed him back, and with a determined focus, Corbin delved into the complexities of the spacecraft's machinery, confident that today's setbacks were merely stepping stones toward mastery.
Receive 3 XP, from the rolls below.

Rolls

Corbin McRogers: Engineering DC10 (Work hours) - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Corbin McRogers: Piloting DC15 (sims) - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Corbin McRogers: Piloting DC15 (sims) - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Dec 23, 2023 10:51 pm
Trade Era 1235, Day 133

Celestial Voyager's, Approaching Draco III

In the next few days, the Celestial Voyager gracefully navigated the system and entered into the ITC controlled area around the cosmic ballet of Draco III's moons.

"This is the Celestial Voyager, requesting permission to dock with ITC’s Postal Station Draco." - said Douklan Paravides, in the pilot and navigation controls. The ambient hum of the ship and the distant twinkle of celestial bodies provided a serene backdrop to his request.

A brief pause ensued while the station checked the transponder before a crisp voice from the station's control center responded, "Celestial Voyager, this is Postal Station Draco. Permission granted for docking at Port Alpha-Seven. Maintain standard approach velocity and follow designated flight path. Welcome to Draco III."

As the ship approaches the orbital station, the vastness of space gives way to the imposing structure ahead. The Postal Authority station, a gleaming metallic marvel, stands adorned with docking arms and communication arrays that catch the glint of distant stars. Around it, a bustling traffic, where dozens of courier ships navigate skillfully, coming and going in a synchronized dance. Their forms dart around the station, like diligent messengers in a lively choreography of arrivals and departures.

The station itself is a bustling metropolis in space, home to ten thousand souls who contribute to its ceaseless activity. A beacon of life in the void, it hums with energy as inhabitants go about their duties and routines. The docking bays echo with the soft clinks and hums of spacecraft connecting and disconnecting, while within the colossal structure, corridors teem with personnel, bustling about their tasks with purpose. Traders negotiate deals, engineers inspect arriving ships, and communication officers relay vital messages across the expanse of colonized space. It is a microcosm of life and commerce, a thriving nexus where the stories of myriad people converge.

"We are cleared. Approaching Port Alpha-Seven." said Douklan, slowly pulling the engine levers backwards.

"Ease us in, Lieutenant. Let's make this as smooth as that moon's celestial dance," Captain Zaytsev instructed, her eyes fixed on the approaching docking port.

As the Celestial Voyager gracefully closed the distance, the docking port's magnetic field engaged, guiding the ship into its berth. The viewports framed the docking arms extending to embrace the vessel. A soft clink resonated through the ship as the docking clamps secured the Celestial Voyager in place.

"Docking complete, Captain. We are securely moored at Port Alpha-Seven," reported the helmsman.

"Excellent work, everyone. Corbin, prepare for refueling operations and..." Captain Valeria Zaytsev's sentence was abruptly interrupted by a hasty communication that crackled through the ship's bridge. Captain Kara Rael, the commanding officer of the Sentinel, urgently reached out, interrupting Valeria mid-sentence.

"Greetings, Captain Zaytsev. I've just received an urgent request from the Postal Authority orbital facility. They've lost all contact with Relay Station Theta on the inhabited icy moon of Nocturna. They're grateful that the Navy is here and capable of handling the situation. I'm sending a shuttle with a small squad to investigate. Lt. Douklan will be in charge, so we kindly request his presence."

"Certainly. Is there anything more we can assist you with, Captain?"

"If you could spare someone from your engineering team, we're a bit shorthanded in that department. We suspect equipment issues may be the root cause of this event, so our Space Marines might be out of their depth."

She pressed a button, temporarily muting the connection with the Sentinel so they could talk freely. "Corbin, would you like to join this expedition? Erin can handle the refueling and I can handle the negotiations with the Postal Authority myself. But it can be dangerous, so even though I know you have trained in the military, I still won't make that an order. Do you volunteer?"
OOC:
What do you do?
Dec 24, 2023 12:50 am
Silly questions... Ah well, I guess she felt she had to ask.

"I'll meet Douklan at the hatch." Corbin switched off the comm and started grabbing some tools for a to-go kit. Grabbing the hard case for his Zero-g suit he heads for the main hatch.
Dec 24, 2023 2:31 am
Douklan grabs his vac-suit & sidearm and goes to meet Corbin at the airlock where the shuttle will dock. Once he arrives, he asks "Nocturna, huh? Know anything about it? Have you been to Draco III before?" as he swiftly dons his suit and gestures for Corbin to check his seals: standard Navy procedure anytime a person cycles an airlock.
Dec 24, 2023 6:04 am
"No, ney, never Nocturna. But I did grow up on a moon... for what that's worth." Corbin dons his suit and checks Douklan's seals, then gestures for Douklan to check his.

"I'm assuming your Captain will have a brief for us on the shuttle. I didn't get a chance to check the charts, but I'm guessing we'll have a couple hours to go over what we know once we transfer over."

As long as the seals check, Corbin will cycle the lock so they can begin the transfer to the other shuttle.
Dec 25, 2023 4:56 pm
Trade Era 1235, Day 133

Celestial Voyager's airlock

Soon, the airlock hissed open, allowing them to step into the dimly lit interior of the Navy shuttle. Sergeant Will Anderson, a formidable figure in his powered armor, stood at attention as they entered.

"I'm Lieutenant Paravides and this is Chief engineer McRogers. Permission to come aboard?" Douklan greeted, from the airlock, with a salute.

"Permission granted. Welcome aboard, Lieutenant, Chief Engineer. I'm Sergeant Anderson, ITC Marines," he returned with a crisp military salute.

