Subclass prompts

May 30, 2024 2:41 am
Here is a place to talk specifically about subclass prompts

As a start, here is my "Gandalf like" wizard subclass which actually seems sort of fun

https://g.co/gemini/share/596c75370a86
May 30, 2024 6:50 pm
Here is a stalker of the woods Druid, https://g.co/gemini/share/5195c81c2618 says it’s circle of the moon based
Last edited May 30, 2024 6:51 pm
May 31, 2024 1:14 am
Arrcher101 says:
Here is a stalker of the woods Druid, https://g.co/gemini/share/5195c81c2618 says it’s circle of the moon based
At 6th level you have a permanent hunters mark when wildshaped?
May 31, 2024 1:27 am
I belive that's "Hunter's Strike" not "Hunter's Mark".

Hunter's Strike: Your next attack this turn deals an extra 1d6 damage of a type appropriate to your Wild Shape form (piercing for a beast with claws or teeth, slashing for a beast with claws or beak, bludgeoning for a beast with a thick hide).
May 31, 2024 2:00 pm
Which is basically a Hunters Mark/favoredFoe increase on your attacks.
May 31, 2024 2:32 pm
You have to use a bonus action to do it, so if you had a concentration spell up like flaming sphere you wouldn't be able to use it that turn. If we felt it wad op we could give it a # of uses (maybe wis mod) per long rest?
May 31, 2024 2:35 pm
valdattaMadun says:
Which is basically a Hunters Mark/favoredFoe increase on your attacks.
My bad, I was thinking more about the advantage on Perception and survival checks against the mark...I'd forgotten about the additional damage.

I have a character in another game who is a Ranger Primal Guardian that gets +1d6 damage on first attack every turn by way of the Piercing Thorns ability from that subclass.
Quote:
At 3rd level, your command of primal magic allows you to enhance your attacks with thorns. Once during each of your turns, you can deal an additional 1d6 piercing damage to one creature you hit with a weapon attack.
Granted, it is from Unearthed Arcana, but there may be other subclasses with something similar?
May 31, 2024 5:31 pm
I think the adding 1dx to an attack each turn is a pretty basic Ranger ability sometimes with additional affects and what not.

and honestly I don't think we should care too much about "OP"ness if AI seems to spit it out,
May 31, 2024 5:37 pm
valdattaMadun says:
and honestly I don't think we should care too much about "OP"ness if AI seems to spit it out,
Agreed

Last edited May 31, 2024 6:03 pm
May 31, 2024 5:59 pm
Will AI be used to generate NPCs and thier stats? Or will you match up existing characters and creatures?
May 31, 2024 6:19 pm
I think using the AI to generate NPC's would make sense. Creatures, might be a blend based on what the encounter/campaign prompt comes out as.
May 31, 2024 6:22 pm
And are we doing 2 PCs each or just one? In the game description page it says 2 so i just wanted to check.
May 31, 2024 6:31 pm
I put it where you can enter 2 PC's I figure if you select a "main" and a backup in case death/dismemberment/it seemed whacky enough but turned out to be too whacky.

This way if a change is needed it wouldn't be too hard to just go "imma go with my backup" we have a lot of chaos potentially so less chaos on something like that makes sense to me
May 31, 2024 6:33 pm
Sounds good
May 31, 2024 7:18 pm
First prompt, class based on dragon age Morrigan..., features above lvl 10 first try only went to lvl 10..., sub class Keeper of the Gloom..., race Wildborn..., traits and background together....

So you don’t always have to go through the links everything is in this note.

Note

The Wild Weaver (Custom Class)

The Wild Weaver draws power from the natural world and ancient pacts, blending elements of a druid, warlock, and shapeshifter. They possess a keen understanding of the wilderness, command potent elemental magic, and can transform into ferocious beasts.

