Guardians of Gurrai needs more players!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 26, 2015 10:54 pm
We need two to three more characters for my game. Read the description, read the forums, if it interests you in any way please join!
Even if you are not a fan of mecha, anime, or the setting, I promise there's more than meets the eye, and I can adjust the game a bit to your liking.

The only requirement is that you post two times a day, and treat the game as more than a simple post by play. It's an experience, not text on a screen.

Humanity is at stake. Enter your mechanical guardian and answer the call!
Last edited February 27, 2015 4:14 pm
Feb 27, 2015 3:40 am
C'mon people this game is going to be great. We are all welcoming to anyone who would like to play, whether you're a new recruit to Numenera or an veteran.

Please join soon! 😃
Feb 27, 2015 4:19 am
Perhaps it's the "The only requirement is that you post three times a day" part.. cause that's a LOT to be posting
Feb 27, 2015 4:11 pm
Well...okay. I'll say two posts a day. What I really want is for people playing to really care about the game and it's story is all.
Feb 27, 2015 4:20 pm
Sure sure, what if we say at least 2 posts a day?
Feb 27, 2015 8:03 pm
I'm not insisting people won't/don't care, but not everyone necessarily goes on the computer and checks forums daily for instance.
Feb 28, 2015 1:49 am
Neither do I. But I don't enjoy PbP on my desktop or even my laptop, I use my phone exclusively. Why? Just as you said ExperienceLtd, I don't check my computers all the time, but I do keep this site open in my phones browser and check it often. So I don't see why someone who's invested in a PbP not being able to post 2-3 times a day.
Feb 28, 2015 2:10 am
Kaizival says:
Well...okay. I'll say two posts a day. What I really want is for people playing to really care about the game and it's story is all.
Skydut says:
...I don't check my computers all the time, but I do keep this site open in my phones browser and check it often. So I don't see why someone who's invested in a PbP not being able to post 2-3 times a day.
Most of us already here on the forums are in multiple games already. I check the forums daily, but that doesn't mean I can post on my 30 minute lunch break. I seriously don't know where you guys get the free time to post as often as you do--I'm lucky to get 1-2 good posts in per week. Compulsively checking and posting in a PbP game isn't a measure of how dedicated your players are. A better measure is the player who in spite of hell or high water manages that 1 post a week he/she can fit in.
Feb 28, 2015 2:13 am
RustInPieces says:
Kaizival says:
Skydut says:
...I don't check my computers all the time, but I do keep this site open in my phones browser and check it often. So I don't see why someone who's invested in a PbP not being able to post 2-3 times a day.
Most of us already here on the forums are in multiple games already. I check the forums daily, but that doesn't mean I can post on my 30 minute lunch break. I seriously don't know where you guys get the free time to post as often as you do--I'm lucky to get 1-2 good posts in per week. Compulsively checking and posting in a PbP game isn't a measure of how dedicated your players are. A better measure is the player who in spite of hell or high water manages that 1 post a week he/she can fit in.
basically this here ^ make it more lax of an atmosphere i'd say, and less of a commitment.
Feb 28, 2015 5:13 am
Even with my life as a full time father of 2, full time college student with 12 hours of heavy graphic design work, and part time screen cleaning at a print shop as a side job, I can still choose PbP over facebook or Twitter and post 2-3 a day. Now I'll admit I'm only in one Numenera game so far (that's because all the others are full though, haha) but I suppose it's just a hobby that I choose to invest in.

I check "compulsively" because it's fun to play a game that I invested myself in, taking time to flesh out a shared world with others. It gets boring when games stagnate waiting for a single post a week from a group of like minded adults who can type up some words and keep a game at a nice pace of at least once a day.

I feel like this has ruffled a few feathers, but I suppose it comes down to game style. I enjoy my PbP games fast and lite, posting enough to keep up momentum and interest. I've played in much slower games, where you spend three real-world weeks in the first encounter with an enemy whose the low guy on the totem pole, barely above glorified grunt, waiting for the fighter to finally swing his axe so you can post. That's annoying and detrimental to my play style and fun level.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.