Sergeant Will Anderson stood at an impressive 6 feet 5 inches, his build robust and muscular. He was wearing an AV-1C powered armor and a large gauss rifle that, considering his already formidable physique, gave him an even more imposing presence. Anderson's broad shoulders were a testament to the physical demands of his military role, and his stature exuded both strength and authority.

https://i.imgur.com/6Z1sG1S.jpg

Maintaining his posture, Anderson briefed them as they boarded the ship. "Lieutenant, the Postal Authority lost contact with Relay Station Theta. Our objective is to investigate and restore communication. Intelligence suggests a technical glitch, but we can't take chances."

He gestured towards the shuttle's cockpit, where a holographic display highlighted key areas. "Nocturna's conditions are harsh—dense, poisonous atmosphere, low gravity, freezing temperatures. Expect the worst. The relay station is in the Northern Crater region."

Lieutenant Douklan nodded, "Understood, Sergeant. Any signs of hostiles?"

"Unknown at this point, but we should be prepared for anything. Intel is limited. There are a couple of blaster rifles and sealed combat armor in the cargo holds for you and Mr. McRogers, sir. The Sentinel will also move into orbit, providing support as needed. This datapad has the specifics; the Skipper said to give it to you. You have the command, Sir!"

As Anderson ended the debrief and saluted again, formally transferring mission command to Lieutenant Paravides, a trio of Marines in the back of the shuttle stood at attention. The datapad provided comprehensive details about the squad's composition, equipment, the map and layout of Relay Station Theta, and potential environmental hazards they might encounter on Nocturna's unforgiving surface.

The weight of responsibility settled on Douklan's shoulders as he took command, his gaze shifting from the holographic display to the stern faces of his team.

The journey to Nocturna's relay station would take 4 hours.
OOC:
What do you do? When you're ready for it, gimme a Piloting DC15 check, Douklan.
Dec 31, 2023 5:05 pm
Douklan looked at the marines - Peter Ellis, California Worthington, and the woman everyone just called "Piercey" - and nodded. "Let's go!"

As he settled into the pilot's seat, Douklan added: "Corbin, you can change into an armor suit now, if you like. It sounds like we don't know what we'll run into on the way, if anything. I'll get changed once I get us underway." Looking at the shuttle controls, he felt old muscle memory coming back. Still, it had been a while. "Hopefully, this won't be too bumpy a ride..."

Rolls

Piloting (DC0 - +4 skill, -15 difficulty) - (1d20-11)

(8) - 11 = -3

Dec 31, 2023 5:34 pm
Corbin headed aft to find the combat armor and blaster rifle. Better to have and not need, he thought.

After getting changed and checking his readouts, Corbin grabbed one of the jump seats to await Douklan. He assumed that they would go over the data once Douklan got them under way.
Dec 31, 2023 5:45 pm
Douklan hurtled towards the moon, the descent marred by the dense atmosphere. The shuttle jolted and shook in a turbulent ride, its hull buffeted by the atmospheric resistance. Warning indicators flashed, and the low hum of the engines was drowned out by the unsettling creaks and groans of stressed metal.

As the shuttle descended through the dense atmosphere of Nocturna, the turbulent ride prevented Douklan from retrieving his armor. Strapped into his seat, he could feel the intensity of the bumps and jolts, making it impossible to reach for the protective gear before landing.
Receive +1 XP for that failure.
Examining the schematics, Douklan deliberated on whether to consult with the crew about the landing location. One option was utilizing the landing pad, where a retractable roof could seal off the vessel from Nocturna's harsh atmosphere. Alternatively, they could opt to land in a nearby area, disembarking on foot while clad in their sealed armor.

Relay Station Theta Schematics
https://i.imgur.com/gpir1Y6.png
OOC:
What do you do?
Dec 31, 2023 7:41 pm
"Can't see any damage to the antenna from here." Douklan noted. "I'm inclined to set down on the landing pad. There's time enough to slog out to look at it on foot if it comes to that. As far as we know, it's still just a technical problem, and talking to the staff and running the diagnostics from inside should be our first steps. But I want to hear what you think. Anderson? McRogers?"

Sgt. Will Anderson

htech

Dec 31, 2023 7:47 pm
Sgt. Will Anderson
"Your call, sir." he said, for everyone to hear.

And them, just to Douklan "If push comes to shove, should we treat McRogers as a civilian VIP or as one of us, grunts, sir? He seems to know how to use the gear."
Jan 1, 2024 2:56 pm
"I agree with you, technical issues are far more common than any scenario that requires shooting. Let's use the landing bay and figure it out from there."

Turning back towards the sergeant, "Thanks for noticing, I took a swing at the PD academy back home. They gave me the thumbs up on soldiering but a thumbs down on officering. 'Sides, I ain't never been the VIP of anything." Corbin's grin was unfortunately hidden by his helmet.
Jan 1, 2024 3:08 pm
OOC:
Landing at the pad in Nocturna is a Piloting DC8 check, Douklan. You will probably succeed, but there is always some risk. Roll it when you're ready.
Jan 1, 2024 6:26 pm
"I'd say a valued advisor; he's probably the one to get the comm relay working again." Douklan nods at Corbin, knowing that any acknowledging nod from the engineer with will imperceptible in his armor. As the only one in a simple vac-suit, Douklan hopes he's not going to need armor as soon as they touch down. "OK, bringing it in now."

