Interest Check: Alice is Missing… Again.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

KCC

Jul 25, 2024 11:44 am
Alice is Missinghttps://i.imgur.com/B2cC2Gv.jpegAlice is Missing is a game I’ve already run here on GP, back in 2022. With the expansion on the way, I thought that now would be as good a time as any (and a better time than most) to revisit the game and see how the expansion alters the experience. The game isn’t an exact fit for the PBP medium, but I think we made it work quite nicely two years back. As soon as the game lands in my lap, in the next few days, I’ll start setting up!
The Game: Alice is Missing is a live, text-based RPG played over about 90 minutes. Alice, your friend, your sister, your crush (and a multitude of other possible things) is missing. Over the course of 90 minutes, and by responding to prompt cards, you can hopefully find her.

The Length: As stated above, the game is played over 90 minutes, with prompts cards set to be triggered as the counter counts down. To try and model that countdown, this game will have a very tight schedule to follow. 30 days! That’s it. 30 days of game time, and then the game is over and done.

As you can imagine, this requires fairly frequent posting, and so it requires some commitment to daily posting. Given that the is played fully through the medium of text messages among friends, the posts can be, and tend to be, quite short.

The Themes: It’s not possible to really know where the prompt cards will take us. The game could be a grand mystery, with moments of triumph and victory. On the other hand, it could be a tragic tale of loss and mourning. That will unfold at the table, between the players.

The Characters: The game provides you with pregen characters (if you can really call them that). Even I, as the facilitator, will play a character. Each of them will be tied to Alice, our main character. Each of them will also be tied to each other; be that through rivalry, love, hate or old baggage…

The players will build a quick web of connections between their characters before the first message is ever sent. Just enough to set the scene.

The Players: The game is open to anyone and everyone. I will stress that the game only works if we can model, as close as possible, the feeling of being in a room together over the course of 90 minutes. Frequent posts are a must! The game will continue, and end 30 days after starting, no matter what!
KCC: @all, Alice is missing…
Last edited July 25, 2024 11:46 am
Jul 25, 2024 12:15 pm
I'd be interested in giving this a shot.
Jul 25, 2024 12:26 pm
https://media4.giphy.com/media/QUENDfi6DEMLzQ0CKt/200w.gif?cid=6c09b952bqf5nyryatxt6v3ryy3s5gu9rus29mdiay3mat6o&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif&ct=g
She disappeared again?
Can't say I was expecting that after how it ended last time
Jul 25, 2024 12:32 pm
I have been wanting to try a new game.
I might be interested.
Jul 25, 2024 2:18 pm
I'm down. This sounds unique, and fun to try out.
Jul 25, 2024 2:19 pm
Definitely interested. I pretty much play on my phone exclusively anyway. So the immersion will be good for me.
Jul 25, 2024 8:51 pm
Yes! I have seen this once played on a video by the game's publishers. Wanted to try it

KCC

Jul 26, 2024 5:56 am
CESN says:
https://media4.giphy.com/media/QUENDfi6DEMLzQ0CKt/200w.gif?cid=6c09b952bqf5nyryatxt6v3ryy3s5gu9rus29mdiay3mat6o&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif&ct=g
She disappeared again?
Can't say I was expecting that after how it ended last time
She’s certainly a slippery one! She can’t keep getting away with this!

Great memories of that game, @CESN.

KCC

Jul 31, 2024 2:51 am
I’m building up the forum this morning. I had hoped the game would arrive yesterday. I hope again that it might arrive today.

I expect it tomorrow…
Aug 1, 2024 10:55 am
I'm not sure I'm up to this, but it's a brilliant idea.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.