[Interest Check] Itching to run a Fate game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 15, 2024 10:49 pm
Hey all, I'm a huge fan of the Fate game system, but am not currently running/playing in any Fate games. The easiest way to resolve that? Start one up! I'm open to story/setting ideas. I'll happily run fantasy, wild west, Conan, modern fantasy, Star Wars, a game set in any D&D Setting, a game set in the Rifts Multiverse, or a supers game. Anyone interested?
Jan 15, 2024 11:11 pm
I’m unfamiliar with that system, but you come highly recommended as a GM and I’d love to get into one of your games at some point! :)
Jan 15, 2024 11:33 pm
That’s all kinds of awesome! I didn’t know I had a rep here, let alone a good one. Of the settings I threw out is there one that interests you?
Jan 16, 2024 12:07 am
You know, I think whatever settings you’re feeling excited to run would be awesome! I’ll never say no to Star Wars/sci-fi and Conan/modern fantasy sounds interesting!
Last edited January 16, 2024 1:01 am
Jan 16, 2024 12:11 am
If I get enough interest I should probably take a poll.
Jan 16, 2024 12:22 am
Never played Fate, I'd be curious to try it, especially if ran by an expert guide.
Conan sounds like it could be fun.
Jan 16, 2024 12:22 am
I've played using the FATE system in the past, though it has been a while. I'd be interested :)
Jan 16, 2024 12:51 am
I'm playing in one of your games now, and if that isn't an issue I've been curious to see FATE in action. Are you thinking of FATE core or accelerated?

As far as settings, something either wild west or sci Fi seem like a good idea to me. I do plenty of fantasy already
Jan 16, 2024 12:53 am
I'd always thought FATE would make for a good Stargate type game...with short missions (going to planets), yet with an overarching story that ties it together.
Jan 16, 2024 1:10 am
Ironmonger42 says:
I'm playing in one of your games now, and if that isn't an issue I've been curious to see FATE in action. Are you thinking of FATE core or accelerated?
Absolutely no issue that you’re already in one of my games. And I’m thinking Fate Core/Condensed, not Accelerated.
Jan 16, 2024 1:11 am
Sardis says:
I'd always thought FATE would make for a good Stargate type game...with short missions (going to planets), yet with an overarching story that ties it together.
That’s an interesting idea. It’s going in the hat along w/Conan.
Jan 16, 2024 1:27 am
Or what about a team of time travelers that monitors history for abnormalities that indicate someone changed something in the past?
Jan 16, 2024 1:29 am
wormholes vs the fabric of time...either works for me :)
Jan 16, 2024 5:28 am
I love FATE! More of a Fantasy fan myself, but I could be down for sci-fi if ot went that way.

I like Urban Fantasy the best, but sword & sorcery is great. Or superheroes? The more room I have to imagine the better!
Jan 16, 2024 6:29 am
I would be interested in a Stargate kind of game. Be it fantacy modern like the tv show or in a distance future.
Jan 16, 2024 6:56 am
Fantastic to see Fate get some love here!
Jan 16, 2024 7:47 am
Too many games running/playing for me at the moment unfortunately, otherwise I'd be posting interest :) So far the Fate I've seen that I'd most like to play in is Fate of Cthulhu... Wishing you a lot of fun playing together!
Jan 16, 2024 7:54 am
Clearly there’s enough interest for me to run a game. Time to start a recruitment thread.
Last edited January 16, 2024 8:10 am

You do not have permission to post in this thread.