Halloween Themed Savage Worlds One Shot

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 9, 2016 12:00 pm
I'm thinking of running one for October but starting now so people can actually create their own characters. I'm thinking either the Accursed Setting (You were once normal humans that were 'changed' into monsters by the Queens in an effort to conquer mankind) where PCs will all be monsters either embracing their monster side or driving towards redeeming their humanity or Rippers Resurrected (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and Van Hellsing Movie Vibes). I guess I could use Agents of Oblivion as well and just give you a horror 'weird' assignment but I figure the other two fall more into the theme for Halloween. Thoughts? Interest? Questions?
Sep 9, 2016 12:55 pm
Sounds awesome! I may be in too many games, but if this is running in Oct. maybe I can fit this in...
Sep 9, 2016 1:23 pm
Moofsalot says:
Sounds awesome! I may be in too many games, but if this is running in Oct. maybe I can fit this in...
Did you have a preference? Monsters or Monster Hunters I guess is what the two settings kinda boil down to.
Sep 9, 2016 1:46 pm
Hmmmm Monsters sounds fun.
Sep 9, 2016 3:03 pm
Hmm, I feel like I'm in a bit too many games right now, otherwise I'd volunteer. SW is a system I've heard a lot of good and have been curious to try out for a while now... So many games, so little time to play them all... XD
Sep 9, 2016 3:42 pm
One vote for Accursed.

@ Kalajel
There's a lot of settings for the system out there and there's always going to be something going on for one shots until I get enough people interested that would like a campaign.
Sep 9, 2016 4:43 pm
This sounds cool but I was in the last one shot. I'll sit this one out unless you need one more down the road. Just keep me on the back burner for now.
Sep 21, 2016 8:56 pm
*rattles the bones* with October quickly approaching it looks like I have one possible yes and two maybes. We'll be doing character creation so if you're unfamiliar with the system let me know and we'll see what we can do. I'll take up to six. Also everyone will be picking a monster type to play.
Last edited September 21, 2016 8:57 pm
Sep 28, 2016 1:38 pm
Double post to bump so it's not lost in the shuffle, It'll be an intro game to the setting and system but you don't really need to know anything about the system, just a want to try out the system or play a monster.
Sep 28, 2016 1:47 pm
Are you using anything beyond the Core Rules for Savage Worlds? I have the core rules, but I don't have anything else that is Savage Worlds.
Sep 28, 2016 2:27 pm
The setting has setting specific things that I'll let people know about, mostly depends on the kind of monster you're going to play. In truth people can play with the Test Drive free ruleset, or no knowledge and just ask questions. I have 1 'if they're free in Oct' and two maybes so there's room to check it out.
Sep 28, 2016 2:29 pm
I've never played a Savage Worlds game, but have Savage Rifts on my shortlist of things to pick up. I'd like to try out the system, so if you're cool with me stumbling around, I'm up for it. As far as setting/theme goes...I'm flexible.
Sep 28, 2016 3:16 pm
No worries I'll put an update next week.
Oct 9, 2016 8:10 pm
Bumping to see if people are still interested. If people don't want to go through character gen I don't mind getting a short idea of what you'd like to play and doing it for you.
Oct 9, 2016 11:59 pm
OK, I'm interested. I've read Savage Worlds and the setting of Accursed sounds like something I could get into.
Oct 10, 2016 12:50 am
Do we have a final theme idea? I'm guessing Accursed, since that was the only thing that received a positive vote. I'm still p for it.
Oct 10, 2016 1:27 pm
That's the one I got any feedback on.

Link to the game details
Oct 11, 2016 11:28 am
Im open to either setting if anyone else has strong opinions about it.

P.S. The threads are locked.
Oct 11, 2016 2:34 pm
Should be unlocked. I may be radio silent until Wednesday though.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.