[D&D 5e] Neverwinter Security Agency

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

OpenDungeons & Dragons 5thPublic5 / weekKoldikSteelskin
Neverwinter Security Agency
https://ffviir.gamerescape.com/w/images/7/7a/Salvation_Badge.png
The Appointment isn't something to take lightly, in fact if more people knew about it chances are it would become something of a competition to get in. But you're here now in the Neverwinter Security Agency of as the common folk know it, the Neverwinter Skalds Authority.
In and of itself the job doesn't feel prestigious, but it can't be worse than how Volo felt after his guide to monsters was taken off the streets for 'Giving to much Information to the common folk.' Your work is valuable just like Volo's books and though it may not seem it if you look at the building you're based out of it pays well too.

And as of yet you haven't really had to do any serious work.
Though it seems that amy change.

Rats At It Again
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAAE_ewLg5NwJPe2rIBkrKMo5_PLUG_BNO-z4bm_GFqg&s

The dead rat gang is at it again, "this is the second time this week that the Dead Rats have taken our earnings" said one Eve Whitbull Sobbing "I'll have to close if this sort of thing keeps up." Says Captain Hagg, owner of the Beached Leviathan, "My Sahuagin fighting days are behind me, and my crew."

The Dead rats have taken away the heart of the city, everything that makes Neverwinter, Neverwinter "I'm worried they'll start taking my tulips next." Said a concerned citizen. And what is Lord Neveremver doing about it as far as we can tell nothing. And the people living outside the Protectors Enclave seem to think it will stay that way

We Will start the adventure with a short section of Flashbacks/Prelude that happens when the Volcanic Chasm opened up so think about what happened then did you loose anyone? Did you almost die? How old would you have been? How did you take the experience?

Apr 24, 2024 4:49 pm
🕰️ 12:30
It's been years since the volcano tore a Chasm in the... The Chasm district, and Neverwinter is finally regaining the feeling of stability that it's people long for, no worries about whether or not the delivery boy will show up or if he's been attacked by the monsters pouring out of that hole.

It'd be great to say that your Agency was a part of that but even if it was you couldn't talk about it anyway only your cover story you are a part of the Neverwinter Skalds Authority, and you each work a rather menial job there, a guild nobody bothers to visit next to the Chasm, it's a good thing that's not your actual job isn't it?

Instead you sit around a table wasting time playing cards, waiting for the special kind of operation that will require a team of your Caliber, apparently Waterdeep has secret agent level crisis all the time, but then again you know about them so they can't be very good secret agents.

If nothing else it pays well. And playing cards isn't that bad...

🕰️ 12:31
Lord Neveremver decided it's time for an assignment. It doesn't feel quite secret agent level but anyone can admit the dead rat gang is a problem especially now that they're openly stealing from anyone and everyone who has money.
Game Duration and Post Frequency: I'm still not great at estimating how long a game will last but my goal is a post every two days minimum, and Ideally more often, and I would hope to finish within the year.

Discord: I will have a discord for the game where most OOC talk will likely take place and serves as a way to get notifications when there are new posts in the game.

Combat: I don't really like using battlemaps, I will if necessary, but I'll never put in the effort to keep everyone's location updated on a map during a battle I'd rather have a picture of the map and a short little list of where everyone is, plus I hear OTFBM isn't working with Imgur right now.

Character Creation
[ +- ] How to Apply
3rd Level.

Character Options: Anything on DnD beyond, it's the forgotten realms.that's sorta the point.

Ability Scores: Point Buy (There's a Chicken Calculator or Something?)

Equipment: I'm not picky if you think you're character should have it then they can have it.

Background: You're all from Neverwinter, or around the area, and were there on the day of the volcanos explosion.
- Who do you know in Neverwinter? Family? Friends?
- What did you do before the NSA?
Last edited April 24, 2024 6:35 pm
Apr 24, 2024 4:59 pm
TimeStamp: 12:58 EST.

