[Interest Check] DiaB - Wonderous One-Shots 5e

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 19, 2024 5:08 pm
A few of my games look to potentially be wrapping up and I was going to see if there is any interest in the Wonderous One-Shot material from the Dungeon in a Box folks.

DnD 5e One-Shots that range from Level 3-18 usually with 3-5 major "encounters" each, using the Greenwold setting that are used in the Dungeon in a Box games. Lots of the One-Shots have fun special mechanics or gimmicks that could be fun to explore and from my experience running these often have difficult combat scenarios.

My thought would be to run some of these, probably one at a time, or maybe gathering a specific group together that want to do a series of these with the same characters.
[ +- ] Images
[ +- ] more images
Last edited July 19, 2024 8:58 pm
Jul 19, 2024 5:20 pm
I have some wrapping up as well, and wouldn't mind trying this out. The idea seems fun!
Jul 19, 2024 5:41 pm
I'm interested. Never heard of this group. Images make me think just about anything could be possible for a one shot with them.
Jul 19, 2024 6:15 pm
I have ran a few of this with my IRL group, it really is all over the place from classic fantasy to weird mixes of Sci-Fi. Dungeon crawls to 90% social encounters. I have ran the Christmas themed one, A Halloween themed one and the "Days of Peace" adventures. All went over quite well

It is a monthly subscription service that sends you boxes with plastic standee minis/maps and the adventure. They also have full campaign modules (which you only get each adventure set-piece once a month) that is also pretty cool, I am running that with IRL friends on Gamersplane right now though.
Jul 19, 2024 7:26 pm
Looks like fun. I'd be up for some random awesomeness.
Jul 19, 2024 7:29 pm
I'm definitely interested. Those all look like fun.
Jul 19, 2024 8:12 pm
This sounds really fun, especially the special gimmicks or mechanics for each game!
Jul 19, 2024 8:50 pm
For those interested,

Is there a specific image here that excites you the most? I think I am fairly certain my one group is going to have a TPK by end of day today
OOC:
Thanks @Ironmonger42
which would probably move me to really start setting up and thinking about one of these games here soon
Jul 19, 2024 9:14 pm
Definitely interested. Bunch of them look great, a bit hard to narrow down, but these ones caught my eyes: Emberlight Express, Legacy of Thunder, Rage Against Doom, Lost Lands of the Lizard Tyrants, Death. Save. Repeat., Super Dungeon Melee, Last Stand at Dragon's End, Chasm of the Strange.
Jul 19, 2024 9:18 pm
Hmm. Perhaps an advanced character. Play a zombie? How much SF is those games?
Jul 19, 2024 9:24 pm
GeneCortess says:
Hmm. Perhaps an advanced character. Play a zombie? How much SF is those games?
They do all take place in a specific Fantasy setting, though the one shots are a bit more lenient on the "rules" of it.

Example 1:
Blazing Meteors,
you start out in a fairly typical fantasy setting. you have fantasy weapons and armor etc. You then run into more Arcana-Tech Mechs used to fight an impeding Eldritch horror.

Example 2:
Days of Peace
Elves and Dwarves are fighting over a land dispute, you go to a neutral site where you help facilitate the peace talks.

Example 3:
Thunderball Run
You get summoned to compete in an Airship race. Your job is to win the race, at any cost.
Jul 19, 2024 9:27 pm
Might be interesting. Of course, no undead character. :) Make you work for it.
Jul 19, 2024 11:10 pm
Lot of options. Hard to choose. Ones that stand out to me are:
- Hold the Line at Hollow guard
- The Ember light Express
- Super Dungeon Melee
- Thunderball run
Jul 20, 2024 2:43 pm
I was going to vote for Blazing Meteors anyway, but after your description of it, I give it ALL THE VOTES. It sounds awesome.

Others that stand out to me:
Death, Save, Repeat
Battle of the Bards
Emberlight Express
Jul 20, 2024 3:40 pm
Blazing Meteors stood out to me as well! Thunderball Run from the description sounds fun as well as Death, Save, Repeat
Jul 20, 2024 4:45 pm
Hmm Blazing Meteors. Wonder if I can have an "Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator"?
Jul 20, 2024 5:46 pm
GeneCortess says:
Hmm Blazing Meteors. Wonder if I can have an "Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator"?
First you must defeat the infamous Grey Rabbit.
Jul 20, 2024 9:43 pm
So a lot of the ones that I were hoping for got sone attention.

Once a game wraps up I will probably start either Emberlight Express or Blazing Meteors (which will admit I am super excited to see in action)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.