Rolls

Piloting check to land (+4 skill, -8 difficulty) DC 0 - (1d20-4)

(9) - 4 = 5

Jan 1, 2024 8:22 pm
Trade Era 1235, Day 133

Relay Station Theta, Nocturna

After a bumpy ride through Nocturna's atmosphere, the shuttle smoothly touched down on the landing pad. Lieutenant Douklan swiftly initiated the procedures to remotely seal the landing pad airlock. A metallic clang echoed through the pad as the roof closed, enclosing them within the protective confines of the relay station.

Just as the sealing process completed and the shuttle's crew started to disembark, a sudden barrage of blaster fire erupted from two concealed figures outside. The unexpected attack sent red beams of energy slicing through the air, illuminating the dark surroundings of the landing pad.

Reacting instinctively, Sergeant Anderson, still clad in his formidable AV-1C powered armor, burst out of the shuttle, Gauss rifle blazing. The powerful shots tore through the hostile figures, forcing them to scatter.

"Take cover!" Anderson bellowed, providing the necessary firepower to counter the ambush. Piercey gave a blaster rifle to Lt. Paravides and stayed in the shuttle, taking cover near the shuttle's door. The other marines left the shuttle and swiftly dispersed, seeking refuge behind the ship and nearby equipment.
OOC:
What do you do?

PS: This is combat, but there are no structured combat rounds. We will resolve this as naturally as possible, where PCs act and NPCs (usually) react. I will roll for your reflex/defense when necessary, in my posts, so you can focus on your PCs proactive decisions and tactics.

You can also roll the dice for the skill that you think is most likely to be relevant based on your post, to speed things up. We will simply change or fix the DM after the fact, if necessary.
Jan 2, 2024 3:20 am
Corbin follows the marines off of the shuttle and into cover. Once hunkered down, he begins to look for consoles or panels that might allow him access to the stations systems.

Rolls

Notice (WIT) - (d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Jan 2, 2024 9:53 am
OOC:
You can also post from more than one PC before my answer. Don't know if Spaceseeker19 waited because of my previous message mentioning NPCs reaction or not, but I'm also writing that here for future reference.
Corbin, utilizing the cover provided by the shuttle, carefully scanned the surroundings for access points to Relay Station Theta's systems.

In doing so, he exposed himself a little but the armor shielded him from the blaster fire.
Receive +1 XP
Spotting a control panel near the entrance, Corbin signaled to the marines, "Cover me." With swift movements, he dashed from one point of cover to another until he reached the panel.
Under the hood

Corbin's action: Notice DC10
Enemy reaction: Blaster shots
Corbin's results: Failure, Effect 1 (see his post)
Corbin is shot: damage 3d8, +1 (Effect), -15 (Armor)
Result: No damage (see below)
OOC:
What do you do? Douklan and/or Corbin can act.

Rolls

Blaster damage - (3d8+1-15)

(323) - 14 = -6

Jan 2, 2024 3:51 pm
Douklan scurries to take cover behind the ship. As Corbin yells for cover, Douklan fires his blaster rifle in the direction of the assailants without looking, trying to expose as little of his body as possible.
OOC:
I'm going to perform a ranged weapons roll, but since I don't know the DC, it'll just be a straight roll.

Rolls

Ranged weapons - (1d20+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Jan 2, 2024 6:55 pm
Douklan completely misses his shots, unable to provide adequate cover for Corbin. The engineer is exposed, near the panel.
Receive +1 XP
Under the hood
Douklan's action: Covering fire, Shooting DC15
Result: No effect. Corbin won't receive a covering fire bonus
Jan 3, 2024 12:19 pm
OOC:
I'm assuming, but I'm not clear on the location of the hostiles. Are they in the landing area with us or in the airlock or corridor beyond?
Jan 3, 2024 12:49 pm
OOC:
Yeah, I meant to post this but was using my smartphone before. Can only do the first map from the computer. The next ones will be easier. Here it is... =)
Battlemap

Red: Hostiles
Green: Player characters
Blue: Marines
Jan 3, 2024 4:15 pm
Corbin sees a chance to split up the enemies and, maybe temporarily, remove their crossfire. He accesses the control panel to close the airlock.
OOC:
Seems like this would be a standard button push? But just incase, I'll include a Computers roll. It's my worst of the ones I think might be relevant.

Rolls

Computers to close the airlock door - (d20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

Jan 3, 2024 6:48 pm
As the control panel flickered to life under Corbin's deft fingers, the airlock doors started to creak closed. The remaining assailant outside realized the impending isolation and panic flashed across his face. He fired a few desperate shots towards the shuttle but missed everyone.

Seeing an opportunity, Anderson powered towards the lone assailant inside the pad, his gauss rifle still humming. The imposing figure of the sergeant loomed over the would-be attacker as the airlock doors sealed shut, leaving him isolated and surrounded.

Sgt. Will Anderson
"Surrender," Anderson's voice boomed through the powered armor's speakers, echoing with authority. The would-be attacker, looked up at the imposing figure before him. He swallowed hard, recognizing the futility of resistance and dropped his blaster rifle.
OOC:
What do you do?
Jan 7, 2024 2:35 pm
OOC:
@spaceseeker19,@Esidrix ?
Jan 8, 2024 2:18 am
"Good job, everyone!" Douklan calls after a moment. "(everyone except me, that is. Running into a dangerous situation without my armor?)" he mutters to himself. Then, louder: "Sergeant, secure him and see what you can tell me about him. Cal, secure that weapon. Pete, cover the door. Corbin, what do you think you can tell about the station from that terminal? Take a look and let me know. In a minute I think we're going to have to open that door again unless you have some other information for me. When we do, though, I plan to go in with armor on. I don't like leading from the back, and I definitely don't like running into hostile fire without armor." Douklan hustles back into the shuttle to don the suit of armor he couldn't get into when he was piloting. As he enters, he tosses the rifle back to the marine. "Thanks for the gun, Piercey. I'll get another in a moment, and I'd hate to think what a mess you'd make of these guys if you didn't have a rifle."
Jan 8, 2024 12:11 pm
Corbin will see what kind of information he can pull up on the station, systems integrity, atmosphere and is the guy in the Airlock still there or did they cycle out back to the station.
Jan 8, 2024 11:16 pm
Sgt. Will Anderson
"Sir, yes, sir! Piercey, help me here."

