Player Interest: Dnd 5e game The Chocolate Factory

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 22, 2024 4:38 am
Hey there!

Planning a new play by post dnd 5e homebrew game which will start sometime in March and was curious if anyone would be interested in playing.

The Game is called the Chocolate Factory Heist and will take place a few years after the events of the Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory movie.

You all have been requested by Chocolatier Slugworth to Sneak into the Wonka Chocolate Factory in order to steal some of his rarest sweets including ones never before released to the public.
The Factory was closed to public tours after the disappearance of the Golden Ticket Trial participants 2 years ago but sweets are still being made and sold for public consumption by the Sweets Warlock Wonka and his workers the Oompa Loompa Dwarves. Are you brave enough to go into the factory and take the sweets? Be wary that many perils await you inside too.

The game won't start until March 12th and will start at level 3 and go to level 8.
I would love to see everyone post at least three times during the week during Monday through Thursday as we take the weekend Fri-Sun off with holidays.

Stats will be point buy, You can do gold or equipment. Slugworth will give everyone 500 gold to start out to use for supplies for the heist.

As for Character creation: You can play as any humanoid race like elves, genasi, human, dwarves, halflings, or if you just want to be humans like in the Willy Wonka universe then that is fine too.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know. I would like to have 6 players for this game too.

Thanks!
Amber šŸ˜
Last edited January 22, 2024 4:39 am
Jan 22, 2024 5:02 pm
Awesome Abyss.

Anyone else interested? I'll set up the game page and send you invites once we have 6 players.

Let me know your character ideas too.
Jan 22, 2024 5:25 pm
I'll apply. I'm considering a human battlemaster. Aside from point-buy, are variant humans and feats allowed?
Jan 22, 2024 6:09 pm
Dang. Chocolate sounds so inviting but my table has too much food on it as it is and no space for any chocolate.
Jan 22, 2024 7:16 pm
I might be interested is a fun little one shot.
Would need to think about who to make.
Jan 24, 2024 2:59 am
1st off this will be a mini campaign from level 3-8.

2ndly, human Variant and feats will be allowed too and yes, half-orc is fine.

That's ok Gene.

Definitely join us Smiley should be a fun time if you would like to join up.
Last edited January 24, 2024 3:05 am
Jan 24, 2024 3:03 pm
Sure let's do this.

I was thinking of playing a character themed like Augustus Gloop. Overweight. Always eating. Gross.
Maybe a barbarian...
Jan 24, 2024 4:44 pm
I was going to be a half-orc bear totem barbarian. After level 4 I was going to multi into fighter.
Jan 25, 2024 10:28 am
It DOES sounds fun! Not sure how many you're looking for but if you're still looking I'd throw my hat in. Maybe a human rogue that was once obsessed with candy .... maybe bitter over not winning a golden ticket? Or maybe a relative of the missing winner...
Jan 26, 2024 2:17 am
I need 6 players Senordeebs and that sounds cool. Maybe you are one of Charlie buckets cousins as Charlie was the winner of the Golden Ticket trials.

And awesome Abyss. And that's cool Smiley.

So far we have 4 interested players. Once we have 6 players I will create the game page and send the invites out.
Jan 26, 2024 11:32 am
I want in!!!!! Tolly "The top" Topman human ranger wretch. He holds great disdain for Wonka after spending his life savings in search of a golden ticket. Now homeless he has been seeking vengeance and found a new opportunity through Mr. Slugworth to do so.
Last edited January 26, 2024 1:38 pm
Jan 27, 2024 4:18 am
Awesome Genogambino, sounds cool. Would be glad to have you in the game. You'll be player #5.

Now we just need 1 more and I can set up the main game page and send out invites.
Last edited January 27, 2024 10:41 pm
Jan 29, 2024 3:13 pm
OMG!!! What about a recast of the og characters!!!
Jan 29, 2024 3:27 pm
I would be so interested, I'm a fan of willy wonka.

As for a character concept idk.
I'm thinking Mike TV, Gnome artificer gunslinger?

or smaller if possible :D
Jan 30, 2024 2:29 am
Hey Cave it's up to you what you want to play. You'll just be working for Slugworth and this will be set a few years after the events of the Gene wilder film.

I'll try to have the main game page up by Friday and will send you all invites to the game too but we won't be officially starting until March 12th.
Feb 6, 2024 4:35 am
Going to set the game page up on Sunday and send invitations out to those who are interested in playing so stay tuned.
Feb 6, 2024 5:02 am
My mother warned me about metals being bad as I toss this gold wrapped chocolate bar away.
Feb 17, 2024 4:25 pm
Won't be able to set up the game until March 12th so am setting the game start day to march 13th. I'll send out invitations on the 12th.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.