Any newbies looking for a game of 5e?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 2, 2016 6:43 pm
I have an opening in my Lost in Faerun 5th edition D&D game. I'd prefer to give the spot to someone new to the boards, new to the game, or both. The game is heavy on character development, and will loosely follow the 5e starter set (Lost Mines of Phandelver).
Sep 2, 2016 8:17 pm
Hiya! I applied to your game just before seeing this but thought I should tell you a bit about myself. I'm not new to 5e really but totally new to play-by-post. I've only been a PC once or twice but I've DM'ed regularly for 6+ months (No one I know feels capable of DM'ing sadly!). I saw on the posting you are trying to make a well-rounded party and since I've not really played much I'm dying to try everything and anything out - especially in a game that will tie the world and the characters together. I know nothing about Faerun (apart from the paragraph on the WoTC website) so even if you don't think I'm a good fit for the party, would you mind telling me a bit about it? Cheers!
Sep 2, 2016 9:19 pm
You sound perfect! Come join the crew. You can read up on the characters that are already in play, and then you can choose whatever suits your fancy to round things out.
Sep 3, 2016 2:43 am
I've wanted to give 5th Ed. a try for a while now.
Sep 3, 2016 3:52 am
kalajel says:
I've wanted to give 5th Ed. a try for a while now.
You've never played? I have a spot open for you Kalajel, if you want it. A new chapter in my 5e game starts next week, and the cleric bailed.
Last edited September 3, 2016 3:53 am
Sep 3, 2016 4:36 am
Yeah. I sort of boycotted W0tC for the 4th edition (no, not what you think, different reason, to long to explain here). However I've heard a lot of good about 5th edition, but I still don't want to give WotC any of my money...
Sep 3, 2016 6:44 am
Most of the rules are available in the system reference document if you just want to check it out. It's enough play, but doesn't have all the options of the core books. The game itself feels like a more streamlined 3e IMHO. Come jump in ;)
Sep 4, 2016 10:43 pm
kalajel says:
Yeah. I sort of boycotted W0tC for the 4th edition (no, not what you think, different reason, to long to explain here). However I've heard a lot of good about 5th edition, but I still don't want to give WotC any of my money...
If you're interested, most of the info is online now. You could take over the prior cleric (we would just need to level it from 2 to 3), for a quick part of the adventure, or longer. No need for books at all. I've only ever bought the PHB, and likely will not buy anything else from the 5e family.
Sep 4, 2016 10:54 pm
Qralloq says:
If you're interested, most of the info is online now. You could take over the prior cleric (we would just need to level it from 2 to 3), for a quick part of the adventure, or longer. No need for books at all. I've only ever bought the PHB, and likely will not buy anything else from the 5e family.
That will do for now, but eventually, I'd rather buy the game... used, preferably, so as to not give my money to WotC...
As for the cleric, I'd rather make my own. I've had bad experiences playing someone else's cleric in the past, also, making my own character helps me learning more about the game.
Sep 5, 2016 2:00 am
I'm new, and interested! Still an opening?
Sep 5, 2016 7:20 am
Hey all,

I am brand new to the site. Like 15 minutes new as of writing this. Assuming 5e means DnD 5e, I am totally up to play. I've played DnD 5e once before, and I am stoked about trying this site out. I wanted to do a DnD 5e game first to get my feet wet since I am not a complete novice to it. I'd love to join this one if you'll have me.
Sep 5, 2016 9:55 am
My game's full, but if I have someone else drop out I'll PM you! In the meantime, take a look at the "Find Games" tool to see ones that are open. Welcome to the site!
Sep 5, 2016 9:49 pm
I'd love to get a PM! Please let me know!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.