"Who sent you?" Anderson demanded, his tone unwavering.

The assailant stammered before finally confessing, "Separatists from Draco I. They hired us for the job – no names, just credits. We didn't expect the Marines here! It was supposed to be an easy job."

Anderson leaned in closer, his powered armor emitting an ominous hum. "Why attack the relay station? What's their game?"

The assailant, intimidated by the armored giant, spilled the details. The separatists had redirected the communication antenna to establish a covert link with a hidden ship in the main asteroid belt. The motive behind the attack now revealed a larger conspiracy.

Anderson straightened up, his gaze unwavering. "You just made your situation worse. Now, you're coming with us to the shuttle. The Lieutenant will want to hear about this."

In the meantime, Douklan dons the suit of armor he couldn't get into when he was piloting.
OOC:
Are you gonna rush it (Zero-G DC12, 5 minutes), or take your time and do it properly (No roll, 20 minutes)? Please also describe as Anderson arrives in the shuttle and tells you what the terrorist said.

Corbin, having successfully closed the airlock and neutralized the threat outside, focused on gathering crucial information from the station's systems. He approached the control panel once more, fingers dancing over the holographic interface to access the data he needed.

The first priority was to ascertain the station's systems integrity. Corbin initiated a comprehensive diagnostic scan, his eyes darting across the screen as the results started streaming in. The holographic display highlighted no malfunctions at all.

Next, Corbin checked the atmospheric conditions inside Relay Station Theta. The data revealed a controlled and habitable environment, suggesting that the station was functioning within expected parameters despite the recent disturbance.

While Corbin delved into the technical details, he spared a moment to glance at the airlock's status. The assailant had fled back into the station, and the atmosphere in the airlock had been stored in containers. The once occupied space had turned into a vacuum, awaiting the next cycle.

Corbin calculated the time required for the airlock to cycle and replenish the atmosphere. "Approximately 5 minutes until the airlock is ready for use again," he reported to Lieutenant Douklan and the rest of the team.
OOC:
What do you do?

Rolls

Corbin McRogers: Engineering DC8 (Systems diagnostics) - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Jan 9, 2024 4:03 pm
"First things first," Douklan snapped, on hearing of the Separatist ship in the belt, "We've got to get word to our people, if we can. Cal, see if you can get them on the horn...and if we can stop their using the antenna without destroying it, let's do it. Corbin might have some ideas in that area." Douklan hurried to finish suiting up. "But as soon as that airlock cycles, I want us in there to get the rest of them. How many of you are there?" Douklan said, directing the last to the captured Separatist.

Rolls

Zero-G check to don suit quickly DC0 - (1d20-12)

(17) - 12 = 5

Jan 9, 2024 6:11 pm
OOC:
I'm assuming by the style of game we're building that I'm not able to 'take over' the whole station from the landing bay console. We'll have to go and find the communications console and re-align the antenna.
Corbin starts the airlock cycle back to the landing bay, he wants it to be ready when the others are.
Jan 9, 2024 11:44 pm
The assailant, still visibly shaken from the earlier confrontation, hesitated before reluctantly admitting, "There are six of us, Lieutenant. We were supposed to take the antenna and keep it pointed towards Draco I for while. We would leave when the ship in the belt completed its mission, whatever it is. We weren't expecting ITC military here. Please, remember that I'm cooperating now, when you put us in an ITC jail. I don't wanna go back to Draco I, the Duke would have me killed."

As the airlock completed its cycle, Lieutenant Douklan wasted no time. He signaled for the team to move swiftly, taking advantage of the opportunity to enter Relay Station Theta. Four of them could enter simultaneously. The next group would have to wait 10 minutes - an eternity in a combat zone.
OOC:
What do you do?
Jan 10, 2024 3:24 am
"I'll remember." Having finished his prep, Douklan grabs a rifle and makes a choice. "Piercey, Will, you're with me. We're going to take Corbin to where he needs to go. Pete, secure the prisoner. Cal, start cycling the lock as soon as we get through. Chances are that, by the time the lock resets, any combat will be over, one way or the other, but it's good to have the option." We head out and join Corbin by the lock, alert to anything out of the ordinary in case a Separatist left us a surprise in the airlock.

Sgt. Will Anderson

htech

Jan 10, 2024 9:01 am
"Yes, sir! Should I keep my gauss rifle or use a blaster rifle in stun mode?"
Sgt. Will Anderson
Jan 10, 2024 1:50 pm
Corbin piles into the airlock behind Douklan and the others.
Jan 12, 2024 12:29 am
OOC:
Spaceseeker19 please tell us what weapon Sgt. Anderson is using in your next post. Either way, won't affect this message here, so I'm moving on…
As the airlock cycled open, the team entered Relay Station Theta, anticipating the unknown that awaited them. The corridor, devoid of cover, stretched ahead like a shadowed tunnel. Lieutenant Douklan led the way, followed closely by Sergeant Anderson, Corbin, and Piercey.