Hit Dice: d8
Armor: Light armor
Weapons: Simple weapons, daggers, clubs, staves
Tools: Herbalism kit, thieves' tools (one chosen)
Saving Throws: Intelligence, Wisdom
Skills: Choose four from Acrobatics, Arcana, Deception, History, Insight, Intimidation, Investigation, Nature, Perception, Religion, Stealth

Wild Weaver Features

Primal Connection (Level 1): You gain proficiency in the Nature and Arcana skills. You can also speak Sylvan, the language of plants and many fey creatures.

Form of the Wild (Level 1): You have learned to tap into the primal essence of beasts. As an action, you can transform into a beast that has a challenge rating of no higher than 1/4, while you remain in that form. Your statistics in beast form are the same as the beast's, except you retain your Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores. You retain your alignment and personality. You can stay in beast form for 1 hour (as a bonus action you can revert earlier). You can use this feature twice per long rest. When you reach 3rd level, the challenge rating of beasts you can transform into increases to 1/2. At 5th level, it becomes 1, and at 7th level, it becomes 2.

Warden's Intuition (Level 2): You can cast the Speak with Animals spell once with this feature, and you regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. Additionally, when you track a creature that has left tracks within the past 24 hours, you can roll a Wisdom (Survival) check with advantage.

Elemental Fury (Level 3): You learn the Druidcraft cantrip. You can also cast the Burning Hands spell once with this feature, and you regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. As you gain levels in this class, you can cast Burning Hands using higher spell slots. (Spell slot level = character level / 3, rounded down.)

Pact Boon (Level 3): You choose one of the following boons granted by your connection to nature:

Whispers of the Wild: As an action, you can expend a spell slot to gain advantage on a Wisdom (Perception) check that relies on sight or hearing. For the duration of this benefit (lasting 1 minute per spell slot level expended), you can also speak and understand the languages of beasts that are within 30 feet of you.
Shapechanger's Agility: While you are in a beast form gained with Form of the Wild, you can use your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier for your attack rolls and for Strength (Athletics) or Strength (Acrobatics) checks.
Ritual Mastery: You gain the ability to cast certain spells as rituals. Choose two 1st-level spells that appear on the druid spell list. You can cast those spells as rituals if their casting time is 1 minute or longer. You ritualistically cast a spell by following its normal casting time, but there are no somatic or verbal components and the spell doesn't require material components (unless the cost is a single spell component that you have in hand). You gain access to two additional spells of your choice to cast as rituals at level 9 (2nd level spells) and 17th level (3rd level spells).
Elemental Focus (Level 6): You can choose to deal an extra 1d6 fire damage with a spell that deals fire damage, or an extra 1d6 cold damage with a spell that deals cold damage. You can use this feature once per turn.

Wild Shape Adaptation (Level 7): While in a beast form gained with Form of the Wild, you can use a bonus action to sprout claws or fangs if the beast you're transformed into doesn't already have them. These natural weapons have a +X to hit and deal 1d4 + X slashing or piercing damage (your choice), where X is your Wisdom modifier. This bonus action can only be used once per turn while in wild shape.

Feral Might (Level 10): When you hit a creature with a weapon attack in your normal form (not wild shape), you can expend a spell slot to deal extra necrotic damage to the target equal to 2d6 for a 1st-level spell slot, plus 1d6 for each spell level higher than 1st.

LVLs 10-20

Wild Weaver Features (Continued)

Primeval Transformation (Level 18): Your mastery over shapeshifting has reached a new peak. When you use your Form of the Wild feature, you can now choose to transform into a beast that has a challenge rating of no higher than your proficiency bonus. Additionally, while in a beast form gained with Form of the Wild, you can maintain the form indefinitely until you dismiss it as a bonus action. You regain all expended uses of Form of the Wild when you finish a long rest.

