Two Character Fusion

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 24, 2024 10:01 pm
WARNING: EXTREME NERDINESS!

Alright, so my IRL gaming group got off on a pretty lengthy tangent a bit back, and I figured... why not post the topic that derailed like a half night of rolling dice, just to get feedback from more people? GP may turn it into a lengthy discussion... or it may get ignored. Won't know till we try, eh?

Without further ado, the question in, er... question.

If you could pick ANY TWO (2) fictional characters to merge their powers, that you would then have... who would you pick?!
[ +- ] My first answer...
[ +- ] My revised answer...
Last edited June 24, 2024 10:02 pm
Jun 24, 2024 10:08 pm
McMurphy from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Andy Dufrense from the Shawshank Redemption. That way we could have the hijinks without the poor sod being lobotomised at the end.
Last edited June 24, 2024 10:09 pm
Jun 24, 2024 10:11 pm
Frodo and a superhero that can teleport, so he can destroy the one ring without me losing twelve freakin' hours of my life.
Jun 24, 2024 10:31 pm
@Adam 🤣🤣

You do realize you are getting the powers of the combined characters, right?
Jun 24, 2024 10:34 pm
haha, this definitely depends on if I wanted to be a hero or a villain. I love the invisible/intangible combo, but I think a Robin Hood-esque character is the best you're going to be.

A hero with teleportation and almost anything else could do so much to make the world a better place. Depending on how the teleport power worked.
Jun 24, 2024 10:44 pm
MaJunior says:
@Adam 🤣🤣

You do realize you are getting the powers of the combined characters, right?
Oh, okay. The old guy from Up had a nice life, I want that and the child's power from the Sixth Sense so I can carry on chatting to my late wife without the building a flying house and kidnapping cub scouts bit.
Jun 24, 2024 10:55 pm
crazybirdman says:
haha, this definitely depends on if I wanted to be a hero or a villain. I love the invisible/intangible combo, but I think a Robin Hood-esque character is the best you're going to be.

A hero with teleportation and almost anything else could do so much to make the world a better place. Depending on how the teleport power worked.
If I was going with teleportation, I think I'd want Minato's power set. Unlike most forms of teleportation, there is no chance of being "off" upon arrival. That said, you do have to put a lot of work into prepping the entire world with marks to teleport to. (Unfortunately, not great for helping others. You'd need teleportation more like the character Gateway (from X-Men comics) for that.)
Jun 24, 2024 11:06 pm
Are we excluding characters which can do anything? Because that would be an obvious answer. You know, all the omnipotent beings which can create universes and change matter at will. Why settle for one power if you can have all of them!

Excluding that, I'm a firm believer that any character which can manipulate time is universally overpowered. Whether they can stop it, loop it, slow it, they mechanically have infinity at their fingertips (or whichever limbs they have), and with infinite time one can achieve nearly everything, provided their organism can handle it. And in fiction it usually can.

For specific characters, I guess that would be Dr. Strange from Marvel, Quicksilver from X-Men (sort of), and all the time loop stories protagonists who can actually exit the loop. I can't really think of more concrete examples which aren't kinda obscure.

(As a honorable mention, time lords from Doctor Who. Not exactly time manipulation, but almost-immortality with slightly lessened mental strain. I'd still prefer full-on time pausing though.)

As for what to merge it with: manipulation of organic cells. You can heal with it, which both negates the strain on your own body while being in the time limbo and allows you to help others, you can grow things with it (plants, more plants), you can even give yourself new biologically-based powers. And with your infinite time, you can actually learn how to do it, and pause time if something goes wrong. Time and abilities for infinite biological experimentation! (Yeah, what can go wrong, right?)

...And for a less min-maxing view, I guess I'd love plant powers combined with underwater breathing. That'd be nice. Of course, teleportation would also be an absolute must... I'm sure some fiction has teleporting druids, so them, just also makes them amphibian. :D
Last edited June 24, 2024 11:07 pm
Jun 24, 2024 11:08 pm
Mystique (or any shapeshifter really) because I'm trans and just being able to shift my body to a desired form without years of work is just too appealling.
Maybe paired with something like Mantis from guardians of the galaxy, calming down my neurodiverse family when they're in panic mode and a bit of telempathy to better judge those around me?
Jun 25, 2024 12:39 am
While shape shifting is high on my list I will go with Hordak and Firestorm. I know most the villains in the He-man universe are a bit silly but I always though Hordak's power to be able to transform any/all of his body into technological devices was prety cool. Add in Firestorm's, another childhood favorite, and his ability to transform objects and as an engineer I just get all giddy thinking of the possibilities.
Last edited June 25, 2024 12:59 am
Jun 25, 2024 1:14 am
Mystique and Rogue, specifically so they can disguise as Rorschach, murder Dr. Manhattan with his own cheap power, then guise as Dr. Manhattan to kill Ozymandias. Yes, he’s smart and he’d know it’s not the real Dr. Manhattan, but so what? Once you’ve got Dr. Manhattan’s power no one can stop you.

And yes I realize I could accomplish my revenge fantasy which I thought of just now by combining Rorschach and Dr. Manhattan. But then the character would have to make himself explode just for being part Dr. Manhattan.
Jun 25, 2024 3:35 am
Adam says:
Oh, okay. The old guy from Up had a nice life, I want that and the child's power from the Sixth Sense so I can carry on chatting to my late wife without the building a flying house and kidnapping cub scouts bit.
Jun 25, 2024 6:14 am
Adam says:
Adam won this tread.
I can't think of any better answer
Jun 28, 2024 4:39 pm
Dr Manhatten and Legion (David Haller).

Just to watch the world BURN
Jun 28, 2024 4:42 pm
Sylar from Heroes and Deadpool.
Sylar is a serial killer with superpowers who targets other superheroes to steal their powers.

But not Evil...

You do not have permission to post in this thread.