Daggerheart in PbP

Mar 14, 2024 5:04 am
So I am getting to reading the Daggerheart playtest material and I was wondering what people here have thought about the open initiative system for combat for the PbP format.

I could definitely see the advantage of the system allowing a more free form conversation between GM and players. However the lack of a structured initiative I could really see how slower posting players could end up feeling left out.

I am still trying to get to understand the flow of how the game plays but I am definitely intrigued.
Mar 14, 2024 1:21 pm
I am reading it as well. I think every player would have to go once before the rest get to act again. But it means everyone goes in the order they have time to post. But the fact that the GM can interrupt whenever with his fear points means that they can also post whenver they can. There's still a stop gap in that the GM gets to act after someone fails their roll anyway.
Mar 14, 2024 1:27 pm
I use something similar for my games. It is often referred to as turn based initiative. I prefer it for PbP as it let's the game move better in combat. Soon players try to metagame and wait on others but most just post as they can. As the GM I will add key updates as I have time. Things like foe 1 down, friendly fire damage, etc

You do not have permission to post in this thread.