Year Seven - Playtest [CLOSED]

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 16, 2024 9:51 pm
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/742996989431775295/1104070194520928277/6de5e6d7b0fe79b3a8c886c598b0628d.png

I'm not supposed to say the name or publisher here, but I have a small playtest packet for a system designed around survival after a zombie apocalypse. I am need to run a one-shot playtest and give feedback on the mechanics. To do this, I'm looking for 3-4 players. Here's the pitch:

It's seven years after the infection started to spread. The only ones left now are the lucky ones, the ones that could get to shelter, or al least get far enough away that the zombies had no reason to roam that far when there were closer victims to chase. You're part of a small community that slowly came together in rural southeast Oklahoma. Life has been, for the most part, good. There's enough of you to keep watch on your walls and no one else has come to bother you. You've even got a good number of children that are being raised, so humanity has a chance.

But with the loss of most of civilization has come the loss of most modern medicine too, and now sickness is ravaging the younger ones in your community. No one wants to leave, but everyone knows what must be done, so you all drew lots to determine who would leave the safety of your compound and head south to the closest place where there's a change there's medicine - the remnants of the abandoned Metroplex, Dallas, Texas.

You drew a short straw, so it's time to get moving. You've been lucky so far, but now luck just means you might make it back.

If you're interested, tell me what survivor trope you'd like to play. I don't want to end up with a full tactical team of Afghanistan vets, but I also don't want to end up with the high school color guard.
Last edited January 18, 2024 4:23 pm
Jan 16, 2024 10:29 pm
I would love to get in on this!

My go-to would be military (current or former), but some sort of medical role or even a builder would work.
Jan 16, 2024 11:11 pm
Oh man, I have always wanted to do a contemporary zombie survival game. I’d be interested in joining as some sort of crazy survivalist prepper lady. Somewhere between Daryl on Walking Dead and Tallahassee in Zombieland.
Jan 16, 2024 11:51 pm
The outbreak happened during my senior year of high school, not long after I turned eighteen. I was always a bit of a nerd back then, building computers and stuff. Not all that popular, really. Well, guess I didn't really have to worry about whether or not I could find a prom date, right?

I've managed to survive in the years since, though. I'm not the biggest or the strongest out there, but I like to think I'm pretty clever. Turns out a solid understanding of geometry and trigonometry translates into being a pretty decent shot with a rifle or crossbow, and I've done a pretty good job of helping with hunting thanks to the traps and whatnot I've been able to tinker together.
Jan 17, 2024 1:43 am
Zombies. I'm dying to try this. :)
Jan 17, 2024 10:17 pm
We've got three complete applications, so still room for one more.
Jan 18, 2024 1:57 am
I'm very interested, playing as either the "hippie artist" trope, or the "quasi-legal immigrant" trope.
Jan 18, 2024 4:23 pm
Those four should go fairly well together, so applications are closed for the moment. @kylewiser @spaceseeker19 I've sent invites. To accept the invitation go here: https://gamersplane.com/games/4338/
Last edited January 18, 2024 4:24 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.