Call of Cthulhu Newbies One shot. Dead Boarder.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 2, 2024 1:44 am
Dead Boarder
The scenario takes place on Sunday, June 21st, 1931 in Providence, Rhode Island in Ma Shanks’ Boarding House. The boarding house is a three-story building, positioned at the edge of Federal Hill, near to the Italian neighborhood.
Prohibition is still in force, with the sale of alcohol illegal. The effects of the Depression are kicking in and everyone is hard pressed trying to make ends meet.
I am looking for five players new to Call of Cthulhu 7ed.

This is ostensibly a learning game to introduce you to the system. We will go through character creation together.

You do not need to own or have read any of the gamebooks, I will provide all you need.

I am anticipating daily posting. If you cannot commit to posting at least once per day, you might want to sit this one out.

Express interest below.
Apr 2, 2024 2:27 am
Hello, I am interested in joining your game. I would love to learn how to play call of cthulhu
Apr 2, 2024 3:01 am
I'm interested in joining. I haven't played Call of Cthulhu yet, bit I'm a motivated player and a quick learner. I can commit to daily posting as well
Apr 2, 2024 3:42 am
Hello! I have watched a few actual plays, and have the books. But I have never had the honor of playing. I'd love to be considered.
Apr 2, 2024 4:33 am
I’m interested! I’ve also never played Cthulhu, but the setting sounds cool and I can post every day.
Apr 2, 2024 4:34 am
Hello, I'd be interested in joining your game. I've played a little Call of Cthulhu but it's been a long time and would love to get back into it.
Apr 2, 2024 4:36 am
Hello! I found your ad through pbp on Reddit. I have always wanted to learn CoC but have never had the oppurtunity. I am new to playing on Gamersplane but not new to TTRPGs or PbP in general. I can commit to posting daily.
Apr 2, 2024 4:49 am
I just finished playing in one of Knife's intro CoC games. It was well done and great fun. Enjoy!
Apr 2, 2024 8:34 am
Wow! What a response. Thanks everyone, I'll be sending out invites later today. I wanted to stick at 5, but we can push to six as you are all so keen!

In the meantime, if you are new to Gamersplane, check out the site and get to know how it works. Lots of good threads for new members

New member guide

Meet the awesome community here in Introductions
Apr 2, 2024 10:26 am
If there is still room to join I would be very interested.
I saw your post in r/callofcthulhu
Apr 2, 2024 10:27 am
Thanks Braedan, I'll put you on the backup list
Apr 2, 2024 10:41 am
Invites sent to the first 6.

You can access the game here:
Apr 3, 2024 1:44 am
Just putting a plug in here - I've been (or am) a part of 5 Call of Cthulhu games run by Knifesedgegames since joining GamersPlane and he's an absolutely wonderful Keeper. Those who join this game (or one of his future games) are in for a real treat! Have fun :)
Apr 3, 2024 3:09 am
Awww, thanks Cinder. This one filled in three hours! Definitely a record for me.
Last edited April 3, 2024 3:13 am
Apr 4, 2024 4:14 am
That's really quick! And full of new sacrifices GamersPlaners as well, it seems. It should be a great introduction to the site for you all! :D
Apr 4, 2024 7:16 am
braedan51 says:
If there is still room to join I would be very interested.
I saw your post in r/callofcthulhu
We had a spot come available if you’re interested ,@braedan51

Check your messages
Last edited April 4, 2024 7:16 am
Apr 5, 2024 12:29 am
New around here but if there are any openings or people need to back out I'm happy to fill in.
Apr 5, 2024 12:49 am
Sure, I’ll put you on the list
Apr 13, 2024 3:23 am
If you have space I would like to join some time.
Apr 13, 2024 8:39 am
Hi, we're well underway now, so best I don't bring in a new character. Keep an eye on the tavern as I start CoC Newbie games every month or two.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.