[Closed] IC: Fabula Ultima: Catalyst Destiny

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

OpenFabula UltimaPrivate1 / daysaevikas
Hamartia is a world marred by strife. Its mountains are made of the petrified corpse of giants from an age bygone, and its moon limps across the sky, scarred by some terrible act from time immemorial.

In the midst of such tumultuous times, the most recent age stands out as one at equilibrium. An entire generation has gone by without war, and only the elders remember when borders were painted with blood. City-states and cultures steadily develop, and the state of affairs remain stable. Peace.

However, the equilibrium grows fragile. In a bordering land, warlords have begun to feud among themselves in a bid to become the one leader of them all. To those with the foresight (and hindsight), it's clear that the warlords' ambitions will not stop at the borders. Times are changing once more.

...But is this really the greatest threat to the world of Hamartia?

Jan 9, 2024 6:27 pm
https://i.imgur.com/PUFokvA.jpg

Greetings! A few of my games wrapped up recently, so I'd like to take the chance to run Fabula Ultima. Yes, this is a reaction to me missing the other Fabula Ultima recruitment thread.

System
For those of you that don't know, Fabula Ultima aims to emulate the JRPGs many of us treasure and love through a fairly easy to grok system. Remember to use those Fabula points and Bonds!
Of particular note is the flexible character building process, which allows you to mix and match abilities from different classes to really nail the feel of whatever character concept you have in your head.

Premise
Hamartia is a world marred by strife. Its mountains are made of the petrified corpse of giants from an age bygone, and its moon limps across the sky, scarred by some terrible act from time immemorial.

In the midst of such tumultuous times, the most recent age stands out as one at equilibrium. An entire generation has gone by without war, and only the elders remember when borders were painted with blood. City-states and cultures steadily develop, and the state of affairs remain stable. Peace.

However, the equilibrium grows fragile. In a bordering land, warlords have begun to feud among themselves in a bid to become the one leader of them all. To those with the foresight (and hindsight), it's clear that the warlords' ambitions will not stop at the borders. Times are changing once more.

...But is this really the greatest threat to the world of Hamartia?

Player Experience
None needed.

Posting Expectations
Ideally every day or two. If things happen in life and your posting is affected, that's alright. Just make sure to let the group know about it. If two or three days pass without a post or notice, I'll move things along to keep the game's pace brisk.

Character Restrictions
To keep it simple, I'll be using the base game rules. If you want to use content outside of the base rules, ask and I'll take a look.

Applying
Just state your interest in this thread! This is not a first come first serve deal, so feel free to post even if a lot of other people have posted. If you have a particular setting preferences, have character concepts in mind, or have any questions, feel free to share your thoughts. It'll help me prep.
Last edited January 10, 2024 4:43 pm
Jan 9, 2024 6:30 pm
I'd love to play Fabula Ultima if you're taking applications! I have no character concepts in mind as of this moment, but I'd like to go for a classic JRPG-feeling thing...
Jan 9, 2024 6:48 pm
Ah, you missed my recruitment post!

Well, I'm also looking to try out being a player while I run my own campaign, so if you're happy to have me I'd love to carve out a little slot in your game. I have a few character concepts based on the brief, but I'll wait until others have shown an interest before I throw any out there!
Jan 9, 2024 7:27 pm
If it's Steampunk/Dieselpunk, I'm in.

I like High Fantasy Atlas classes, but not the High Fantasy worlds or methods.
Jan 9, 2024 9:08 pm
Planting my interest flag here.

I can do simple concepts, I swear!

KCC

Jan 10, 2024 12:22 am
Marking my interest here for posterity. Would love to jump into these books properly!
Jan 10, 2024 7:52 am
I'm interested as well.
Jan 10, 2024 10:42 pm
Anybody who wants to be on a shortlist just in case spots open up can post in this thread.
Jan 14, 2024 6:02 am
Sign me up! Big Fabula fan, and I missed the previous one too, so eager to hop in if you need an extra. :)
Last edited January 14, 2024 6:04 am
Jan 14, 2024 8:14 pm
You've been added to the shortlist!
Jan 31, 2024 11:08 pm
@KaeJae
One of our players have bowed out. Would you like to hop in? We've just wrapped up worldbuilding and are working on group/character creation.
Feb 6, 2024 7:53 pm
If you need another shortlister, I am available. I'm not super familiar with the system, but I have at least read the book(s).
Feb 8, 2024 2:23 am
You've been added to the the shortlist!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.