Recruitment: Best Friends (drama/romance) [CLOSED]

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedBest FriendsPrivate1 / dayThatTaoGuy
https://i.imgur.com/qdP9Ice.png

From the book:
Quote:
Best Friends is a game about girlfriends and all their petty hatreds.

It’s a game about being a girl. Yeah, everyone plays a girl. If you’re not down with that then this is probably not the game for you.

Still here? Great!

It’s a game about being Best Friends and all the little hatreds that Best Friends have for each other. Oh, I know. You’re gonna say that y’all get along just peachy. Well, that’s fine too. No one said any of this was true…

But, between you and me: it really is.

Anyway, these girlfriends try to do stuff together, while secretly hating each other. And getting little frissons of excitement out of getting one up on each other. It’s going to be fun.

Jan 25, 2024 4:30 pm
New players welcome!

The game system is called Best Friends, and it's very rules light. To the best of my knowledge, no one else has played this system before, either. It's pretty simple, but you should know right out of the gate that this is not a crunchy, combat system. This is a narrative game. Fights can happen, but the resolution is a single action and it likely won't be the focus of the game.

Here's what I expect to be included and things you need to know:

- Everyone plays a girl.
- There will be DRAMA, almost exclusively.
- There will probably be ROMANCE, both player to player, and player to NPC.
- There will be BACKSTABBING and BETRAYAL.

If you're not into any of those things, this probably isn't the game for you.

Touchstones for this system include: Mean Girls, Bridesmaids, Joy Ride, Girls Trip, The Descent, but it could just as easily be a story along the lines of Ghostbusters, The Goonies, or the initial four hobbits setting out in The Fellowship of the Ring.

The only defining factor of the game is that this is a group of girlfriends who all know each other very well.

Setting, Theme, and Tone will all be decided by group consensus. The game defaults to a contemporary, mundane setting. But we can add supernatural elements, or set in in a near or far future, a distant past, or an entirely fictional world. This will be up to the group to decide as we determine the kind of story we want to tell.

In theory you can see the game page here.
Last edited January 30, 2024 4:51 am
Jan 25, 2024 8:48 pm
Interested.

I hope that the individuals who join in I can vibe with.
Jan 25, 2024 11:18 pm
Thanks for your interest! I'll add you to the list of potential candidates and let you know, hopefully by Mon or Tues next week.
Jan 27, 2024 2:29 am
I would be interested.
Jan 27, 2024 9:55 am
Please join us! We are a fun gang. :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.