Character and Ark Creation

May 3, 2024 11:54 am
We use this thread to track everyone character generation options. I haven't made a custom character sheet, so if someone wants to have a go at it, I'd be grateful, but if not that's okay too.

Once we're done with that, MY0 also has an ark creation step where everyone gets to contribute to the vision of where your characters live. We'll get to that.
May 3, 2024 1:30 pm
There was one in the repository (courtesy of Knighthawke) if no one wants to build one.
[ +- ] Free League - Mutant Year Zero
May 3, 2024 1:35 pm
Yep, thanks for pulling it out MaJunior!
May 3, 2024 2:42 pm
Looking over the core rules now. Don't have a strong concept yet, and pretty open regarding role. I'll let someone else pick first so I narrow the field down.
May 3, 2024 3:10 pm
I'm rather up in the air at the moment, but hope to land soon.
May 3, 2024 5:01 pm
I had a character that was used for one mission before the game wrapped. I was wondering about making sure he's got nothing extra and asking if I can run him. I was pretty psyched to try him out, and barely got to.

That said... he was a Stalker with the "Human Magnet" mutation.

If our GM will let me use him, I would just need to do the basics like bullets, rations, and bonds. If not... I'll probably roll my mutation first and see what fits.
Last edited May 3, 2024 5:03 pm
May 3, 2024 5:25 pm
Hi all. I need to refresh my memory on the rules a bit. I don't have a fixed idea for a character yet. It will depend a lot on the mutation I guess. Mutations define for a part who you are, what problems and opportunities you have.
Last edited May 3, 2024 5:27 pm
May 3, 2024 7:00 pm
I had plans to use 'free league mutant year zero roleplaying at the end of days' book for making my PC. What I read says roll 66 table for Mutations and not picked. So, I will flip some dice. Well, that is 63 and gets me a reroll. LOL. Woot double 3's.

Puppeteer: By sheer force of will, you can make control of other humanoid creatures and turn them into your puppets. You can:

* Decide what the victim's next action is. Cost 1 MP. You need to look the victim in the eyes, which is only possible at up to Near range. The victim rolls for the action normally. If you want him to use a mutation, you must spend the extra MP yourself. If you force the victim to hurt himself, he suffers weapon damage plus one for every MP spent.

I will go for the decrease of one of my attributes by a step and get a roll for a second mutation. Hmm 51.

Tracker: Your sense of smell is extremely well developed. You can:

* Follow the tail of a person or monster - like a bloodhound. Costs 1MP per day.
* Sense an enemy Sneaking up on you. Every MP you use knocks out one rolled by him. Costs 1 MP.
* Smell grab out of the Zone. Costs 1 MP and gives you D6 rations of Rot-contaminated grub.

Well, that is interesting.
Last edited May 3, 2024 7:52 pm

Rolls

Roll of 66. - (2d6)

(63) = 9

reroll - (2d6)

(33) = 6

Second Mutation - (2d6)

(51) = 6

May 3, 2024 10:29 pm
I am going to copy Gene and roll for two mutations at the cost of 1 attribute point as well. From there I will build my character.

Let's see...

36 pyrokinesis.
55 reroll
16 four armed

Hmmm 4 armed pyrokinetic... let's work with that.

Four armed
You have four arms rather than two. You can:
- Fight twice in a row, in the same turn. The
extra attack costs you 1 MP and your maneu￾ver for the turn. (E)
- Defend yourself against several close combat
attacks in the same turn. Every defense after
the first one costs you 1 MP. (E)
- Climb with ease. You can spend 1 MP instead
of rolling to Move when performing a difficult
climb

Pyro
You have the ability to set things on fire with pure
force of will. You can:
- Set fire to a flammable, inanimate object.
Costs 1 MP.
- Make a living being burst into flame, at up to
Near range. Inflicts one point of damage per
MP spent. Armor has no effect.
- Melt ice or heat a cold area, eliminating the
effects of severe cold (page 93) for one hour.
Costs 1 MP.
Last edited May 3, 2024 10:33 pm

Rolls

Mutation 1 - (2d6)

(36) = 9

Mutation 2 - (2d6)

(55) = 10

Mutation 2 reroll - (2d6)

(16) = 7

May 3, 2024 11:30 pm
Like you ClaCle, I think knowing your mutations helps decide who you are. Kinda like a first step. Aren't that right four arms!
Last edited May 3, 2024 11:31 pm
May 4, 2024 1:09 am
Sure thing MaJunior! If it's a straight up new character and you haven't modded them in any further way I'd be happy for you to use them.

