[Closed] Kamigakari; God Hunters

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 26, 2024 8:09 pm
https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/019/772/388/e80fc99502511de40cc2150939b0b7ba_original.png?ixlib=rb-4.1.0&crop=faces&w=1552&h=873&fit=crop&v=1536579322&auto=format&frame=1&q=92&s=5c10e7c48ee3a190a0fec64cad481d84

The System
Kamigakari – A system about people who fight paranormal entities, inspired by supernatural folklore (particularly Japanese).

The system is mainly a 2D6 + stat system, with talents to give characters a wealth of options. The character creation is quite flexible, and the levelling system gives a range of customisation options.

It features a bond system to make character interactions more important, and a fate system to allow you to call upon bonds to gain, lose, or alter fate opportunities.

https://entropicdreams.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Kamigakari-English-Interview-Featured.jpg

The Pitch
Narrative

Wondering gods, wayward souls, and bureaucracy. If there are any three things that symbolise life as an Awakened under the OSI, those are the three. Life in Hisashiro had managed to avoid the first two for the most part, but that changed when a series of unfortunate events washed over the city.

They started with strange sounds and wondering lights in the night. Those more acquainted with what goes bump in the night might have considered it just another night parade, but those that weren’t made a spectacle. Urban legends sprawled, and the sleepy town finally gained a nightlife.

After that came disappearances. Not many at first but growing in number by the day. They were always students, and most of the time they were girls. Beyond that there didn’t seem to be any pattern to them. Not even when the evidence of attacks started.

With the attacks the legends developed. Words of a strange giant wolf, or the burning form of a red man were mixed in. Those were things the OSI couldn’t pass up, and soon they were involved.

That was where the exorcists came in.

Crunch

The game will be using an edited, for play by post, version of the Level 1 scenario: God Hunters present in the rulebook. The scenario involves a group of five attempting to track down and eliminate a wolf Mononoke that has been terrorizing the town of Hisashiro.

It’s got a good balance between combat and investigation and gives the players an opportunity to learn a lot of aspects of the system. It can be quite complicated at first, but once you’ve played it a little it becomes a lot clearer.

I’m happy to play with a group or as a 1-1 to help teach potential players about the system. I don’t have preference regards to this, so I guess I’d say it depends on responses!

https://pnpnews.de/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Kamikakari_God_Hunters.jpg

Posting Rate and Duration
Posting rate will be approximately 3 times a week. If I’m working on a 1-1, I’d aim for faster than that, but I’m assuming 3 times a week for a group. Hopefully, I’ll be able to be on every day, but real life doesn’t always make that possible. Hopefully my players will have the same kind of commitment and will let us know if they can’t keep up.

I’m not strict here. :)

Other notes and extra software
No prior experience required, I’m always happy to teach a new system. I don’t know of any extra software that could be used, and so none is required, but if you happen to know of any character creators or anything that would be useful going forward!

Looking forward to hunting gods with you all! :3
Last edited April 13, 2024 9:12 am
Mar 26, 2024 9:23 pm
Is this manga girls fighting monsters? I'd be up for that. But I don't know the system.
Mar 27, 2024 8:42 am
Not strictly girls, but roughly yeah.
Mar 27, 2024 8:49 am
Do i understand properly, this is a teenage girls theme i suppose? So not really serious vibe?
Mar 27, 2024 8:59 am
Well, again, it’s not strictly girls nor teenagers. I prefer games with potentially a mix of comedy and plot, so don’t expect too much either way. I’d prefer more plot and less comedy though, if that helps?
Mar 27, 2024 6:32 pm
Would Shrine Maiden be a possible class?

I would absolutely be down to play a Shrine Maiden.
Mar 27, 2024 8:04 pm
A shrine maiden isn't one of the classes, but its possible to make one using the classes that are very easily.
Mar 28, 2024 1:29 am
Tickettbror says:
Well, again, it’s not strictly girls nor teenagers. I prefer games with potentially a mix of comedy and plot, so don’t expect too much either way. I’d prefer more plot and less comedy though, if that helps?
Thanks! :)
Mar 29, 2024 8:40 am
Game / book looks fun. I am interested in playing.
Mar 29, 2024 12:05 pm
Thanks for the invite, but not sure i'm a good fit, so i will skip this time. Good luck with the game!
Last edited March 29, 2024 12:06 pm
Mar 29, 2024 2:39 pm
I would be interested in playing. I have the PDF but have yet to play. Thinking of a Nightstalker/Warrior (Ninja Theme). Like the pre-gen.
Mar 29, 2024 3:45 pm
I'd like to give it a go if you've got room. Posting rate is good for me. Never played the system, but should be able to pick it up.
Mar 30, 2024 11:58 pm
I'm interested in the premise here, but I don't have the book.
Mar 31, 2024 12:06 am
I would say that's no problem, but we currently have capacity for members. I can put you on the shortlist if you're interested?
Apr 1, 2024 3:17 pm
I'm OK to put in the queue. I know it's good to have a few players on the backburner.
Apr 13, 2024 3:31 am
This sounds really cool and fun! I'm not familiar with the system, but would love to join in if you have space!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.