(Full, waiting list): D&D 5e, survival/adventure

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 13, 2024 7:03 pm
I'm looking for a group of adventurers for a game demanding creativity and out of the box thinking. Not your typical dungeon crawl! Highly challenging situations that will not rely primarily on your combat stats or ability checks. Part of the challenge is the unexpected situation, so I won't go into any more detail.

Set in a homebrew environment. D&D 5e ruleset, Player's Handbook plus Tasha's and Xanather's. All classes and player character species listed in that material are fine with me. No Unearthed Arcana or third party material. Bear in mind that your choices may cause (common sense type) limitations in game. Because the unexpected situation is important, no coordination of the party members with regards to class/characterization is allowed before the beginning of play. Your characters will get to know one another in game. You'll start at level 1. Backstories are expected and will have a direct effect on your game experience.

This will be a short term campaign. I will be doing milestone leveling. There is a specific goal, and when/if that goal is achieved then the adventure is over.

Looking for 4-6 players for this adventure. Any level of experience is okay. We will use DNDBeyond for character creation/maintenance. You can get a free account if you don't have one. If you are invited/accepted, you will gain access to any rule books I have on that platform, so if you don't have a set of your own don't worry. If you need help during character creation I'm available.

No bullying, disrespect, or prejudice of any kind will be allowed. Everyone, regardless of any personal characteristic or proclivity whatsoever, is welcome.

Heavy, frequent posting is expected. I post several times per day. If you're going on vacation or will be unavailable for a time, please be thoughtful and courteous and make that known so the rest of the players aren't waiting for you while you're out. The DM will manage character absences.

If interested, respond stating just that. Stating in the open what kind of character you want to play is the quickest way not to be invited. You're welcome to tell me via direct message if you like.

Are you up for it?
Last edited March 14, 2024 1:04 am
Mar 13, 2024 7:08 pm
I have some interest in this.
Mar 13, 2024 7:12 pm
I'm interested. My thoughts lie in a female criminal elven bard.
Mar 13, 2024 7:16 pm
I'm very interested
Mar 13, 2024 7:16 pm
Not showing interest, but reminding people who post they then DM said not to say what you want to play in this thread as they want to keep that a secret until the game starts
Mar 13, 2024 7:18 pm
thorsman99 says:

Stating in the open what kind of character you want to play is the quickest way not to be invited.
GeneCortess says:
I'm interested. My thoughts lie in a female criminal elven bard.
Oh, Gene, you crazy diamond, never change.

https://i.imgur.com/iuruZp2.jpeg
Mar 13, 2024 7:26 pm
I'm posting interest, just out of curiosity. I want to find out about the setting.
Mar 13, 2024 9:15 pm
Hello, I would be interested
Mar 13, 2024 10:05 pm
Totally interested m8!
Mar 14, 2024 1:02 am
I have sent six invitations. Khulod and WhiteDwarf, you are on my waiting list, if anyone bows out.
Mar 14, 2024 2:00 am
We've had a withdrawal, so Khulod has been invited. WhiteDwarf, you are next in line.
Mar 14, 2024 2:32 pm
If your D&DBeyond username doesn't correspond to your Gamersplane username, please let me know so I can associate you with your character. Thanks!
Mar 14, 2024 5:33 pm
Chefyamo=Basil
Basil=Chefyamo
Mar 14, 2024 11:33 pm
thorsman99 says:
I have sent six invitations. Khulod and WhiteDwarf, you are on my waiting list, if anyone bows out.
Cheers!
Mar 16, 2024 12:53 am
All, it's been pointed out to me that I neglected to say that character species/races from Monsters of the Multiverse were acceptable. My apologies, and if anyone wants to make a change before we get going I'm okay with it.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.