Looking for players for my homebrew tabletop RPG.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

OpenRules light d20 systemPublic2 / dayDonutSnake
A combat light post apocalyptic game. Injury takes a very long time to heal, similar to real life. While designed as adventure rather than horror, the nature of the setting could affect it. In 2023, a group of anomalous and alien monsters (similar to SCP, but not themed around horror), attacked. Since then, what's left of humanity lives a massive mostly self sufficient apocalypse shelter, immune to their attacks. After about 6 years, everyone had adjusted to this new life. On the other hand, some resources, such as most metals, can't be produced in the shelter, requiring teams of people to scavenge or mine on the surface. Understandably, this is a dangerous job. It's also essential. You play as a group of harvesters on their first trip in the main world. There's a rather small pool of monsters, each with their own powers and weaknesses. You must rely on wits, mythic artefacts, and any advantages you have to complete your mission.

Feb 23, 2024 12:28 am
Most of the information can be found in my game post. Things I forgot to mention:

1. The player amount I set the post to was five, the highest I'll go is six, but four or five is expected.

2. The game, would likely be PG-13 or Teen, as it has combat and injury, but lacks graphic descriptions.

3. Bad rolls can affect the narrative, but not whether you live or die. poor decisions can though.
Feb 23, 2024 1:37 am
Do you mind linking your game post? I can’t seem to find it.
Thanks, and welcome!
Feb 23, 2024 7:03 am
If you edit the Game Details page of the game and put the number from this thread's URL (32263) into this slot here, below the character generation info, then the details and a link to the game will show up at the top of this thread.
https://i.imgur.com/X75l6dd.png
Feb 25, 2024 10:33 pm
I'm interested in the game idea, but I'm very much a newbie to pbp and ttrpgs, so I'd need some help. If you're ok with that I'd like to join.
Feb 26, 2024 2:07 am
Interested if there are still spots
Feb 26, 2024 4:59 pm
Hi Kingphantom! Hi Psybermagi! All slots are currently open. Do either of you have any initial questions? Kingphantom, being new to TRPGs isn't an issue. The game should run regardless of expirience level.
Feb 26, 2024 5:41 pm
What is known about the scp? Size, types, intelligence...
Do you have documentation on the system? (I am familiar with multiple D20 so just want the specifics)
Is there a reason all the game sheets are allowed?
Just need to look over the system to get familiar with mechanics and then figure how to do stuff in the setting. Survival challenge sounds fun. The game is currently private so send an invite and I will join.
Last edited February 26, 2024 6:34 pm
Feb 27, 2024 12:52 am
What system are we using for character creation?
Will our characters have backpacks, or will there be carts and vehicles for harvesting?
Feb 27, 2024 4:09 am
Q: Why are all game sheets allowed?
A: Some sort of glitch kept saying that I needed to add a system to post the campaign, and it couldn't detect that I set it to custom, so I just added everything as a workaround.
Q: Is there documentation?
A: I forgot to set one up, but it shouldn't take all that long.
Q: What sort of entities are there?
A: There's a very large amount of entities written and designed, but only five of those few dozen can enter the relatively safe zone. Most are area specific, but the five that can traverse almost the full game setting are the Seer, the Psychic, the Scholar, the Shifter, and the Furnace. None of the entities, referred to as "Figments" are willing to enter the last city.
Feb 27, 2024 4:37 am
All figments are immortal, healing fast, but not instantly. The Seer, Psychic, Scholar, Shifter, and Furnace all have human tier intelligence and can communicate. The Seer never talks more than the bare minimum, although they have concerningly high intelligence. The Furnace is about as intelligent and mature as a 8 year old. Each of them has their own weaknesses and strengths. The Seer can see and hear everywhere at once without issue, along with having higher speed than an airplane. They permanently know your location, including large distances and physical barriers. On the other hand, they sleep 20 hours a day, unable to detect much in that state. They also have the physical strength and durability of a wet paper towel.

The Psychic can control you directly if you look at them, and can confuse or weaken you if they can see you, but you can't see them. On the other hand, their eyesight and hearing is quite poor.

The Scholar can rewind time on an object up to 30 seconds, including living things and broken objects, effectively making them a high powered healer and immune to recently destroyed or locked doorways. They are also the only one who doesn't need rest. They are permanently wearing a hazmat suit. They are absolutely paranoid about "contamination" and will flip out and panic if their suit is damaged.

The Furnace is visually more of an android. They have powers over temperature, the solid/liquid/gas state of things, and have extreme durability and physical strength. On the other hand, they are terrified of fire and rather slow.

Lastly, there's the Shifter. They can shapeshift and change form on a whim, along with being pretty much immune to injury due to regenerating any damage in seconds. On the other hand, they have zero sense of stealth and are fairly reluctant and regretful about killing people. They are also fairly gullible.

Not part of the group, the Raven. The singular figment that isn't either hostile or volatile. They can teleport, enter and exit the last city at will, and are obsessed with anything reflective. They sell unnatural artefacts, taking chrome or mirrors as currency. They don't really care about anyone unless they have something to offer.
Feb 27, 2024 4:44 am
Q: What system is used for character creation?

A: A character's traits are simply their stats, proficiencies, status, and inventory, lacking classes or races. Your maximum health, unless modified by an artefact, is 20.

Q: how do you carry equipment?

A: You will most likely carry equipment through a backpack, your pockets, and other smaller containers. Vehicles can carry a lot of material, but can be risky due to their size and manuverability. Vehicles can be a massive help or not worthwhile depending on where you are searching. Vehicles consist of horses and oxen, cars, and sometimes bikes. Indoors, you will most likely go on foot with just a backpack.
Feb 27, 2024 4:44 am
That should cover all the questions. Let me know if I missed any.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.