[Closed] Looking to try 1-1 on GP!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 11, 2024 10:51 am
The Info
I’m not really sure how to do a recruitment thread for this, or for what kind of things people would be in the mind for, so I figure I’ll do a bit of an open call.

I’m looking to GM, or play co-op, for a 1-1 campaign. I don’t strictly have a system or game in mind, but I have a few ideas that I want to do which are listed below. Usually, I don’t play many classic systems because I can do those in person. On here I like to test more obscure or less known stuff. With that in mind I’m happy to teach anything that sparks an interest.

I’d be looking for a one post a day pace, though obviously this isn’t always possible and Tuesdays tend to be hard for me to post on, while being open to faster or slower.

If you’re interested, feel free to reply here or send a DM. :3
The Prompts
Paleomythic
A game of prehistoric fantasy where players become explorers in the ancient world. Fairly rules light, so if you're interested I can provide all assets needed.

Captive of the Beast Men - During the night the tribe was attacked, several people were carried off by the beast men to be held captive in their caves. Only the tribe's best and brightest can be trusted to investigate.
Chasing Adventure
A game advertised as an alternative to DND with all your usual classes but with PbtA style gameplay. The free rules can be found here.

From the Fire - A group of children, on their coming of age day, witness the attack and pillage of their village. Now prisoners, they find a way to escape and find vengeance or forgiveness.

The Lagoon of Mortata - The Gildstone Adventuring Service has been hired to run one of its adventuring programs in the Lagoon of Mortata. Unknown to them, it turns out there’s more truth to the Lagoon’s dark rumours after all.

The Pyramidge of Haroj - The Gildstone Adventuring Service has been hired to run one of it's adventuring programs to the Pyramidge of Haroj, though they didn't know it had new residents.
Banchou Meow Meow
A game where you play a normal everyday cat by day, exploring and getting food of humans, while you play the leader of a cat gang by night, fighting for your territory and control of the city! Rules light, if you're interested I can provide all assets needed.

Metropolis "Cat"astrophe - In the city of Metropolis, a new cat rises out of the catastrophe that brought down Dennis the Orange's roaming feline empire. Does this new Banchou have what it takes to become the king of cats?
Fabula Ultima
The tabletop JRPG, with plenty of customisation and an opportunity to live out the anime style adventures the genre brings. A mixture of complexity and simplicity, depending on how you approach it, but I can't provide all the assets needed for play.

The Hidden Village - After a strange explosion causes a catastrophe in the forest outside Dunova, you find yourself waking up in an unknown village hidden deep in the woods. It turns out the village isn't as isolated as it seems though. (This is a soft continuation of a FU session I ran on here already. If you're interested I can provide more detail of what's come before or you can go in blind!)

Frozen Souls - A community in the far north isn't prepared for what they're going to find hidden below the ice that their little existence mines to survive. Will they survive what comes after? (A technofantasy campaign)
Never Going Home
A game set in an alternate history WW1, where the veil between reality and that which exists beyond it has been broken. This game is a rules light historical horror game with magic and demons thrown in. If you're interested I can provide all assets needed.

Forgotten Hearts - Gallipoli, 1918. The border between worlds has been especially weak since the foolhardy campaign saw the heartbreaking loss of so many souls. Now though, those in power have sensed an opportunity; with the veil so thin, maybe they can try again by coaxing the darkness that dwells below the surface. A much smaller force is landed to sneak in and begin the ritual.
Mystery Business
A lighthearted game about a gang of social outcasts investigating mysteries that usually turn out to be hoaxes but sometimes have a grain of truth to them. Think Scooby Doo and you're in the right place. Rules light D100 system, if you're interested I can provide all assets as needed.

Seven Wonders - The North High Mystery Business Club has made it their mission to investigate Metropolitan's Seven Mysteries. This club, in this ambiguous school and culturally vague city, will be tasked with finding out of the famous urban legends have any truth or whether its all a hoax for tourism's sake.
Candela Obscura
A game about investigating the paranormal in our world adjacent Victorian settings. Potentially rules light, but with a little more complexity than some of the others on this list. I can provide assets, but it's best you have the rulebook if you're interested in this.

Chemical Magic - A mysterious group calling themselves "Ambrosia" have been supplying a new magical drug into the criminal underbelly. This drug, while incredibly effective and with little obvious side effects, has a dark secret that isn't mentioned. Those that take it disappear after a few days, with a sinister and occult reason.
Last edited July 15, 2024 7:33 am
Jul 11, 2024 10:55 am
I do enjoy 1-1 games like this! It's been a while since I've been in one so I'm definitely interested. Paleomythic, Chasing Adventure, and Banchou Meow Meow all sound interesting, so I'd be up for any of those. :)
Jul 11, 2024 12:58 pm
interested in the 1to1 format, I think it works great on Gamersplane.
Of the games in your list, I'd be interested in Paleomythic (I own the book)
Jul 13, 2024 3:23 am
I’m interested in mystery business if you still are looking for more players for 1-1 campaigns?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.