Heretics and Resistors (2400/24XX)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 14, 2024 4:25 pm
✅ The Game System and Rules Version. 2400 / 24XX, specifically the Resistors and Heretic modules. Community copies of Resistors are available, and if you want a free copy of Heretic just ask me.

✅ The Pitch. IN NEW COKE CITY, you gotta jailbreak your cyber-arm if you wanna give the finger. The corps own it all, including the cops. Most people don’t bother to resist. You aren’t most people ...

Under the surface: THE SECRET SERVICE HAS A SPECIAL BRANCH that holds the line against Them, the ones who want to come in from outside and turn the world out. But They are tempters …

✅ Adult Content or Controversial Themes. I personally don't feel comfortable with graphic anything, but we are likely to mention violence to the extent of "blood spatters across the room" or "your arm is broken" and we may touch on sexy stuff to the extent of "he pulls you slowly toward him for a lingering kiss ..." - depends where the story turns.

✅ Character Restrictions. The characters can be made using Resistors rules or Heretic rules.

✅ Game Duration and Post Frequency. We're going to play until we get bored. My posting will be infrequent, so I'm looking for players who are willing to respond within a few days when a new post goes up.

✅ Specialized Software and Resources. Infrequently it might be interesting to have a live voice session via Discord. That depends on who signs up for this, time zones, etc.

✅ Player Experience Requirements. 2400/24XX is pretty easy to learn; the rules are written to encourage risk management using common sense.

✅ How to Apply. I don't feel a need to put up a lot of fences around this, it's a niche game. Read the rules to be sure that this your style of play.

✅ Welcome Marginalized Groups. Really, anyone who isn't an ass.
Jan 14, 2024 6:06 pm
A question about Heretic: It sounds, from the game page, like it might contain a 'defector mechanic', where one of the players is secretly playing against the group's goals? If that a correct interpretation (I don't have the rules)? Is so, it may be wise to warn players before they join, since that can be quite uncomfortable in a RPG.
Jan 14, 2024 7:30 pm
vagueGM says:
A question about Heretic: It sounds, from the game page, like it might contain a 'defector mechanic', where one of the players is secretly playing against the group's goals? If that a correct interpretation (I don't have the rules)? Is so, it may be wise to warn players before they join, since that can be quite uncomfortable in a RPG.
Yes, there is the potential for a defector mechanic. There can be multiple defectors, the entire group can defect, there can be NPC "defectors". This would be a session zero discussion.

Also, the entire rules can be viewed at the link that you helpfully posted.
Last edited January 14, 2024 7:32 pm
Jan 14, 2024 7:31 pm
tibbius says:
... There can be multiple defectors, the entire group can defect, ...
Somehow, that makes it all alright. :)
Jan 16, 2024 3:08 am
2400 is a great game, rules light in the right way. I'd love to give this a shot with or without one or more defector heretics.
Jan 19, 2024 2:32 pm
I've only ever played 24xx/18xx games using solo rules, and I would like to give a game with other people a go and see if I am even playing it correctly. I would love to be included if there is room.
Last edited January 19, 2024 2:33 pm
Jan 23, 2024 5:25 pm
I am currently very involved in litigation. This post got interrupted by work stuff. My time may free up a bit in February.
Feb 29, 2024 6:42 am
I ran a couple of different 2400 games IRL and would love to join, should this one materialize!
Feb 29, 2024 6:43 am
I ran a couple of different 2400 games IRL and would love to join, should this one materialize!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.