[closed] Delta Green: Deniable Assets

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedDelta GreenPrivate3 / weekeeyolhlneuetqw
The PCs are all indoctrinated members of Delta Green, but not government agency members. They can get freaky favors, but in limited amount. As they are not official agents, and are not officially part of the government, they are all disposable and deniable assets.

However, the team's handler, known as Gorgon, takes care of them. A member is only disposed of and denied if they become a liability. As long as they are assets, they are important. Each PC knows this, but has also seen what happens to those who become a liability.

This is a Cthulhu game, and there will be horror all around. It will include body horror, psychological horror, mental instability, abuse, and existential horror. With all that, we are going to use lines and veils, but if you're very sensitive, this game is not for you.

I'm going to roll all research, *INT, and perception checks, if you do that it won't count. You'll get only narrative information, not mechanical.

Apr 3, 2024 7:56 pm
Hello Gamers,

I'm looking for four Delta Green players for a game I've wanted to run for a while. My real-life group fell apart (not to mention they're probably not a good match for a non-power-fantasy, mental, investigative game), so here I am, at a pbp site :)

The first opera is going to take place in a relatively confined environment: the abandoned Detroit Packard Automotive Plant. The extense and the map of the site is going to be fictional, because story first, but I'd like to set the mood by putting the game in a mostly failed industrial settlement.

Murder-hobos are in for a bad experience, attacking and killing people / things won't generally get you closer to a satisfying solution. Talk, think, search, manipulate, cooperate, and cover up your tracks -- this is the working MO.
Last edited April 6, 2024 7:47 pm
Apr 3, 2024 8:21 pm
Welcome to GP, ee... eeyol...

(Are we sure you're not a Great Old One with that name?)

I'll put my hand up for this - I love DG and I'll be moving one of my games here/starting a new one here in the not too distant future.

Quick character concept: A researcher with the Smithsonian Institution, and expert in anthropodermal bibliopegy (books bound in human skin).
Apr 3, 2024 8:42 pm
I have always wanted to try Delta Green but I don't know the rules. I know the concept and have the book, though. If you have a slot for a newbie, I would love to try this out.
Apr 3, 2024 9:20 pm
I am certainly interested, but don't have any experience with the system. Not sure how noob friendly you intended the game to be, and I know helping people cut their teeth can be a unique challenge so if you're looking for experienced players? No harm no foul.
Apr 3, 2024 11:02 pm
I, too, have heard good things about Delta Green, but have never played - and would be interested.
Apr 3, 2024 11:47 pm
Hey, all, welcome to the thread.
Quote:
Are we sure you're not a Great Old One with that name?
We aren't. I can be one, looking for sacrificial victims this way.

Noobs are welcome, pbp isn't about racing speed, as I understand it, there will be ample time to explain and learn everything. The system is not really difficult, just there are a lot of stuff you can spend points on. Once you have a mechanically ready character, you'll easily get going.

The game's contemporary, just come up with with a short concept like Dirigible (I like the concept there), and I'll invite you to the game where we can put together the characters and the team.

The free starter book is enough to play, although the Agents' Handbook provides many more options.
Apr 4, 2024 12:51 am
I'm thinking of a middle-aged, crotchety FBI agent. He survived a horrific encounter as a young agent, and after that got out of field work. He hid in a desk job for years while he slowly let his life fall apart. But recently he stumbled into another incident, and he figures he doesn't have much to lose anymore. So, sure. He'll join.
Last edited April 4, 2024 12:52 am
Apr 4, 2024 2:24 am
I'm afraid, yes :)

But you don't have to base it on a goverment agent, Gorgon is willing to use anyone competent in some useful fields, so any kind of character is possible.Criminal, hippie, lawyer, parkour, soccer referee, video game designer, bike mechanic, scuba diving trainer, whatever.
Apr 4, 2024 2:01 pm
Hmm... former personal security for a wealthy philanthropist who mucked around in the occult? A little too much mucking and not enough firepower left him unemployed, but with a unique knowledge that there's more out there?

The added benefit being, curiosity is often passed on. The philanthropist ended up lighting a spark in his security, who now wants to know more about what happened to his boss and just what's out there.
Last edited April 4, 2024 2:03 pm
Apr 4, 2024 3:30 pm
I am thinking about making a forensic analyst who got a PhD in Toxicology and then tried to get a forensic analyst post but got rejected. Then he got a job at a pharmacological drug development company but Delta Green saw a nice opportunity to recruit him so they invited him in.
Apr 5, 2024 7:08 pm
I like playing a Cthulhu game, since my last (IRL) game was nuked. I am thinking of an Engineer, on the edge of nuclear fission tech. Can I use other occupations from the CoC rulebook?
Apr 6, 2024 6:49 pm
Well, it's my fault I didn't set the game to Closed when the four players gathered.

I'll consider it as a sign from the Universe to accept one more player.
Last edited April 6, 2024 7:46 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.