Thoughts on a game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 25, 2023 12:26 am
I've recently acquired Play Manga d20 and Fantasy Manga d20 Expanded and had a thought regarding a potential campaign. Modern-day Tokyo is suddenly fractured into six districts: neo-Tokyo (a cyberpunk dystopia c. 2055), ancient Edo (c. 1530, age of the samurai), modern Tokyo (almost exactly as it is today, c. 2024), Steampunk Tokyo (c.1890, where steam power rules), fantasy Edo (an alternate fantasy Tokyo with fantasy races), and future Tokyo (c. 2430). The Imperial Defense Force is now faced with multiple threats from both within and without and employs folks from across the six districts to serve Japan and protect her from all threats.

Players would portray members of the IDF and could portray a character from any of the districts. The rules make it possible for any type of character to play alongside any other type; a samurai from historical Edo could adventure with a mecha pilot from future Tokyo and a sorcerer from fantasy Edo, for example. I haven't worked out all the details yet, obviously, but I wanted to see how the idea might be accepted.
Dec 25, 2023 2:02 am
It would be a new system for me, but I'd be down to learn.
Dec 25, 2023 4:26 am
So, is it essentially a D&D 5e adaptation?
Dec 25, 2023 4:34 am
It is a Pathfinder 1e adaptation. Someone took the BESM d20 ruleset and adapted it to Pathfinder 1e. It is an excellent adaptation, however.
Jan 12, 2024 7:40 pm
Not sure about the etiquette of reviving old threads...but this sounds interesting. BESM was one of the first games I ever played.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.