GeneCortess and ClaCle, yep, mutations are the only thing you roll for in character creation, so it makes perfect sense if you want to see what you get before you make up a character.
May 4, 2024 1:25 am
Awesome! Thank you. Roll for consumables and I'll be good to go.

Edit: 1 bullet. Shit. Lol
Last edited May 4, 2024 1:31 am

Rolls

Bullets - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Grub - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Water - (2d6)

(36) = 9

May 4, 2024 3:13 am
Jack

https://i.imgur.com/YqYIG68.png

Gear for a gearhead: 2d6 bullets, d6 rations of grub, d6 rations of water, 1 artifact.

6 Bullets, 3 Grubs, 1 Water, and Perfume Bottle

Perfume Bottle: A small thick glass bottle with a clear liquid inside. When you press the button on top, a small spray of liquid comes out. I have never smelled anything this good before.

I'm RICH.

GM: Character is applied so you can see it as it grows.
Last edited May 4, 2024 3:44 am

Rolls

gear - (2d6, 1d6, 1d6, 3d6)

2d6 : (51) = 6

1d6 : (3) = 3

1d6 : (1) = 1

3d6 : (463) = 13

May 4, 2024 10:08 am
Well, let's see what mutation I get as well and go from there.

Edit: Corpse-Eater. Yuck :P

I will go with it, unless someone has a problem with cannibalism (I know some have).

I'm thinking either Dog Handler or Slave with that mutation.
Last edited May 4, 2024 10:11 am

Rolls

Mutation - (2d6)

(13) = 4

May 4, 2024 11:15 am
Hands cannable a salt shaker.

Party is coming along.
May 4, 2024 12:11 pm
Jack has mutated eyes that looks strange and why she wears goggles all the time. It is said that if you stare too long into them that you lose yourself. She is often seen chew on something. Might be a piece of leather as it lasts. She treasures her Stevie Nicks shirt. She doesn't smell but surely isn't a clean person. Just grins at you. She wears a rather heavy leather jacket/raincoat most all the time. She is rather lean like many people and wiry.

Jack has mastered the art of turning scavenged stuff into new, working contraptions. They're not pretty. But they work. Most of the time. And the people have learned to value her craft. She is also known to have an extremely fine sense of smell. So good she can track people.

Warning: She does have a set of brass knuckles.

Role: Gearhead
[ +- ] Eyes
Last edited May 4, 2024 12:31 pm
May 4, 2024 12:41 pm
d6 bullets, d6 Rations of grub and d6 rations of water.

Edit: Rolled one dice too many.
Last edited May 4, 2024 12:42 pm

Rolls

Resources - (1d6, 1d6, 1d6, 1d6)

1d6 : (4) = 4

1d6 : (6) = 6

May 4, 2024 3:08 pm
I have been thinking about my role. Being a 4-armed pyromancer, I am thinking gearhead. Tinkering inventions is super easy. Hold the components in two hands, your screwdriver in the third, the screw in your fourth and weld it with your mind.

Getting the character set up better soon. Although art might be hard to find.
Last edited May 4, 2024 3:09 pm
May 4, 2024 3:08 pm
Relationship to NPC's. Hated. Here is one for starters. The stalker Kara who left me in the zone.
* There is a long running feud between Jack and Kara. Jack says she left her for dead in the zone. If it wasn't for her own skills she would never have gotten back. Kara says she looked, and Jack had wandered off like she shouldn't have. Known fact that both were eyeball Martin who now will not give either of them the time of day. (Can you say Cat Fight)

Protect. * The Boss Johammed who pays well for jury-rigs.
* The boss has always kept Jack in high regard. He also spends a bit extra for what she does. Jack adores the boss and really takes anything said bad about him rather poorly. (Warning: She does have a set of brass knuckles.)
Last edited May 4, 2024 3:21 pm
May 4, 2024 3:17 pm
So... looking like two Gearheads? Interesting...
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.