[Interest check] SotDL: Darkness Upon Us

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 27, 2023 5:05 pm
Shadow of the Demon Lord is a TTRPG loosely based on DnD with a good dose of grimdark. Players unfamiliar with the system are of course welcome. I've GMed it a few times already, but have yet to do it here by PbP.

So, without further ado, allow me to introduce you to Darkness Upon Us, a SotDL game set in my own world, focused on a group of adventures trying to survive (and perhaps eventually thrive) in a world that's falling apart around them, slowly corrupted by the everpresent shadow. Of course it won't be purely survival a plot will certainly manifest itself, but death will be waiting around every corner and character mortality could be quite high. If bandits, beastmen, undead or demons don't get you, perhaps madness, sickness or an infected wound will do you in. But if you survive you will be able to fight monsters, make deals with fey, raid ancient ruins, make powerful allies and decide the fates of whole societies.

This is a quick summary, I am mostly trying to see how many people would be interested and potentially I will later write a proper recruitment thread.
Dec 27, 2023 5:07 pm
One of my favourite games, I would love to play!
Dec 27, 2023 6:22 pm
If you're willing to teach, I'm interested in learning.
Dec 27, 2023 6:40 pm
I love SotDL. I would definitely be interested in playing.
Dec 27, 2023 7:03 pm
Would love to join!
Dec 28, 2023 3:01 am
Have to pass here, but good luck running SotDL -- it's fabulous and great to see a new GM to the site dive right in.
Dec 31, 2023 3:25 am
I'm closing in on my cap for games; I'd love to join, but only if there's any additional spots open after everyone else has a chance to play. I'm am currently in a game and running a game for SotDL on this site.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.