Interested in playing. Sounds like a good concept.
Apr 24, 2024 5:43 pm
Absolutely interested in jumping in.
Apr 24, 2024 6:53 pm
Timestamp: 2:53 PM EDT

Hello! I'm interested in such a game. Curious to meet H3? Well.. one of em at least!
Apr 24, 2024 7:01 pm
Timestamp 14:01 CDT

Forgot my timestamp.
Apr 24, 2024 7:03 pm
Gearspark says:
Hello! I'm interested in such a game. Curious to meet H3? Well.. one of em at least!
Certainly Curious about a H3 member, after all I read much of H1, Played H2, but I've only heard about H3.
Apr 24, 2024 7:15 pm
KoldikSteelskin says:
Gearspark says:
Certainly Curious about a H3 member, after all I read much of H1, Played H2, but I've only heard about H3.
We are sorta venturing into H3.5 now. Likely braving horrors to come for the eventual H4. I'm the crazy one that wanted a tattoo. It still itches..
Apr 24, 2024 9:11 pm
Timestamp? Timestamp.
2:11 pm // 1411, PDT
Apr 24, 2024 9:19 pm
I'm interested.

*Passes you a card.*
[ +- ] The Card
Apr 25, 2024 6:38 am
Its 08:37 (AM for the heathens) and my primary question is what is this Volcanic Chasm thing?
Apr 25, 2024 9:49 am
In the FR lore, Mount Hotenow (the nearby volcano that perpetually heats the river flowing through the city) violently erupted, destroying much of Neverwinter, killing thousands, and leaving in its wake a great, gaping chasm that split the city. (source: SCAG)

Of course, your game lore might be different.

https://i.imgur.com/Q3oIrcI.jpeg
Apr 25, 2024 10:22 am
With the game starting at lvl 3 and expected to run a year, I’m curious if you have an estimate on what level you’re thinking of for the endgame?
Apr 25, 2024 10:32 am
grifter730 says:
With the game starting at lvl 3 and expected to run a year, I’m curious if you have an estimate on what level you’re thinking of for the endgame?
I don't like to wait too, too long to level up characters, I'd say around level 10
Apr 25, 2024 10:39 am
Adam says:
In the FR lore, Mount Hotenow (the nearby volcano that perpetually heats the river flowing through the city) violently erupted, destroying much of Neverwinter, killing thousands, and leaving in its wake a great, gaping chasm that split the city. (source: SCAG)
https://i.imgur.com/Q3oIrcI.jpeg
Indeed... I believe I saw somewhere that the Chasm, was fixed/covered over, but the Important bits are that after the Chasm was torn open the people of Neverwinter we're plagued with monsters, of the elemental and undead variety until the Chasm was fixed and as a result the people built a wall closing off the Chasm district and abandoning it to the monsters, it remains still mostly abandoned today.

Source: (What I pieced together from the 4e book SCAG and FR Wiki)
Apr 25, 2024 11:52 am
Really hard to pass up a chance to play with someone from H2, so I’ll throw my hat in as well.

Time stamp: 11:52 PM.
Apr 25, 2024 3:24 pm
I'm assuming that all the H references are regarding @Adam Hellrider games. What number was I in? The first one?

By the way, congratulations on the round number Adam
https://i.imgur.com/1Vzio5I.png
Apr 25, 2024 5:10 pm
Ha! Fancy you noticing that (although now I've just made it 18,001)!

Yes. As shorthand we hellrider veterans refer to the different parties as h1, h2, and h3. You were in h1, and your many character deaths and eventual TPK are the cautionary tale that keeps hellions awake at night.
Apr 25, 2024 5:36 pm
Even if I represent a H1 player, I have set myself some hard rules that prevent me from joining KoldikSteelskin game here
Apr 25, 2024 5:58 pm
12:54 CDT
I have no idea what any of the H1-H3 things are talking about or who "Adam Hellrider" is, so hopefully that's not a requirement. I'll throw my hat in the ring for this game as well.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.