Adventurer Leauge play (Spoiler Free please)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 8, 2016 9:35 am
The Adventurer leauge play is how I got into playing DnD reguarly and really at all, so I'm wondering who else on this site plays at con's or stores or even online with Adventurer's leauge? What are peoples initial thoughts on the new adventure that was just released or will soon be released "Storm Kings Thunder"?
Sep 8, 2016 11:16 am
And that's a good reminder for me to look into Adventure League/Pathfinder Society for PbP.

I've done one session of Adventure League (I think). It was interesting, but not sure it's for me unless a local game store did it.
Sep 8, 2016 6:53 pm
I signed up to a local store's Adventurer's League about a month ago, and we're scheduled to meet once a week. I also found it interesting in that there are a number of restrictions for players to remember, and there's a lot more organization than I'm used to as far as documenting treasure and downtime. In addition I got the impression that even if I had a registered character, I may not actually be able to transfer them into other games if they're too high a level (someone else can confirm this, I'm sure).

I thought it was a neat idea to reward DMs for running AL games.

We had started with Curse of Strahd, but a few players met up with the DM earlier in the week to start Storm King's, so we're in a weird disconnected stream as we try to manage people that show up for games.

All in all, I kinda like Adventurer's League, but like anything it depends on the DM and the group you run with.
Sep 8, 2016 7:50 pm
Yah CancerMan, as I understand it, quests have level limits. So if your character doesn't fit that level requirement, you can't use that character in that game. As I've seen it, players who get into AL/PFS often have a few characters at different level ranges, to be able to play broadly.
Sep 8, 2016 7:54 pm
I'm also under the impression that new characters all start at level 1? Meaning that if I wanted a range of characters to play from, I can't just create a brand-new one at level 3?
Sep 8, 2016 8:12 pm
I think if you want to make your own character, it has to be level 1, but there are premades that are higher level. I don't know if they're openly usable; I used one at a con last year.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.