Suddenly, the air was split by the unmistakable clatter of boots and the hiss of a stun grenade. Before the team could react, the assailants, concealed in the shadows, sprang into action. Four figures emerged, blasters blazing, as they unleashed a coordinated ambush.

Caught off guard, the team scrambled to find cover in the open corridor. But the assailants had a different plan. One of them swiftly lobbed a stun grenade into their path, the metallic clang echoing as it bounced

"Take cover!" Douklan shouted, but the confined space offered limited options. Corbin and the crew hurriedly sought refuge, their combat instincts kicking in. The blinding light and deafening sound of the stun grenade erupted, disorienting the lieutenant and Piercey as the rest of his team shielded their eyes and ears.
OOC:
+1 XP for Douklan. You also have Disadvantage on your next rolls.
The corridor became a chaotic scene as the assailants closed in, taking advantage of the disoriented state of most of the team.

OOC:
What do you do?

Rolls

Douklan Paravides: Reflex DC 17 - (1d20+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Corbin McRogers: Reflex DC17 - (1d20+2)

(17) + 2 = 19

Jan 12, 2024 1:54 pm
Corbin drops to one knee, shoulder's his Blaster and opens up on the nearest enemy.
OOC:
That's E2

Rolls

Blaster (Ranged +3) - (d20+3)

(10) + 3 = 13

Jan 12, 2024 7:20 pm
"It's good to have a heavier option if we meet resistance," Douklan responded, "So stick with the gauss. But let's not put holes in the sensitive equipment if we can help it!"

Then, in the present, Douklan's vision is hazy from the detonation. "You can punch holes here, though, Sergeant!" He calls over his shoulder, trying to direct his voice backwards so it doesn't carry to the hostiles: "Piercey, suppressing fire down the hall; you go high, I go low." He'll step south, kneel in front of her and fire down the hall towards Es 3 & 4, not hoping so much for a hit as to keep them pinned down while Andersen and Corbin take care of the nearer threats.
OOC:
I don't know what the DC is here, so I'm plugging in what I'd think is a reasonable number for doorway cover: 15. Adjust accordingly.
Last edited January 19, 2024 2:23 am

Rolls

Blaster rifle down the hall DC0 (ranged weapons +2, difficulty 15) - (1d20-13)

(6) - 13 = -7

DISADV of same roll - (1d20-13)

(6) - 13 = -7

Jan 13, 2024 10:25 am
Lieutenant Douklan, shaking off the disorientation from the stun grenade, gritted his teeth and raised his blaster, providing covering fire for the team. The corridor echoed with the exchange of blaster shots as the assailants retaliated.

Receive +1 XP, Douklan.

In the midst of the chaos, a red beam of energy sliced through the air, finding its mark. Douklan winced as the blaster shot hit his armor, the protective layer absorbing the impact. His armor held firm, shielding him from the potentially lethal shot.

Corbin, seizing the opportunity, unleashed a precise burst of blaster fire. The shot found its mark, striking one of the assailants with deadly accuracy. The assailant crumpled to the ground, the red glow of their blaster extinguished.

Sgt. Anderson, repositioning himself, tried to move out of the corridor and flank the enemy.

OOC:
What do you do?

Rolls

Damage - (3d8-15)

(271) - 15 = -5

Corbin's shot - (3d8-5)

(728) - 5 = 12

Jan 13, 2024 5:42 pm
Seeing his target drop and Anderson moving into a better position. Corbin stands to his full height, tongues the external speaker volume to full and shouts.

"That's one down, DROP 'EM OR DIE!"

Rolls

Intimidate - (d20+1)

(14) + 1 = 15

Jan 13, 2024 11:41 pm
"GOOD SHOT, SNIPER! THEY'LL SURRENDER IF THEY'RE SMART!" Douklan yells, going along with Corbin's tactic. To Piercey, he says: "Leapfrog!" and scurries into position on the south wall just past the first open door, confident that the sergeant and Corbin have E1 pinned down enough that it's unlikely he'll have the leisure to stick his head out of the room and aim backwards. Knowing that all his immediate allies are behind him, he shoots a burst down the hall again, trying to time it for when E3 or E4 are popping out to fire, but again mostly to suppress fire so that Piercey can run up along the north wall of the corridor.
OOC:
Using the same modifier as last time, and assuming the stun DISADV is still in effect. If it isn't, just use the results of the first roll.

Rolls

(9) - 13 = -4

DISADV of same roll DC0 - (1d20-13)

(3) - 13 = -10

Jan 14, 2024 12:03 am
As Douklan fired a burst down the hall, suppressing the assailants' movements, Piercey seized the opportunity to run along the north wall, leapfrogging towards a better position. They have successfully recovered from the stun grenade. The coordinated tactics aimed to keep the assailants off balance, creating openings and better firing positions for the team.

In the meantime, Corbin's bold move echoed through the corridor, his amplified voice demanding surrender. The assailants, however, defied and ignored it.

Receive +1 XP Corbin, it didn't work this time

Not only they defied, one of them took advantage of the chaos, firing at Douklan and landing a hit.

Receive +1 XP as you succeed with a cost. You take 7 damage, Douklan

Meanwhile, Sergeant Anderson peppered the one flanked by Corbin, killing him, but not before he was also lightly injured by the enemy's blaster. Attempts to shoot Corbin proved futile, his armor proving impervious to it.

The corridor became a battleground, the crew strategically advancing while maintaining a barrage of suppressing fire.

