[Closed] Lasers & Feelings

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedLasers & FeelingsPrivate3 / weekonceandfuture
You are the crew of the interstellar scout ship Raptor. Your mission is to explore uncharted regions of space, deal with aliens both friendly and deadly, and defend the Consortium worlds against space dangers. Captain Darcy has been overcome by the strange psychic entity known as Something Else, leaving you to fend for yourselves while he recovers in a medical pod.

This is Lasers & Feelings, a delightful one-sheet game of deep space adventure written by John Harper, the designer of Blades in the Dark. This will be a light-hearted oneshot using the D6-based system, and will serve as my introduction to running games in the pbp format.

The rule(s) are freely available at the link above, or you can pay-what-you-want over at Harper's itch.io page.

Everybody is super welcome. I am new to running games in pbp, so if this is your first game too we might be learning together, but I'm fine with that if you are. A couple of players have already expressed interest in the interest check thread, so they get first refusal, but otherwise it's first-come first-served.

Mar 3, 2024 6:21 am
What would people say to a quick game of Lasers & Feelings, by Blades in the Dark designer John Harper? It's a light-hearted and very simple one-pager, which is ideal for me since this would be the first time I've run a game in the pbp format.
Last edited April 3, 2024 7:09 am
Mar 3, 2024 9:41 am
Hi onceandfuture, I would be interested! Star Trek fan here:)
Mar 3, 2024 12:55 pm
I've always wanted to get this game to a table since I love it's design! Count me in!
Mar 3, 2024 6:04 pm
Fabulous game. Full up at the moment here, but good luck!
Mar 3, 2024 6:46 pm
What would be the posting frequency?
Mar 4, 2024 9:07 am
Thanks, all. I'll put up the game today, and drop an invite to those who have expressed interest [edit: done!]
tibbius says:
What would be the posting frequency?
It's going to be short and sweet, so I thought at least three times a week. That said, I'm more than happy to be guided by more experienced pbp players.
Last edited March 4, 2024 10:32 am
Mar 4, 2024 11:27 am
Good luck with that, @onceandfuture! I definitely found running a one-pager was a good way to get into PbPing here on GP. If I wasn't full I'd be very up for joining you on this one!
Mar 4, 2024 12:36 pm
Thanks, @BeardHare!
Mar 8, 2024 8:30 am
I will be closing applications for this game later on today, just in case anyone else would like to join before I do!
Mar 31, 2024 3:05 pm
Hi all. Due to a drop, we have space for another one or two players in this (very rules-light) game. Join the crew of the Raptor as they investigate strange and potentially hostile goings-on at the system's jumpgate...
Mar 31, 2024 6:28 pm
I noticed this when I finally started posting on GP last week. I ran an L&F hack a couple years ago, which was a lot of fun.

Do you just roll something like
Quote:
Reason: FEELINGS
Dice: d6, d6, d6
?

This is a one-shot/short-run, right? I don’t want to overload myself, but I think I can afford a short game. And I am contemplating whether to do an L&F hack for my own next game, so it would be cool to play in one!
Mar 31, 2024 6:58 pm
Legendary_Sidekick says:
Do you just roll something like
Quote:
Reason: FEELINGS
Dice: d6, d6, d6
?
Yes, pretty much!

It is indeed a short oneshot. You would be more than welcome to join if you fancy it.
Mar 31, 2024 7:01 pm
Yes, I would love to join… probably as a feelings-heavy alien or android, depending on the existing crew. Leaning alien since it’s easy to write in the alien suddenly being on board.
Mar 31, 2024 7:05 pm
Invite sent!
Apr 2, 2024 8:55 pm
If you're still looking for players, I'd love to join.
Apr 3, 2024 7:09 am
It would be great to have you, @natknight. Invite sent!

OK, closing up the game again now. Thanks all.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.