[Interest Check] MacGuyval

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 29, 2024 3:24 pm
MacGyval: Use What You've Got,
Survive or Not!

I have a PDF of a pretty silly game called 'MacGyval'. As the name suggests, it's based on the TV show MacGyver, a man famous for creating intricate gadgets out of very basic items.
[ +- ] Urban Dictionary definition
The game is played by listing 10 household items (with a few restrictions) and using those items to overcome randomly selected obstacles in a randomly selected location. It's not a roleplaying game, but all about using your creativity to use your items in the most inventive (yet somewhat plausible) ways.

It looks like it might be fun to me. If there is enough interest for it, I'd like to give it a shot.
Anyone interested?
Last edited March 29, 2024 3:24 pm
Mar 29, 2024 4:00 pm
I'm always happy to flex my creativity! And odd household objects that I have. >:P Is it a cooperative game, or competitive? Do we brainstorm as a team?
Mar 29, 2024 6:17 pm
There are different modes to play in. Competitive or cooperative. We can discuss what we feel is best. I quite like the idea of everyone having to conquer the same obstacle with different items. I'm open to talk about it though :)

In the competitive mode, after an amount of rounds, at the end of the game, points are given based on a few criteria like number of items used, most used item, unused items, ...
Mar 29, 2024 8:51 pm
I usually prefer cooperative, but I think I'd be up to try both here since it does sound fun! Time to sharpen the spoons and prepare the pillows.
Apr 1, 2024 11:50 am
I'll wait a few more days to see if anyone else is interested. If it's just the 2 of us, I think I'd rather put it on hold and try again some other time :)
Apr 1, 2024 12:21 pm
Makes sense! If that's how the cookie crumbles, do ping me again when you try it next time. :D

You do not have permission to post in this thread.