IC- Dragonbane

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 22, 2024 11:47 pm
Ok I know there was interest in a Dragonbane game that due to reason ended up closing.

I have been thinking of running another game. I have a few ideas that might fit a dB game.

I am just checking on interest before putting time and energy into it.

I normally run more traditional type fantasy games.
Mar 22, 2024 11:51 pm
Also - I am considering having a co- gm. (Kind of a mentor thing)

They would help me with getting setting ready for play and I would share insight I have had from gaming over 40 years.
Mar 23, 2024 4:14 am
I've never played Dragonbane before, but certainly would like to try. Let me know if you're interested in having a Dragonbane novice in the group.
Mar 23, 2024 8:58 am
I am also interested to play my first Dragonbane game. Quickstarter I red intrigued.
Mar 23, 2024 6:25 pm
Novices are welcome. I am fairly new to it myself, there will be some house rules to make easier from pbp.
Mar 23, 2024 7:15 pm
Mark me as interested. I have played 2 scenarios (the quickstart one and the beginning of the campaign) as a player, and it is hands down one of the best fantasy RPG I have ever played!
Mar 24, 2024 9:52 am
@Kwll what you liked so much about the system? What have you played earlier? I’m backer and have rules and adventures, but I’m still not sold on it…. 1 action economy at fights especially bothers me. Isn’t it becoming boring back and forth?

Not that I’m thinking it’s bad system. I think it is good one, but for now I’m afraid that it is too simple and won’t stay interesting in longer term.
Mar 24, 2024 9:33 pm
Ok we have four and I usually keep my groups no more than 5.

I still have room for a co-gm if anyone wants to.

Otherwise I will start a group and discuss what direction we will take this.
Mar 24, 2024 9:48 pm
Invites going out please read post in other/ooc and respond.
Mar 24, 2024 10:03 pm
Actually Pedrop are you interested?

As for combat it is interesting as trading your action with others means you need to be careful. Combat even if an experienced fighter can be dangerous. You can be overwhelmed when fighting large groups, this means working together as a party is important in combat.To me it means trying to find other solutions than fighting is important.

That is important especially when fighting a monster not an npc as they never miss on there turn but act according to their action roll.

Now for pbp I use some house rules as it would slow down a lot if one has to wait for each character to go. I use a hold action choice instead of switching initiative and that anyone can go as long as it is before an enemy action but that is to speed up pbp battles.
Mar 25, 2024 3:39 pm
Pedrop says:
@Kwll what you liked so much about the system? What have you played earlier? I’m backer and have rules and adventures, but I’m still not sold on it…. 1 action economy at fights especially bothers me. Isn’t it becoming boring back and forth?

Not that I’m thinking it’s bad system. I think it is good one, but for now I’m afraid that it is too simple and won’t stay interesting in longer term.
Well, Viking already explained the gist of it concerning combat. I had the same reservations as you, since I am accustomed to BRP games, but we found out while playing that 1/ it was fast, a lot faster than other BRP games (except maybe Pendragon) and 2/ it promoted team play and alternatives to combat a lot more, which made the game very interesting.

Overall, I got caught up a little bit by enthusiasm: Dragonbane is maybe not the best fantasy game ever, but a big contender (for me) in the high fantasy, basic D&D like genre.

Join the game, and you will be able to form your own opinion! ;)
Mar 26, 2024 8:47 am
In fact I'm interested. But it depends on your speed - posting frequency? And what adventures are you planing to play ? As I have read (briefly) few of those from boxed set.

Also I don't play at weekends:)
Mar 27, 2024 3:25 am
Pedrop I sent you and invite. not posting on the weekends should not be a problem, just be aware that things may take place over them. I hope to have 5 posts per week per player. I know we all have real lives so I work accordingly. For example I am a newly promoted manager of my store. i have to work 6 or 7 days the next week. i will try to keep posting but since I do post from work at times, if I need a rulebook or adventure notes I may have to wait til I get home.
Mar 27, 2024 9:09 am
As in game thread: I would even prefer slower tempo, not faster:) I too am working almost all the time, so totally feel you:)
Apr 13, 2024 3:44 am
Saw you mention that you are likely full. If you have space I would be interested in joining!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.