[Closed] Aye, Dark Overlord!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedFate CondensedPublic4 / weekTheGenerator
https://i.imgur.com/L0aUNAb.jpeg
Something has gone terribly wrong! It was just a simple task. Get everything ready for the dark overlord's 1028th birthday party. But somehow you've managed to mess up again and now you're left with only a handful of days to get it all ready. Time to get off your lazy behind and GET TO WORK!

Feb 22, 2024 6:03 pm
Aye, Dark Overlord!
https://i.imgur.com/L0aUNAb.jpeg

Something has gone terribly wrong! It was just a simple task. Get everything ready for the dark overlord's 1028th birthday party. But somehow you've managed to mess up again and now you're left with only a handful of days to get it all ready. Time to get off your lazy behind and GET TO WORK!

General Info

This game will be played in the Fate Condensed system with a fantasy setting. Every player will be a minion of the dark overlord trying to execute the task(s) given to them in the hopes that they will not end up in the dreaded Pit of Damnation (or worse). To make sure that YOU are not the one to take the fall, you may have to rat out your fellow minions. I'm sure they'll understand.
https://i.imgur.com/KxC1DSa.png

Contrary to the pictures I'm using, the overall feel of the game will be lighthearted and a bit silly.

Post Frequency & Commitment

Frequency of posts will be 3-5 a week. This means every player is expected to make at least 1 post every 2 days. This is meant as a one-shot that I expect to take about 3 to 4 months.
If things go well and people are excited for more, we may do another.

What is Expected from The Players

This will be a collaborative story telling game. It will focus mostly on RP and not so much on Combat and Number Crunching.
Players are encouraged to actively add lore, creatures and items to the world throughout their quest.

Who can Apply?

Anyone is welcome! Doesn't matter if you're a veteran or completely new, as long as you can stick with the commitments above. This game is friendly to LGBT and any other minorities or marginalized groups.
I've already got 1 player lined up, so I'm looking for 2 to 4 more.

How to Apply

Just leave a comment here expressing your interest and include 1 thing that will be on the check-list for the overlord's party.
It's going to be first come, first served.

About Me

This is my first time GMing here on GP. I've played and GMd Fate Accelerated in the past, but never Fate Condensed. So, please bare with me as I figure things out still.

Questions?

Ask away in this thread, or feel free to private message me.
Last edited February 27, 2024 8:11 am
Feb 22, 2024 6:16 pm
a comment here expressing my interest

A question: when is it starting?

a comment here expressing your interest: ponies. Seasoned and ready to serve.
Feb 22, 2024 6:21 pm
An acknowledgement of said expression.

A somewhat vague answer: I'm hoping this weekend at the latest. Character creation anyway.
Feb 22, 2024 6:29 pm
<shuffling into view, bowing and scraping> Yes, your horribleness - this one is interested. <prostrates itself>
Feb 22, 2024 8:31 pm
Good to have you, Rangarig! :)
Got a thing for the birthday party checklist?
Feb 22, 2024 9:38 pm
I have never played this system. How does it work. I am pretty much a forever dm for 5e.
Feb 22, 2024 10:00 pm
It's very free-form and works on the fiction first principle. Imagine that you, your spells and your weapons don't have stats in D&D, but instead you have your list of skills (without +stats but with proficiencies/expertise). As long as you can describe your action to fit a certain skill, that skill applies.

If you want to hurt someone by using intimidation or unlock a door with deception, you can do that. as long as you've described your action in a convincing way.

If you're not sure, there are lots of videos about it on YouTube :)

Coming from D&D it's a bit of a mindset switch, but well worth it imo!
Feb 22, 2024 11:17 pm
I'm tossing my hat into the ring. The minions need to find replacement musicians, as the last batch encountered scheduling issues (in the form of all the musicians dying to dysentery during their world tour).

Question, what skills are you going to use for this game?
Feb 22, 2024 11:30 pm
Welcome aboard!
saevikas says:
Question, what skills are you going to use for this game?
I was planning on just using the basic ones for my first run. But I'm open to suggestions.
I didn't want to make it extra complicated for potential new players.
Feb 22, 2024 11:52 pm
Invite sent to CESN, Rangarig and Saevikas. I haven't invited Darpavien yes as I'm not sure they are interested.
Rangarig is the person I already had lined up, so can still take up to 2 more.
Feb 23, 2024 6:01 am
Love this, TheGenerator, and I always like seeing Fate run on GP. The premise reminds me I really need to run For the Dungeon at some point…
Feb 23, 2024 8:28 am
Thanks, Harrigan! 😁
I can see where you'd make that connection. I really like Fate as a very neutral system to fit any setting, so I'm hoping to try it out in different ways.
Feb 23, 2024 7:30 pm
Yeah, its good at certain things, but with a little tuning it can handle a wide variety of genres and settings.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.