OOC:
What do you do?

Rolls

Shooting Corbin (Blaster rifle, -15 armor, +5 Failure Effect) - (3d8-10)

(315) - 10 = -1

Shooting Douklan (Blaster rifle, -15 armor, +4 Effect) - (3d8-11)

(756) - 11 = 7

Shooting Anderson - (3d8-15)

(778) - 15 = 7

Anderson shoots back - (3d8+1)

(836) + 1 = 18

Jan 14, 2024 2:41 am
"oof..." Douklan shoots at E4, then crosses to the north wall of the corridor, hoping to draw one of them out of cover into the line of Piercey's fire.

Rolls

(9) - 13 = -4

Jan 14, 2024 5:02 pm
"You call." As soon as Douklan fires, Corbin moves past him and fires into the doorway.
OOC:
Corbin moves to the 3rd square past Douklan and fires at E4.

Rolls

Blaster Rifle DC15 - (d20+3)

(10) + 3 = 13

Jan 15, 2024 8:45 am
OOC:
I will definitely change those equipment stats and combat rules for the next chapter, but I feel we can finish this as is.
Douklan winced from the hit but swiftly retaliated, firing at the assailant who dared to wound him. The corridor echoed with blaster fire as Douklan, undeterred, crossed to the north wall, hoping to lure one of the remaining assailants into Piercey's line of fire.

Seizing the opportunity, Corbin moved past Douklan, unleashing precise shots into the doorway where the assailant sought refuge. The combined firepower proved overwhelming, and the assailant fell to the barrage of blaster fire, his threat extinguished.

+1 XP for each of you.

With only two assailants remaining, they attempted to retreat and regroup. But they were flanked by Sergeant Anderson, and one of them felt the powerful impact of the gauss rifle. The now injured assailant staggered, hindered by the potent shot but still fighting.

The team, now in control of the corridor, pressed forward.

OOC:
You can use those grid coordinates to tell me the the position, if you want. Corbin is now at L-20

What do you do?

Rolls

Shooting Corbin (Blaster rifle, -15 armor, +2 Failure Effect) - (3d8-13)

(624) - 13 = -1

Shooting Douklan (Blaster rifle, -15 armor, +4 Failure Effect) - (3d8-11)

(342) - 11 = -2

Corbin shoots E4 - (3d8-5)

(582) - 5 = 10

Douklan shoots E4 - (3d8-5)

(812) - 5 = 6

Jan 15, 2024 3:38 pm
Corbin fires into the room at the visible hostile and moves to the corner.
OOC:
Corbin will fire at E5 and then move to J18.

Rolls

Blaster rifle - (d20+3)

(16) + 3 = 19

Jan 15, 2024 7:20 pm
A few paces behind Corbin, Douklan rushes to K18. If the Separatist there (E5) is still standing, Douklan shoots at them. Otherwise, he tries to hustle forward enough (K14? K15?) to take a shot at E3 through the doorway.

Rolls

Blaster rifle DC0 (ranged weapons +2, difficulty 15) - (1d20-13)

(19) - 13 = 6

Jan 15, 2024 7:20 pm
Corbin, quick and decisive, fired a series of shots into the room where the visible hostile had sought cover. The blaster bolts illuminated the shadows, hitting their mark with deadly precision. The assailant, already injured and disoriented, crumpled under the onslaught of blaster fire, succumbing to the overwhelming force.

As the smoke from the firefight lingered in the corridor, Corbin moved to the corner, maintaining a vigilant stance.

Lieutenant Douklan, a few paces behind Corbin, rushed forward with determined strides. He closed the remaining distance and swiftly engaged the last assailant. Douklan's blaster fire was precise and forceful, hitting the target square and incapacitating the last remaining hostile within Relay Station Theta.

The corridor, once a battleground echoing with blaster fire, now fell silent. The team, led by Lieutenant Douklan, had successfully repelled the ambush, eliminated the Separatist threats, and regained control of the critical relay station.

"Area secure." Anderson reported, his voice steady and resolute.

https://i.imgur.com/qyNLhnV.png
OOC:
What do you do?

Rolls

Secret Roll

Jan 15, 2024 7:45 pm
"Good work, everyone!" Douklan pokes his head out of the western door into the hallway, and waves to Corbin. "Corbin, let's you and I check out the server room. Anderson, you and Piercey check the crew quarters for any trace of the personnel."
Jan 16, 2024 2:47 am
"Absolutely." Corbin heads towards the server room. The first priority is checking the status of the station, then re-aligning the antenna back towards its intended target.

Rolls

Computers - (d20+2)

(16) + 2 = 18

Jan 16, 2024 2:33 pm
In the main server room of Relay Station Theta, Lieutenant Douklan and Corbin worked in tandem, assessing the status of the station's systems. The rhythmic hum of the server cooling systems surrounded them as Corbin interfaced with the central computer console. His fingers danced over the keyboard, navigating through diagnostic reports and system logs.

"So, what are we looking at, Corbin?" Douklan inquired, his eyes fixed on the display.

Corbin, absorbed in his analysis, responded, "Looks like the Separatists rerouted the communication antenna, but the core systems seem intact. I can realign the antenna back to its original target, but it'll take some time before we are able to contact the Sentinel."

