**Recruitment 5e** Eldoria

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 19, 2024 4:26 pm
Stonewatch. Verdant Haven. Ironspire. Frostreach. Azure Isles. 5 countries. 5 vastly different lands. In a world filled with monsters, both old and new, the biggest thing to fear is the sentient ones. Every country wants power. No country wants an outright war. How long can these fragile cease fires and treatises last? What about these new monsters? Where did they come from and why are they here?

This game will be full of role playing, combat, and political intrigue. There will be some homebrew rules as well:

Magic identification: You can no longer identify magic items on a short rest. Instead, you will need to cast identify, pay for identification, or even just experiment. Arcana checks can help identify items, but not always.

Death Saves: You make your death saves where only the player and DM can see, not the other players. This adds a sense of mystery in combat. Also, whenever you are stabilized or healed from death, you gain one level of exhaustion.

These are just some samples of rules I will be implementing.
Jan 19, 2024 4:33 pm
Sounds like it could be fun. What do you anticipate the pace of play to be like? Generally, but especially with campaigns with RP and Political intrigue i like to keep things moving. I tend to lose focus and forget my own plans, schemes and goals when things slow to a crawl.
Jan 19, 2024 5:07 pm
I want at least a post a week, except weekends. I can generally do more, but don't expect others to. I can generally keep up a good pace until May, then it drops off until August, due to my job though.
Jan 19, 2024 5:42 pm
Sounds like you want to create a rich explorable world with personality. I’m thinking weekly updates would make it tough for players to develop and create meaningful relationships within the campaign world. That’s just my opinion of course! Too much silence in between posts makes me forgetful and the quality of my responses when things do happen go way down.
Jan 19, 2024 6:01 pm
Yes, weekly posting is rather difficult in terms of momentum. It doesn’t need be strictly every day, but too much time between posts and you start losing aspects of RP and the sense of who’s on first. IME.
Jan 19, 2024 6:09 pm
I want at least a post a week, except for weekends looks to me like the intent was "at least a post a day" except for weekends...but I could be wrong?
Jan 19, 2024 6:23 pm
Sardis says:
I want at least a post a week, except for weekends looks to me like the intent was "at least a post a day" except for weekends...but I could be wrong?
Yeah that seems right
Jan 19, 2024 6:40 pm
I've DMed my interest to the GM but will state it here as well, so that it is on the public record :)
Jan 19, 2024 6:49 pm
I definitely meant once a day. That was an oversight on my part.
Jan 19, 2024 7:01 pm
I'm definitely interested!
Jan 19, 2024 7:33 pm
Posting interest pending character creation details. Thanks.
Jan 19, 2024 7:39 pm
Consider me interersted assuming we can get a great group of active players!
Jan 19, 2024 7:39 pm
Standard Array, Point buy, 4d6, or 24d6 for stats.

Any 5e officially published race/class is fine.

Start at level 3.

Basic starting gear +50G
Jan 19, 2024 8:59 pm
I’m in! Posting interest, thanks!
Jan 19, 2024 9:31 pm
I'm interested. Would love to hear more about what the party's initial hook is, but I'm game for a role play combat and political intrigue game. Sounds fun!
Jan 19, 2024 9:43 pm
I have 4 but if one falls through, you’re up.
Jan 19, 2024 10:31 pm
Very much interested!
Jan 27, 2024 2:28 am
I would be interested. Do you need a character write up?
Jan 27, 2024 3:47 am
I’m all full up for now guys. But depending on how this flows, I may open up another in the same world.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.