No identation?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 26, 2024 4:07 am
Greetings Fellow Gamers,

I'm looking at transferring my operations to GP; however, after fiddling around with the formatting options,
I'm not seeing any way to use indentations in posts. Am I mistaken here, can someone chime in on this topic?

Thanks Much!
Jun 26, 2024 4:16 am
One way I've found to indent is to use this code:

[color="transparent"]>>>[/color]

I post from my phone so I have it pinned to my Clipboard. I guess you can do similar things on a Desktop/Laptop.

I DO think a built in Indentation function would be nice. Maybe it'll show up in GamersPlane v2.0 🤷🏽‍♀️
Last edited June 26, 2024 4:18 am
Jun 26, 2024 5:46 am
HTML entities works it seems like, so I'd use an enspace (& ensp;) or an emspace (& emsp;). Just remove the space after the ampersand. And you can use multiple of it if you want a bigger indent.

Enspace example:
 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

Emspace example:
 Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
Jun 26, 2024 6:28 am
These are useful tips!

Is there any tag or html trick to indent an entire paragraph, so it displays with all its paragraph lines indented?
Jun 26, 2024 6:53 am
Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life and new civilizations; to boldly go where no man has gone before.

[f=padding-left:3rem]Space: ....[/f]

Dr_B says:
These are useful tips!

Is there any tag or html trick to indent an entire paragraph, so it displays with all its paragraph lines indented?
Add display:block to the padding

Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life and new civilizations; to boldly go where no man has gone before.

[f=padding-left:3rem display:block]Space: ....[/f]
Jun 26, 2024 7:00 am
Dr_B says:
These are useful tips!

Yeah, I would just wrap your text (it can be multiple paragraphs as well) in a format tag like:

[f=display:block margin-left:1rem]Your text here[/f]

Here it is in action:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

I used display:block here, but doing something like border border:none does something similar except there's extra padding on the text. the margin value can be anything you want, can be in px, em, or rem.

EDIT: ninja'ed by Adam XD
Last edited June 26, 2024 7:01 am
Jun 26, 2024 7:02 am
Fancy! Thanks for the tip! Super useful
Jun 26, 2024 9:04 am
If you don't want to mess around with CSS type stuff you can always just use a table where you put nothing in the first column.
[table]|text here[/table]

This is not in a table
This is in a table with nothing in the first column

Small caveat here: The width of the empty column is not fixed. So, depending on the contents of the second column it could vary in indentation size. To give it a minimum you could add some non breaking spaces in the first column first row. (or again mess around with CSS)

[table] |text here[/table]

This is not in a table
 This is in a table with a space in the first column. This is in a table with a space in the first column. This is in a table with a space in the first column.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.