Meanwhile, in the crew quarters, Sergeant Anderson and Piercey meticulously searched for clues about the missing personnel. The living quarters were eerily silent, with the personal belongings organized as if the occupants had left in the morning and never returned.
OOC:
What do you do?
Jan 16, 2024 9:39 pm
"Good. If you can start the process and then step away, I'd like to get your thoughts on what's been happening here." Douklan tells Corbin, "In the meantime, I'm going to update the rest of the Marines on our situation." Douklan leaves to contact the Marines back at the shuttle, but on the way, he checks in with Sergeant Anderson and Piercey. "What have you found so far?"
OOC:
Do we have a way of communicating with the shuttle despite the radiation shielding, or does Douklan need to cycle through the airlock to talk to the others on the shuttle?
Jan 16, 2024 11:45 pm
Corbin will start the antenna re-alignment and try and figure out where the crew are. Check for any security footage, etc.

Rolls

Computers - (d20+2)

(20) + 2 = 22

Jan 17, 2024 1:05 pm
As Corbin initiated the antenna realignment process, he simultaneously delved into the station's security systems, seeking clues about the whereabouts of the missing crew. His fingers moved swiftly across the holographic interface, navigating through layers of data.
OOC:
That's actually Investigation, but I'm keeping the 20 on the dice (and the success)
Accessing the security footage archives, Corbin meticulously searched for any unusual activities. After a series of commands, a playback display materialized, revealing events from the previous day.

The footage unfolded, depicting the station's crew going about their daily routines. Then, a sudden intrusion disrupted the tranquility. Separatist figures, clad in dark attire, landed and emerged on the screen. The assailants, armed and coordinated, swiftly incapacitated the station's personnel, leaving them tied up.

But what caught Corbin's attention next was even more unsettling. The Separatists, having left the station with the crew after their initial attack, returned alone. The footage showed them re-entering, unopposed, while the captured crew members were nowhere to be seen.
Quote:
Douklan leaves and he checks in with Sergeant Anderson and Piercey. "What have you found so far?"
Sgt. Will Anderson
"The living quarters are empty, sir. Their personal belongings are organized as if they left in the morning and never returned."

About the same time, Cal contacted the lieutenaunt: "Sir, I have cycled the lock and I'm inside. But it seems like I missed the party. Should I cycle the atmosphere of the whole landing pad, so we can move freely in and out or are we planning to leave the station?"
OOC:
You can contact the ship. This is an atmospheric airlock, mainly to protect from Nocturna's harmful gases, and is not space-graded. As such, radiation protection is weak or even non-existent.
Jan 17, 2024 2:56 pm
"Um, guys, you're gonna want to see this."

Corbin shares the security footage when Douklan arrives.
Jan 17, 2024 4:55 pm
Looking at the playback, Douklan swears. "Shit. Yeah, this supports what I was beginning to suspect." He communicates to the Marines. "No, don't cycle the lock; we'll probably be leaving soon." Turning back to Corbin, he says: "I was wondering where their ship was; ours in the only vehicle in the landing bay. This suggests that not only did they fly their shuttle out of here, but they took the personnel with them. We'll need to let the Captains Rael and Zaytsev know as soon as possible that there's a ship out there trying to stay hidden that may have hostages."
Jan 17, 2024 8:32 pm
"Relay Station Theta, this is the ITC Orbital Station, please respond." - came the communication, as soon as the antenna finished the re-alignment. A lot of data started to flow both ways, in the background, as well.
Jan 18, 2024 1:19 pm
"Douklan, we've got Theta." Corbin gestures to the comm panel and continues to monitor the stations systems.
Jan 18, 2024 7:37 pm
Douklan nods, trusting that Corbin has already verified that it is, in fact, the ITC station. Then he uses the communicator to respond: "Postal Authority, this is Station Theta. You're speaking with Navy Lieutenant Douklan Paravides and Engineer Corbin McRogers. Our team has just eliminated a group of Separatists that had commandeered the relay to communicate with one of their ships hiding in the Belt. There is no sign of your station personnel; we believe that they have been taken off Nocturna, possibly as prisoners."
Jan 18, 2024 8:39 pm
"Roger that, Station Theta. Please stand by, we are transfering you to the Sentinel. We kindly request your support in retrieving the prisoners."

Less than 5 seconds later.

"This is the Sentinel. Captain Rael, speaking. Lieutenant, report."
OOC:
Please include (IC or OOC) your suggestion for the next steps ;)
Jan 19, 2024 12:54 am
Before responding to the Captain, Douklan delivers a quick aside to his companion: "Corbin, was any information that was transmitted here logged in any way? I'd give a lot to know anything more about these secret communications..."

Then, pushing to talk on the transmitter: "Captain, we entered the relay station and encountered a hostile force of six mercenaries hired by Separatists of Draco I. Five dead, one captured. They were directing Theta's antenna to relay communications between Draco I and a ship hidden in the asteroid belt and were left here to hold the station until the ship completed its mission. Corbin has done good work in restoring communications; we're looking to see if any of the Separatist communications were logged. I don't expect we'll find much quickly, but I suspect we've stumbled onto something big. I think the station's personnel were taken off-moon, though I'm not sure that they were prisoners; there's no sign of a struggle here, which may be because they were taken by surprise...or it may mean that they were accomplices. I'm not sure what the Separatists might be planning with one secret ship in the asteroid belt, but do you think that dissatisfaction with Duke Voss is at the level that terrorists might consider redirecting asteroids to impact Draco I? I think that's a possibility, and so I recommend that we try to search the belt for any signs of craft that are trying to avoid detection. We could help in the shuttle, though if we do I would recommend that we leave at least Sergeant Anderson and Worthington to hold the station. They're good in a firefight and we're unlikely to get into one of those out in the Belt. If we have any personnel on Draco I we should communicate to them, too, to see if they catch wind of any suspicious activity. I expect that the Separatists or sympathizers there may be particularly upset now that they aren't getting updates from their ship; they might show themselves in trying to restore it."

