[Closed] - Mothership New Player Game.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 15, 2024 9:18 pm
Mothershiphttps://i.imgur.com/xr1REBc.png
The Pitch: Aboard the exploration submersible the Rimor-9 exploring and surveying deep beneath the subglacial oceans of Jupiter's moon Europa. After a week at sea collecting samples and mapping the ocean below, the crew plans to return to Unity Station on the surface. It is on this return that things begin to go wrong. What's the worst that could happen alone in an alien sea billions of miles from Earth?

This will be a one-shot adventure. Mothership is a Sci-fi horror game and can be lethal so be prepared for the possibility of character death.

The Game System: Mothership version 1e.

The Themes: Being a Mothership game it will lean heavily into gore, body horror, and psychological trauma. If any of these things bother you, this game is not for you.

Posting Rate: I expect a posting rate minimum of three posts per week to keep the momentum going.

How to Apply: Leave a post here expressing why you are interested or contact me via PM.

Touchstones: Alien, Event Horizon, Silent Sea

Welcome marginalized groups : This game is explicitly friendly to LGBT and any other minorities or marginalized groups.
Last edited February 15, 2024 10:16 pm
Feb 16, 2024 12:57 am
Unfortunately I can't join another game right now. Mothership is one of the games I would love to play someday.

I'm just writing to call your attention that the title has "closed" as your game status. Is it already closed? That was fast. =)
Last edited February 16, 2024 12:59 am
Feb 16, 2024 1:02 am
Windy never intended to take any players, just to tease us with what could be
Feb 16, 2024 1:12 am
bowlofspinach says:
LOL.

Been wanting to try out Mothership, especially after reading the hell that Harrigan put players (bowlofspinach, KCC, Len, & Ciriaco) through in "Dead Planet." That was brutal, but really entertaining for us spectators. What happened to bowlofspinach's character... ::shudder::

I recently had a game get mothballed, so if this is truly open, I'd like to be among those considered for gameplay.
Feb 16, 2024 1:14 am
Oh, I didn't realize someone was reading along there. That's always neat.

And there are worse fates than becoming a vertical crocodile.
Feb 16, 2024 3:19 am
I think it was the way that your character got infected was the worst (ickiest) part.

Yeah, I have to say that the way all of you RP-ed your characters, interacting with one another, sharing your thoughts with the reader, it really made for a great read.
Feb 16, 2024 3:41 am
bowlofspinach says:
Oh, I didn't realize someone was reading along there. That's always neat.

And there are worse fates than becoming a vertical crocodile.
I was reading along too or rather read in blocks as I had time.
htech says:
Unfortunately I can't join another game right now. Mothership is one of the games I would love to play someday.
I got a response soon after I posted the interest. But I do plan to run another game after this one so stay tuned.
ForeverDED says:
bowlofspinach says:
LOL.

Been wanting to try out Mothership, especially after reading the hell that Harrigan put players (bowlofspinach, KCC, Len, & Ciriaco) through in "Dead Planet." That was brutal, but really entertaining for us spectators. What happened to bowlofspinach's character... ::shudder::

I recently had a game get mothballed, so if this is truly open, I'd like to be among those considered for gameplay.
😁😂 I will be running another after this one. I'll put you on the list!
Feb 16, 2024 4:40 am
This is on my list to try as well, maybe next time. Now I need to go back and read the Dead Planet game!
Feb 16, 2024 5:51 am
I would love to play in a Mothership game. I've played in a one shot online and enjoyed it. I've always planned to run one, but want to play a bit more before I commit.
Feb 16, 2024 6:48 am
Looks awesome, Windy, and it's great to see you running a game! I'll probably run another MS game this year -- doubt I'll be able to resist once my box set arrives...

(And gtg620q, if you're really interested the Dead Planet game is here. It's not terrible, mostly because of the great players in the game.)
Feb 16, 2024 2:17 pm
Harrigan says:
Looks awesome, Windy, and it's great to see you running a game! I'll probably run another MS game this year -- doubt I'll be able to resist once my box set arrives...
Count me IN. 😁
Feb 18, 2024 8:38 pm
Roger that, and good luck with your game! Fab system.
Feb 20, 2024 1:55 am
Harrigan says:

(And gtg620q, if you're really interested the Dead Planet game is here. It's not terrible, mostly because of the great players in the game.)
Thanks Harrigan!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.