[OOC]

May 3, 2024 11:48 am
Welcome everyone! Looking forward to playing with all of you. Please take some time to browse through the rules and ask me stuff before we start. Not everyone knows each other here, so a brief introduction is in order. I would especially like to know if you have any expectations of thie game. No rush, let's give everyone some time to get here, it being weekend and all.

We'll talk about lines and veils in a bit as well.

Finally, here's the link to my gaming Discord if you'd like a more convenient chat platform.
May 3, 2024 5:23 pm
Hi all! Looking forward to play. It's a genre I love. I played the game once briefly, but I need to read up again.

I don't really have lines, veils or discord.
May 4, 2024 12:46 pm
Since Furmyr mentioned it in the chargen thread, I'll drop a small note here to say one of the mutations is corpse-eater. Bear that in mind when we get a chance to talk about lines and veils. I'll open by saying the setting is necessarily grimdark in a whole bunch of ways, so it's up to us to navigate what we are and aren't prepared to play.
May 4, 2024 12:49 pm
I have no problem keeping it more in the background or rerolling if anyone has a problem with it.
May 4, 2024 3:24 pm
I don't have any lines or veils. It's all just make-believe. I've been in some games most of y'all wouldn't believe. Lol
May 4, 2024 10:54 pm
I'm ready to hear about the Arc and our dear zone.

Jack is one of those foolish people besides stalker that have been out in the zone. She is the explorer type person seeking all the goodies and such that can be found. Zone is a gold mine waiting to be mined by Jack.
Last edited May 4, 2024 11:02 pm
May 19, 2024 1:18 am
It's looking like we're roughly good to go! I'll use individual threads for the different PCs to give us a bit of session zero to establish character and posting preferences, before bringing you together in one thread once an ark project starts and the main plot begins.

Thanks for chiming in on lines and veils. Remember it's always okay to speak out here or Discord, or message me directly, if you feel we're heading in a direction that compromises the consent of an online-gaming group.
May 25, 2024 2:22 pm
Aaaand we've started! Please read the common thread first, On the Brink, then continue to your individual thread for more specific prompts. Feel free to respond to anything you picked up in the main thread or in the individual thread, or in your PC/NPC relationships. I've also used some of your likes/hates/dreams to start you off.
May 27, 2024 3:52 pm
Discussing up a storm over at ark creation, happy to hear various thoughts on this. I know some of us don't have or use Discord, because I do enjoy a robust chat on an chat-friendlier platform to and fro about how games ought to be run, and how we think of rulings.

I see everyone's first posts, will start my engine to reply!
May 30, 2024 9:58 am
Sorry folks, had a little health scare so I needed to pop into hospital two days ago. All good and discharged, nothing to worry too much about. I even managed some posts while lying there, but couldn't get to my GM notes at home.

Am back, just thought to explain the delay. New posts incoming!
May 30, 2024 10:25 am
Glad it wasn't too serious! Take care though. Admitted for two days means it wasn't just nothing, so... y'know. Be vigilant.
May 30, 2024 10:55 am
Thanks for the concern MaJunior. Yeah a couple of classic scary symptoms all happening at the same time, so I thought it best to get it checked out. They ran all the necessary tests and gave me a clean bill, whew. Will have to monitor for the next couple of weeks.
May 30, 2024 2:38 pm
Good thing it ended well.
Jun 2, 2024 3:14 pm
It did, and this weekend was a very welcome one to catch my breath, and catch up on my posts!
Jun 3, 2024 10:25 am
I'm very glad and happy that it ended this way to you Bedzonell! My IRL close friend is now in similar situation, hoping it will go the same way for him. Good you are now sure that everything is ok!
Jun 4, 2024 2:42 pm
Hope your friend is doing okay Pedrop!
Jun 4, 2024 2:44 pm
Am adding a list of NPCs, and also jotting down the locations on the Ark as they appear. Will reformat them to look better, hope to find some portraits and images for them, but for now it just needs to be a handy reference, as we're likely to have more and more people and places.
Jun 17, 2024 2:18 am
I'm back! And I am sorry!!

The past two weeks were an absolute cluster... I had double shifts with no cellphone signal, my "other mom" had multiple strokes and hospitalizations, pet euthenasia, almost had to shoot someone at 5am last Sunday, my mom's birthday, and a highschool graduation.

I'm hoping this week goes back to normal. I'm burned out on excitement.
Jun 17, 2024 4:22 am
My bad too for posting on discord but not here that I had to nip into hospital last week for observation, following up from my tests. Happy to say it's a clean bill of health!

Clacle was away for a few days, Gene had to pop out a couple of days too, Furmyr is back, so is MaJunior. Let me update some posts!

Sending some care your way MaJunior, that's a rough two weeks.
Jun 17, 2024 2:11 pm
Thanks. Glad to hear you are well, too! Personally, I'm ready for boring again. Just wake up, go to work, come home, enjoy my evenings... rinse and repeat.

At least my kid can only graduate highschool once, and my mom's birthday is good for over 360 days. Small favors. Lol
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.