Ricardoi91 / Brewner

Feb 1, 2024 2:38 am
Welcome @Ricardoi91

This thread is for your character creation. Take a look at welcome and character creation.

If you have any questions you can post them here or if you think they are general on the Q&A
Feb 1, 2024 6:25 pm
My inicial idea for my character are these:

His name is Brewner of ??? and he is Human
Is from a clan of the Shatered Lands that was mostly destroyed in the Sahtering he is one of the few of his people that survived
Traits- Blacksmith, Strong and Resolute
Weapon proficiecy- Heavy
Magical item- A king from a chess set. He gives a helpful point of view when asked a question
Family Trade- Blacksmith
Belief – the only things that should guide me is bravery and honor

Thas this respect the lore of the setting and makes sense for the adventure that Im joining? i can change whatever you need.

If this is ok i will need a Clan name that makes sense with the rest of the world, i will then try to fill the character sheet
Feb 1, 2024 8:43 pm
Looks good

We have a player in there's game who may play the role of the king if that ok with you. He reads all the stories and helps out answering questions out of character (OOC)

Let me know if your have trouble with the sheet
Feb 1, 2024 11:23 pm
ok cool. I don't have a problem with a player being the King.

The only thing that is missing form my character is the Clan name that makes sense with the rest of the world, can you give me some guidelines or can i come up with anything?
Feb 1, 2024 11:31 pm
Hi! I'd love to help out with your chess piece!

With the other chess piece, the character (Ander) is played as a super-naive, super-eager knight wanna-be. So, in his case, I view his chess piece as just trying to be his common sense. The player liked that idea, so that's what we're doing now.

For your chess piece, the question is how do you want the relationship to work? We can do this any way you want, though the one thing I can't do is know the story. I am just a player, too, (I play Skeeve) so I really don't know anything more than you do. However, I can always give a different viewpoint and I know the system reasonably well, so I can give answers that feed into that. But my main question is what kind of dynamic are you looking for? Oh, and can the chess piece communicate without being asked something, or does it only respond to questions?

King

daryen

Feb 1, 2024 11:35 pm
King
The King says, "I am so glad to meet you!"

The image was one that was an option if the other player chose a King instead of a Knight. Does this work for you?
Last edited February 1, 2024 11:35 pm
Feb 2, 2024 1:21 pm
daryen says:
Hi! I'd love to help out with your chess piece!

With the other chess piece, the character (Ander) is played as a super-naive, super-eager knight wanna-be. So, in his case, I view his chess piece as just trying to be his common sense. The player liked that idea, so that's what we're doing now.

For your chess piece, the question is how do you want the relationship to work? We can do this any way you want, though the one thing I can't do is know the story. I am just a player, too, (I play Skeeve) so I really don't know anything more than you do. However, I can always give a different viewpoint and I know the system reasonably well, so I can give answers that feed into that. But my main question is what kind of dynamic are you looking for? Oh, and can the chess piece communicate without being asked something, or does it only respond to questions?
Hi, thanks for join in and help me out, hope that will become a fun experience.
My inicial toughts was that the chess piece is an ancester of Brewner a sorcerer that after a spell misscast was traped in the chess piece, make a character that is interesting for you to Roleplay is supose to be fun for you too, i belive is better that the relationship between the two develop naturaly "in game".
I dont know whath is your disponibility but i will prefer that the chess piece could talk to Brewner but only he can listen while the chess piece is in his possecion
Feb 2, 2024 2:35 pm
You can submit the character before you are done so I can look it over and help make adjustments.

When you are done with the character creation process, v divided it and posted to the who's who thread we can get you into a story 😁
Feb 2, 2024 2:54 pm
Ricardoi91 says:
Hi, thanks for join in and help me out, hope that will become a fun experience.
My inicial toughts was that the chess piece is an ancester of Brewner a sorcerer that after a spell misscast was traped in the chess piece, make a character that is interesting for you to Roleplay is supose to be fun for you too, i belive is better that the relationship between the two develop naturaly "in game".
I dont know whath is your disponibility but i will prefer that the chess piece could talk to Brewner but only he can listen while the chess piece is in his possecion
OK, that all works!

I will assume the chess piece is always in your possession unless you say otherwise. While only you can hear it, I still like to make the post publicly, as they are intended to be fun. It doesn't have to be, though; it's up to you.

I figure the sorcerer was older and, as you said, made a mistake that trapped him in the chess piece. I figure this was a long time ago and that this chess piece has been handed down at least twice before now. While the old sorcerer has had time to adjust to their situation, they are still grumpy about the whole thing.

I look forward to it! Thank you for letting me help out with this.
Feb 2, 2024 7:06 pm
I finished the character sheet and submitted
Feb 2, 2024 7:49 pm
Looks good
One thing is as a human you get 1 additional trait. You have blacksmith add your heritage and trade. Pick something else for your heritage trait

Then go ahead and pay to the who's who thread, see character creation, and I will get you going
Feb 3, 2024 1:41 am
Ok changed the heritage trait to Survivalist. And posted on the whos who thread
Feb 3, 2024 4:58 pm
A note on the Ancestral Spirit trapped within the chess piece.
No one has a full understanding of the Shattering and those alive who lived through it have trouble organizing memories of the times before and during the Shattering. I allow players to add story content and setting information, but will make corrections if it contradicts preset information they may or may not be aware of. With that said the figurine would likely have best recollections of his personal development though magic and his time as a figurine with his descendants. Perhaps passed around to the newest family members with an adventurous spirit to help guide them in their first steps...

I will work to get Brewners story set this weekend.
Feb 3, 2024 7:09 pm
Psybermagi says:
A note on the Ancestral Spirit trapped within the chess piece.
No one has a full understanding of the Shattering and those alive who lived through it have trouble organizing memories of the times before and during the Shattering. I allow players to add story content and setting information, but will make corrections if it contradicts preset information they may or may not be aware of. With that said the figurine would likely have best recollections of his personal development though magic and his time as a figurine with his descendants. Perhaps passed around to the newest family members with an adventurous spirit to help guide them in their first steps...

I will work to get Brewners story set this weekend.
Ok thanks
Feb 5, 2024 3:04 pm
Your story starts HERE
Feb 13, 2024 10:27 pm
Ok for my new level i am going to add a new trait, Charismatic
Feb 22, 2024 5:50 pm
I added the savage Warhammer to the character sheet, is it ok the way I did it?
Feb 22, 2024 5:58 pm
Looks good.
FYI a critical hit is only available to veterans so it will take a bit more time before you can utilize it's special effect.
Apr 22, 2024 1:01 pm
@Ricardoi91, let's talk over here on the side stuff about your character.

I can indeed see your character now.

If I remember correctly, you had a brief introductory adventure where you went cloud-hopping and fought a chaos-goat. That was your character, correct? If so, that is what took you from Rookie to Novice. Doing so most likely gave you another Trait. (You currently have the correct number of traits, so that has obviously happened.

It looks like you started with the group at the big ole goblin attack, so that whole scenario would move you to Veteran. At that point you get the Mastery. So, yes, you should have mastery in your weapon right now. Everyone else should have gained XP for that encounter, but we'll figure that out when you get back to the underground outpost. You'll be getting XP for this whole adventure to recover the crystal.
Apr 22, 2024 1:13 pm
I have taken the liberty to update your page with the links to your Rookie and Novice adventures.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.