Recruitment Thread: Fate in the world of Conan!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedFate AcceleratedPublic4 / weekJoshuaMabry
"KNOW, oh prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars—Nemedia, Ophir, Brythunia, Hyperborea, Zamora with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery, Zingara with its chivalry, Koth that bordered on the pastoral lands of Shem, Stygia with its shadow-guarded tombs, Hyrkania whose riders wore steel and silk and gold. But the proudest kingdom of the world was Aquilonia, reigning supreme in the dreaming west. Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen- eyed,sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet."

Sword and Sorcery in the age of Conan! I will be skewing more towards Robert Howard's original Conan works than any of the writing, film and tv work that came after. If you crave bloodthirsty combat with savage warriors, steaming jungles, vast deserts, mysterious ruins and the foulest of black magiks, look no further.

Jan 25, 2024 2:59 pm
I'm looking for two more players for this game. Posting frequency will be four posts a week, and we'll have a total of five players. Anyone interested in playing out the savage barbarism of the Hyborian Age is welcome, regardless of familiarity with Fate Accelerated Edition or the Conan stories.
Last edited January 25, 2024 3:02 pm
Jan 25, 2024 3:03 pm
I'll monitor this thread through Monday 1/29 and then choose from anybody who expresses interest.
Jan 25, 2024 3:58 pm
I am interested, but I have not played Fate Accelerated before. I have the book, but haven't cracked it open.
Jan 25, 2024 4:05 pm
Happy to teach Fate to a new player. :-)
Jan 25, 2024 4:33 pm
@JoshuaMabry

I would enjoy getting in on this game...I'm a huge fan of the Conan/Red Sonja movies (even if I haven't read any of the novels...though I can see myself starting up with the Conan Chronicles as I've recently realized they too were written by one of my favorite authors, Robert Jordan - and his Wheel of Time series).

I'm in another of your Fate Accelerated games based on the Dresden Files...and am looking forward to learning this system with your tutelage.

:)
Jan 25, 2024 5:20 pm
JoshuaMabry says:
Happy to teach Fate to a new player. :-)
I am willing to learn. Plus, I absolutely love the Hyborian setting.
Jan 25, 2024 7:48 pm
Conan! Sounds so inviting, but I'm so unknown to Fate system. Much better to pick someone up would be better with it. Thoughts to be a female warrior in that is cool.
Jan 26, 2024 12:35 am
If you still have space, color me interested. To let you know upfront though, I'm new to all of it. Pbp, the fate system and somewhat the setting.
I know about it obviously, but not too much.
I do like gobbling up new things though.
Jan 26, 2024 4:26 am
Hi, I'm a fairly new Conan fan. I've only read some of the Howard stories and seen the Schwarzenegger films, but I do enjoy the mystery and romance of the Hyborian Age. Also I've played a bit of Fate; I believe I was in another game of yours a while back.
Jan 30, 2024 2:41 pm
Let's roll them bones!

1. McButterpants
2. Sardis
3. Jomsviking
4. ChrSch
5. DragonDweller62

Rolls

Player Slot #1 - (1d5)

(4) = 4

Jan 30, 2024 2:42 pm
And for Slot #2

1. McButterpants
2. Sardis
3. Jomsviking
4. DragonDweller62

Rolls

Player Slot #2 - (1d4)

(3) = 3

Jan 30, 2024 2:43 pm
So invites will go out to @Jomsviking and @ChrSch. Thank you so much everyone for your interest. I'll see you out there on the boards.
Jan 30, 2024 5:38 pm
Thanks for the opportunity, and best of luck with the game!
Jan 30, 2024 5:45 pm
Yes, thanks! If player attrition occurs, please keep me in consideration :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.