[CLOSED] Alien RPG Hope's Last Day 1-shot

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jan 9, 2024 7:51 pm
Hey @bowlofspinach @ThatTaoGuy @McButterpants @C1NDER @SenorDeebs @microtheMacroBear :) I'll work on putting the pre-gen character sheets together, the lines and veils doc, and some initial OOC posts this week - once I have them I'll send invitations to you.

I'm trying to decide whether to use GP character sheets, or put together a Google Sheets character keeper (which I can then also use when playing with people 'live', not just here).

If anyone would not want to use Google Sheets for the character sheet, please let me know soon. Realistically I'd be surprised if I have this all done before the weekend.
Jan 9, 2024 8:18 pm
I thought about it! But "Harm to animals" is one of my lines and I couldn't think of a way to have a cat PC and keep that line intact, especially in this game
Jan 9, 2024 11:50 pm
I'll look for the invite! TY for having me aboard.

fwiw I would prefer to use a customer character sheet within GP for my character - I enjoy having quick access to it at the bottom of the text box when posting.
Jan 10, 2024 12:45 am
Hadn't thought about that, C1NDER - given that, I will indeed use GP sheets instead of Google.

Any ideas/preferences on a good way to share pre-gen GP sheets? At the moment I can think of:

- sharing the BBCode with players via DM
- sharing links to a text file stored e.g. on Google Drive
- putting each in a "note" in a GP post
- putting the code in a GP post so everyone can just see the whole sheet and quote it to get teh code
Jan 10, 2024 12:47 am
I tend towards running games Public - but I'm thinking given the R-related horror likely to happen here it's better to put this one as Private. Not yet certain I'll do that, but just wanted you to know that's how I'm thinking about it atm.
Jan 10, 2024 3:03 am
Sounds good! Will await the character sheet when the method is picked.
Jan 10, 2024 3:23 am
BeardHare says:
Hadn't thought about that, C1NDER - given that, I will indeed use GP sheets instead of Google.

Any ideas/preferences on a good way to share pre-gen GP sheets? At the moment I can think of:

- sharing the BBCode with players via DM
- sharing links to a text file stored e.g. on Google Drive
- putting each in a "note" in a GP post
- putting the code in a GP post so everyone can just see the whole sheet and quote it to get teh code
Usually I will see people post it in character sheet tags withing the game forum, usually at the top of the character creation thread. Here's an example using the current Alien RPG custom sheet in the repository.
[ +- ] Alien RPG - advanced sheet
Then you can share the pregens in the same thread (a picture or whatnot) and have players plug in the info
Last edited January 10, 2024 3:24 am
Jan 10, 2024 8:18 pm
Thank you for the invite! I look forward to the game.

I also like having the character sheet on GP, but I'm good with whatever you choose.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.