Archdruid's Wrath (Level 20): As a bonus action, you can unleash the primal rage within you. For 1 minute, you gain the following benefits:

You gain resistance to all non-magical damage.
When a creature within 10 feet of you hits you with an attack roll, you can use your reaction to force the creature to make a Strength saving throw against a DC equal to 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier. On a failed save, the creature takes force damage equal to half your Wild Shape damage die (rounded down), and it is pushed 10 feet away from you.
Once per turn, when you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can choose to expend a spell slot to deal extra force damage to the target equal to 5d8 for a 1st-level spell slot, plus 2d8 for each spell level higher than 1st.
This feature ends early if you are incapacitated or if your concentration is broken (as if concentrating on a spell). Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.

Subclass

Wild Weaver Subclass: Keeper of the Gloom (Level 3)

The Keeper of the Gloom delves deeper into the primal shadows, harnessing the power of darkness and transformation to become a master of stealth and manipulation.

Shadow Weaver (Level 3):

You gain proficiency in the Deception skill if you are not already proficient.
You can cast the Darkness spell once with this feature, and you regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. As you gain levels in this class, you can cast Darkness using higher spell slots. (Spell slot level = character level / 3, rounded down.)
Shadow Form (Level 3):

As a bonus action, you can shroud yourself in shadowy energy, becoming invisible for up to 1 minute. During this time, you have darkvision out to 60 feet, and your walking speed is increased by 10 feet. When you attack or cast a spell, or when the duration ends, the invisibility ends. You can use this feature twice per long rest. At 11th level, the duration increases to 10 minutes, and you can use this feature three times per long rest.

Master of Deception (Level 6):

You can cast the Pass without Trace spell once with this feature, and you regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. Additionally, whenever you hit a creature with an attack roll while invisible, you can use your reaction to force the creature to make a Wisdom saving throw against a DC equal to 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier. On a failed save, the creature is frightened of you until the end of your next turn.

Gloom Infusion (Level 10):

Once per turn, when you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can choose to inflict an additional 1d6 necrotic damage. Additionally, whenever a creature within 10 feet of you fails a saving throw against a spell you cast, you regain a spell slot of 2nd level or lower (no higher than the spell used to trigger this effect).

Shape of Dread (Level 14):

While in a beast form gained with Form of the Wild, you can choose to transform into a monstrous shadow beast with a challenge rating of no higher than your proficiency bonus - 2. This shadow beast has darkvision 120 feet, resistance to non-magical bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage, and the ability to cast the Darkness spell at will. You can use this feature once per long rest.

Race

Wildborn: Children of the Weave

The Wildborn are a race of humanoids inextricably linked to the primal forces of nature. They possess an innate understanding of the wild magic that flows through the world, making them natural fits for the Wild Weaver class.

Ability Score Increase: Your Dexterity score increases by 2, and your Wisdom score increases by 1.

Age: Wildborn mature at roughly the same rate as humans, reaching adulthood around 20 and living up to 100 years.

Size: Wildborn are about the same size and build as humans. Your size is Medium.

Speed: Your base walking speed is 35 feet.

Natural Weaver: You have proficiency in the Nature skill. You can cast the Druidcraft cantrip without needing any material components. You can cast this cantrip as a bonus action.

Wild Sense: Beginning at 3rd level, you have advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight, smell, or hearing while you are in your natural surroundings.

Resilience of the Wild: Starting at 5th level, you have resistance to damage from nonmagical bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing weapons.

Wild Shape: Starting at 7th level, you can use an action to transform into a beast that has a challenge rating of no higher than 1/2. You remain in beast form for 1 hour, until you drop to 0 hit points, or until you use an action to revert to your normal form. When you revert to your normal form, you can't assume a wild shape again for 1 hour. You can use this feature twice per long rest. You can choose any beast form that you have seen or heard of before (no summoning required). While you are transformed, your gaming statistics are replaced by the beast's statistics, but you retain your Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores. You also retain your alignment and personality.