"What do you think, Corbin? Am I missing anything?"
Jan 19, 2024 4:11 am
Corbin listens to Douklan's report while trying to see if the transmitted communication was recorded in the logs.

"The sit rep sounded good, I'm guessing you have more info on the local system than I do."

Rolls

Investigation - (d20-4)

(10) - 4 = 6

Jan 19, 2024 12:35 pm
"One moment, Lieutenant Douklan.

Helms, take me towards the main asteroid belt. Full speed, 2G acceleration. Check with comms and the Postal Authority station the specific heading, based on Theta's communication data.

Sensors, find me that ship.

OK, Lieutenant, let me check your asteroid theory..."
- answers Captain Rael - "I'm seeing here that Draco I has a larger than normal budget for its planetary defense forces. They have a lot of defense cannons, a well equipped army, a large orbital station with nukes and batteries and a huge amount of surface-to-space missiles. I don't think a single hidden ship would be able to do much.

But either way, leave the Marines in control of the relay station with the prisoner and catch up with us using the shuttle, we are going on a terrorist hunt.

Mr. McRogers is free to stay in the relay or come with you. The Postal Authority should send some technicians soon to your position, so our people can expect to bring the prisoner into orbit and be relieved by noon. I have also requested for the Celestial Voyager to stay docked until we rescue the prisoners or solve this situation somehow, as we can't just leave now. Captain Zaytsev understood and offered to help if we need. I'm putting you in charge of that. Talk to the crew and coordinate their help, if possible. We may be able to provide the gear.

In the meantime, the orbital station command will talk with Draco I to see what their government plans to do about this whole situation."

Corbin, the contents were encrypted and logs were disabled since they took over, but you are able to learn the source of most of the data (somewhere in Draco I's north regions) and its destinations:

1 - a regular courier service from Stellar Express, moving mail spinwards to Zyronis and back. That's one of the vessels that the ITC orbital station usually employs for its high priority mailing. They probably didn't realize the transmission was not from ITC.

2 - something in this system's main belt, probably the hidden ship. You have the approximate vector but don't have enough to pinpoint the 3 dimensional position. The Sentinel have that vector as well.

The same data, whatever it was, was sent for both.
OOC:
What do you do?
Jan 22, 2024 12:28 am
"Corbin, you heard Captain Rael. I understand if you want to stay here. But I need to leave and help find that hidden ship before something disastrous happens. I'd be happy to have you along. It could be dangerous, but you're good in a pinch and I think the Marines can keep watch on Nocturna until their relief arrives."

Douklan relays the orders to Sergeant Anderson and Worthington, Ellis, and Piercey. "You're all to remain here with the prisoner until relief arrives from the Sentinel. I'm going to try to be extra eyes in the Belt, trying to find any trace of that mystery vehicle."

While they are unloading the prisoner, Douklan starts warming the engines of the shuttle again. Once that process is started, he sends a communication to the Celestial Voyager's shuttle at Draco I: "Gabe, this is Douklan Paravides. We found some Separatist mercenaries here on Nocturna who had replaced the regular personnel. They were using the dish here to relay communications between forces on Draco I's northern hemisphere and some vessel in Draco's asteroid belt. Here's the vector they were transmitting on. I'm taking the shuttle to help search the Belt, but you can see that you and Celestial Voyager's shuttle are closer to that part of the Belt than I am. Whether or not that ship has the missing station personnel, we suspect that it's up to no good, and we'd appreciate the help if you, Hank, and Jil are available to give it."

As soon as the prisoner has been offloaded and the Marines have themselves and all their gear removed to a safe distance (and Corbin is strapped in, if he's coming along), Douklan is going to take off again.
Jan 22, 2024 12:31 am
OOC:
Okay! We will just wait for Corbin's answer and that's the end of the chapter for you.
Jan 22, 2024 3:22 am
Corbin secures the data terminals. "Stay here my ass." he mumbles as he follows Douklan back to the shuttle.
Jan 22, 2024 9:40 am
End of chapter checklist

- Did we earn a profit, either through trading, scavenging, looting or jobs? Not this time.

- Did we discover something new and interesting about the universe? Yes. Nocturna and the relay station. +3 XP

- Did we overcome a difficult challenge or dangerous adversary? Yes. The assailants. +3 XP
I've updated your XP points in the Status sheet. Do you wanna spend some or are you gonna bank them?
Jan 22, 2024 10:10 am
Downtime / traveling to the belt - Rolls for XP (failures have no negative consequences)

+2 XP for Douklan and 1 for Corbin

Rolls

Corbin McRogers: Engineering DC15 (Downtime / traveling) - (1d20+4, 1d20+4)

1d20+4 : (11) + 4 = 15

1d20+4 : (5) + 4 = 9

Douklan Paravides: Piloting DC15 (Downtime / traveling) - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Douklan Paravides: Navigation DC15 (Downtime / traveling) - (1d20+6)

(7) + 6 = 13

Jan 22, 2024 12:26 pm
OOC:
Ok, Increased Piloting from 0 to 1, for 10xp.
Jan 23, 2024 12:45 am
Increasing Douklan's ranged weapons from 0 to 1 seems natural, as it was the single skill I attempted to use the most. -10 XP.
Jan 23, 2024 1:00 am
OOC:
Okay, makes sense. =)

I have also clarified and included the XP from the downtime rolls above. Status sheet up to date.

I will start the next chapter tomorrow with all the players.

Thread locked