[CLOSED] Sailor on The Seas of Fate (5e)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedDungeons & Dragons 5thPrivate2 / daySenorDeebs
I am looking for a small group of players who are active posters to participate as players/GM's in a series of short adventures, each taking place in a different setting/plane. Players will act as crew members on a ship that can 'sail' throughout the multiverse. My hope is to trade off DM'ing at different points to give participants an opportunity both to act as a player in different scenarios but also the run a scenario of ther choice when they feel comfortable doing so.

This is part of an ongoing game- characters current level is at: 8 (please see below for character creation info).

We will be posting frequently during Eastern Standard Time (a minimum of once per day but often more depending on posting flow).
We will be using a few homebrew rules I use in table games based on personal preference. If you have a rule preference pitch it in the OOC thread and we can vote on it. I am not going to be rewriting the 5e rules- but am willing to tweak a few things or reskin items/ideas/concepts.
We will not be focusing on crafting, carousing, or other supplemental rules with the goal of keeping it simple.

Jan 15, 2024 3:02 pm
I am looking for a small group of players (three to join an existing group of three) who are active posters to participate as players/GM's in a series of short adventures, each taking place in a different setting/plane. Players will act as crew members on a ship that can 'sail' throughout the multiverse.

My hope is to trade off DM'ing at different points to give participants an opportunity both to act as a player in different scenarios but also to run a scenario of ther choice when they feel comfortable doing so.

This is part of an ongoing game- characters current level is at Level 8. We are using 5e rules and I think any published WoTC material is acceptable

We will be posting frequently during Eastern Standard Time (a minimum of once per day but often more depending on posting flow).

We will be using a few homebrew rules I use in table games based on personal preference.

If you have a rule preference pitch it in the OOC thread and we can vote on it. I am not going to be rewriting the 5e rules- but am willing to tweak a few things or reskin items/ideas/concepts.

If interested please let us know.

We will not be focusing on crafting, carousing, or other supplemental downtime rules with the goal of keeping it simple.
Last edited January 17, 2024 10:06 pm
Jan 15, 2024 3:37 pm
I be just a sailing the seven seas. Yo. Avast. I see a game in the horizon. All oars forward. I'm good.
Jan 15, 2024 3:55 pm
I'll be interested, but I'm stuck to the European timezones.
Given a little time to gauge the tone of the game, I can also take my turn as a GM

I have a character concept that I am working on. It is a holy person, an asimar and/or ex-paladin who realised how hypocritical their gods/dogmas are that they flipped from Lawfull Good to Chaotic Good, and stole an artefact from the church vault called "chain breaker". This chain breaker is the hex-weapon of the warlock.
Going to be dual-wielding, pack of the blade, and not have Eldrich blast
Last edited January 15, 2024 6:17 pm
Jan 15, 2024 5:54 pm
I’d love to be considered for this! I’m new to PbP but very eager to learn the ropes with the goal of mainly GMing in the future. I live in EST and can post 1+ times per day. Currently playing a couple 5e games and I’m in two GP games, so learning PbP as quick as I can.
Jan 15, 2024 6:23 pm
If you’d entertain a fourth please, then I express interest as well. Valor Bard or Fighter. Cheers.
Jan 15, 2024 6:35 pm
If you're interested and I haven't spoken to you through DM/PM- what are your character ideas? What plane of existence does your character hail from and how did they wind up on board and in service to this ship?

The Unreliable is a ship that travels through planes on the Seas of Fate (apologies to Michael Moorcock). Sailors hail from anywhere in the multiverse. Their reasons for serving are myriad and individual. It can be a personal quest, an atonement for past sins, or a mischance or accident.

Characters can be from any location- as long as their origin can be modified to fit into a 5e game.
Last edited January 15, 2024 6:43 pm
Jan 15, 2024 6:47 pm
In terms of characters, I like to see what other players choose so I can build something unique and synergistic. I’d probably like to try multi-classing wizard/artificer or warlock/sorcerer. I also have a fun Thri-Kreen battle master fighter that I’ve wanted to try for a while.

Not sure if you’re into the MTG/WotC crossover plane shift series of stuff, but I’ve wanted to play or GM something in the Ixalan or Kaladesh settings.
Jan 15, 2024 6:50 pm
We’ve have currently an artificer, a Paladin/bard, and a rogue.
Jan 15, 2024 6:50 pm
I’m most familiar with FR, so if chosen I’d play a bard or fighter from Faerun, seeking safe passage from a landlubbing enemy. S/he would be something of an entertainer/storyteller, but job-wise I guess prolly a first or second mate. Or maybe swabbing the deck. If and as it needs swabbing.
Jan 15, 2024 6:58 pm
SenorDeebs says:
We’ve have currently an artificer, a Paladin/bard, and a rogue.
In that case, I’d first put forward the Thri-Kreen battle master. I conceived him first for an Exandria campaign, but can have him originally from in rural areas of the Outlands. He’d have a Folk Hero background and be somewhat of a myth. Originally he had a Mastiff mount who people associated with the heroic events that took place in their region. He carries a shield of expression to express his emotional state to companions and is a ranged weapons expert (he has unique racial weapons).

Again, happy to create something unique to fit in with the needs of the group. For example, I’d be happy to build a warlock or cleric to give us more full-casting capabilities.
Last edited January 15, 2024 10:44 pm
Jan 15, 2024 7:29 pm
The mix of playing and DMing caught my eye, but I see this game is already pretty full. If something else like this crops up in the future, I'd love to be considered!
Jan 15, 2024 7:32 pm
DragonDweller62 says:
The mix of playing and DMing caught my eye, but I see this game is already pretty full. If something else like this crops up in the future, I'd love to be considered!
Not at all. I’m being really selective- and if you’re interested I would love to have you.
Jan 15, 2024 8:03 pm
Well. I'm thinking of a guy who is a master chief for a cook on the trips, I go Tiefling who likes hot food, and is a sorcerer. "Let them all burn!"
Last edited January 15, 2024 8:04 pm
Jan 15, 2024 8:06 pm
Well, I'd be happy to throw my hat in the ring.

As for a character concept, I have a multitude. (Don't we all? Lol)

I've been eyeing a skill monkey build (Bard, Rogue, Hexblade Warlock) that has to be level 8-9 to be "online." Motivation would probably be escaping some sort of legal entanglement.

I had a build based on Jason Voorhees. Could easily be Master of Arms for the boat.

That said, if we are pulling from the multiverse I may look at some books I never get into (MtG supplements, etc.) for ideas.
Jan 15, 2024 8:25 pm
Withdrawing my interest, but thank you.
Jan 15, 2024 8:34 pm
WhiteDwarf says:
Withdrawing my interest, but thank you.
Thanks for considering.
Jan 15, 2024 10:15 pm
MaJunior says:
Well, I'd be happy to throw my hat in the ring.

As for a character concept, I have a multitude. (Don't we all? Lol)

I've been eyeing a skill monkey build (Bard, Rogue, Hexblade Warlock) that has to be level 8-9 to be "online." Motivation would probably be escaping some sort of legal entanglement.

I had a build based on Jason Voorhees. Could easily be Master of Arms for the boat.

That said, if we are pulling from the multiverse I may look at some books I never get into (MtG supplements, etc.) for ideas.
Great! Thanks for considering joining.
Jan 15, 2024 10:40 pm
SenorDeebs says:
Not at all. I’m being really selective- and if you’re interested I would love to have you.
That's great, thanks for the invite. There are two planar characters from former games that I'm thinking of adapting for this one—a battle master fighter and an alchemist artificer. Of course, I can always make an entirely new character, but I'll save the details for the game forum.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.