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Sylvan. Sylvan is the language of the fey, a secret tongue that allows you to communicate with many kinds of woodland creatures

Traits and Background

Keeper of the Gloom Traits

Shadow Affinity: You have a natural connection to the shadowy aspects of the Weave. You gain the following benefits:

Dim Light Vision: You can see in dim light conditions as if they were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Shadow Resistance: You have resistance to necrotic damage.
Gloom Consumption: As a bonus action, you can reach out with your shadow and absorb a dim light source within 10 feet of you, extinguishing it and granting yourself a temporary boost. Choose one of the following effects, which lasts until the end of your next turn:

Shadow Strike: Your next weapon attack this turn has advantage and deals an extra 1d6 necrotic damage on a hit.
Shrouded Form: You gain a +2 bonus to your AC until the end of your next turn.
Weaving Darkness: Starting at 11th level, you can expend a spell slot as a bonus action to create a 10-foot-radius sphere of magical darkness centered on a point you choose within 60 feet of you. This darkness lasts for 1 minute or until you dismiss it as a bonus action. The darkness spreads around corners and blinds any creature that enters it or starts its turn there. A creature with darkvision can see through the darkness normally within the sphere.

Keeper of the Gloom Background

Harbinger of Gloom:

Your connection to the Weave manifests in a unique way – an affinity for shadows and the secrets they hold. Perhaps you were born during a rare eclipse, raised in a shadowed forest, or touched by some unknown entity of the gloom. This has led you down a path of studying the hidden aspects of magic, particularly those associated with darkness and transformation.

Personality Traits:

You have a quiet and introspective nature, preferring solitude to large gatherings.
You are fascinated by the mysteries of the night and the secrets hidden in darkness.
You have a strong sense of justice, but your methods can be unconventional and shrouded in shadow.

Ideals:

Balance: The light and dark are two sides of the same coin, and maintaining balance is crucial. (Neutral)
Hidden Knowledge: The secrets of the shadows hold power, but they must be used responsibly. (Neutral)
Redemption: Even the darkest heart can find redemption, but the path may be shrouded in darkness. (Good)
Bonds:

You are bound to protect a village or loved one from a hidden threat lurking in the shadows.
You seek to uncover a lost artifact or forgotten knowledge related to the shadowy aspects of the Weave.
You are haunted by a past mistake committed in the pursuit of power or knowledge.

Flaws:

You are distrustful of others, believing they do not understand the true power of darkness.
You are tempted to use your shadow magic for personal gain, even if the consequences are dire.
You have a morbid fascination with death and the secrets it holds.
This background provides a starting point for your Keeper of the Gloom Wild Weaver. Feel free to customize it further to fit your character's unique story and motivations.

Jun 1, 2024 1:16 am
Okay, my 1st attempt at refinement. (I may stick with this portal master idea, unless I watch another TV show that inspires me to create something else, lol. But I seem to be gravitating towards charaters that prioritize one gimmick.) I already like this one better, except for the Battle Master abilities

Prompt II

Using D&D 5e rules, create a new subclass for the fighter class that uses portals to attack enemies and escape from threats. Create class abilities at level 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 that use the power of small portals. Character should not be a caster nor use magic or spell slots. At higher levels, the characters powers should increase from portals to be able to teleport.
[ +- ] subclass
Jun 1, 2024 1:24 am
The huge thing that seems to be missing, unless I'm missing something, is wording that states where the other end of the portal leads to??

You step through to where?
Jun 1, 2024 1:34 am
which part are you referring to? I guess when I read the '10 feet' near the beggining, I just locked that in my brain for all the rest of the portal abilities.
I guess I can add a range limit to the prompt next time I try it.
Jun 1, 2024 1:37 am
So the portal simply let's you move 10'?

I'm thinking portal opens next to you the other end opens some distance away from you. When you look in one end you can see out the other, then pick a spot 10' or less from the mouth of the portal on the other end.

But the subclass doesn't determine the distance between where the portal starts and where it finishes.

60', 300', 10 miles?, another plane of existence?
Last edited June 1, 2024 1:40 am
Jun 1, 2024 1:41 am
One thing to consider on classes and subclasses is levels where things happen.

Making a class? Add to the pronpt ASIs happen at lvl 4, 8 etc

But mostly everything I think would work
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.