Twilight Imperium Embers of the Imperium

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 3, 2024 11:30 pm
Hello! I'm new in these parts, but a friend from RPG Geek suggested I check this place out. My local groups are not interested in picking this system up. I'm eager to play or even DM a game but I'll admit I might be jumping the gun since I'm new here.

What are everyone's thoughts? It uses the same system as the Starwars RPG which is convenient for the dice roller here ha ha. There is also a new source book for this system coming out this month that has a new adventure to try.

Figured I would ask and see what happens. Hope to hear everyone's thoughts about it.
Apr 3, 2024 11:36 pm
Love the system, don't know much about this setting though.
Apr 4, 2024 12:49 am
So Twilight Imperium (TI) was FFG's flagship game that made the company. It is now at a 4th edition and it's a space opera 4x game. The universe is diverse and well fleshed out. Ton's of different alien races to choose from and there are countless ways it can go. The new book that is coming out is focusing on the Mahact Gene Sorcerers who are the big bad that were thought to have been killed off around 3 thousand years ago.

I don't want to type a novel here but the short gist is there was a Galactic Empire of the Lazax who were wiped out and plunged the galaxy into a 1000 years of twilight. The great races of the galaxy retreated to their home systems and after all that time are now starting to explore and reach out again to the greater galaxy which will lead to deal making, politicking and conflicts.

I've been playing TI for years but now I want to dip my toes into the RPG side of it and it's a fun universe to explore.
Last edited April 4, 2024 2:15 am
Apr 4, 2024 11:44 am
I have played TI once and evening (and the night really) some years ago. It was cool. Would love to play in the setting even though I only know the very basics of it. I do know the system, though I haven't played it since Genesys was brand new. I do have the book though, just never got around to reading it.
Apr 4, 2024 6:13 pm
I love the Genesys RPG (which is the generic system based off of the FFG SWRPG) that this setting uses, and have been interested in seeing what FFG/Edge did with Embers, so I'd love to play if you start up a game!
Last edited April 4, 2024 6:14 pm
Apr 4, 2024 6:38 pm
Hi DreadMango - I think it was me - the guy from RPG Geek:) Welcome to the best community in the world :)

As I wrote you: I'm in great Star Wars 🌌 Starting From the Bottom game - GMed by Crazybirdman himself:) Recently we had another recruit (as I'm quite new to the game myself), but it seems that he/she ghosted us. @crazybirdman are we still recruiting ?

As for TI - I'm interested in the setting, but so far I don't have any idea about it. What is good enough for me: that it is space opera and NOT Star Wars:) I would certainly like to play in the coming, published adventure module - but it all depends on how many games I will have at the moment we would be starting.
Apr 4, 2024 8:24 pm
You are indeed! I appreciate the notice on that and finding out this cool place. I'd love to start a game but I better join a couple on here first to get a feel of how things work out here. I'm the greenhorn in these places lol.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.