Personal Avatar not updating -FIXED

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 1, 2024 5:41 pm
Hi,
I put in a personal avatar, then realized I should probably crop it further, did so and uploaded the further cropped image. However I still see my original avatar next to all my posts, BUT on the settings page I see the updated avatar.

So there is some cookie cache going on that doesn't refresh properly. If when looking at this post you can see my avatar's waist then that is the first uncropped version, but if you can't that is the correct one. Either way I see the uncropped version.
Last edited May 2, 2024 8:30 pm
May 1, 2024 5:49 pm
Sometimes that happens when the image size is too large. Try reducing it. I forget what the limit is, though.
May 1, 2024 6:27 pm
Windyridge says:
Sometimes that happens when the image size is too large. Try reducing it. I forget what the limit is, though.
Thanks, changing from .png to a still smaller .png didn't do it, but saving as a .jpeg did it. Though it's strange that it accepted the original .png which was even larger than when I had cropped it!

But now this looks better I think. Thanks for the help.

As an aside it says you have to be 150x150 or more and less than 1meg but even half a meg didn't really do the trick till I jpg'd it.
May 1, 2024 6:45 pm
Most of the time it is just a caching issue and you just need to delete your cached images for the new version to show.
May 2, 2024 6:17 am
I have also have had problems if the new image is called the same as the existing image. I mentioned this to the dev team some time ago.

Try renaming it just in case.
May 2, 2024 1:11 pm
runekyndig says:
I have also have had problems if the new image is called the same as the existing image. I mentioned this to the dev team some time ago.

Try renaming it just in case.
Indeed. I think I had the same issue once. Changing the filename should work.
May 4, 2024 10:33 am
I been struggling a lot with that before. Would be great to improve the error handling for the users.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.