For anime, figures, mecha, whatever

Feb 27, 2015 7:54 pm
I noticed thanks to Kenny that I've been allowing forums to get overrun with anime chatter and stuff, so here's the solution.

We can discuss anime, szemely's figures, my Gundam models, Skydut's sketches, Kenny's Evangelion, Sempai's pink robots, or any other narcotics the Japanese sell to us.
Feb 27, 2015 7:55 pm
What are everyone's favorite anime/tv shows? Or favorite mecha?
Feb 27, 2015 8:03 pm
Darker Than Black was pretty awesome. Sofőr's avatar is Hei from the show. Haven't seen anything new in quite a while though, have to see what's available on Netflix.
Feb 27, 2015 8:13 pm
Read the Wikipedia, looks stellar.Can't believe I haven't heard of it. Adding to immediate backlog now. Netflix has a bit of good stuff, Sword Art Online I liked after the second half, and Attack on Titan is kinda hard to not watch due to the hype.
Feb 27, 2015 8:25 pm
I've seen and liked Sword Art Online. But I refuse to watch AoT just to say I can. Lol
Feb 27, 2015 9:32 pm
Yeah I agree with you there, AoT is fun but not amazing like everyone says. Sword Art Online is excellent after they escape from SAO and start the love arc with Kirito and Suguha. Oh the feels!

I thought Kirito-chan in SAO II was incredibly cute btw!
Feb 27, 2015 9:51 pm
I'm ready for the third season of SAO: Gun Gale Online. Looks fun.

Nothing against AoT, I just wanted to stoke a small rebellious fire and denounce the fandom the naked giants have gathered.
Feb 27, 2015 9:52 pm
So to get myself into the Mecha frame of mind. What shows do you all suggest I watch?
Feb 27, 2015 9:56 pm
Evangelion, some Gundam, and for Highschool girls driving tanks Girls und Panzer.
Feb 27, 2015 10:02 pm
Definitely Eva, this game is heavily inspired off it in some ways. A lot of Gundam shows are kind of awful IMO, but Gundam Unicorn is worth watching just for the music and the Unicorn Gundam's transformation. Also, Sidonia is worth watching and so is Aldnoah Zero. Gurren Lagann is pretty fun as well, and if you can take the heavy fanservice later in the show, Muv Luv Alternative Total Eclipse has some great designs and good story moments.

(Girls und panzer looks cute Sempai, might watch it!
Feb 28, 2015 2:44 am
Unicorn Gundam is the best Gundam show, I agree, although Gundam Build Fighters season 1 is pretty darned fun. (not season 2 though)
Feb 28, 2015 7:26 pm
Y'all should watch Psyco-Pass. Awesome crime drama, hard-hitting philosophy, little bit of dystopia thrown in for good measure, great characters, and no unnecessary fan-service love arcs that plague a lot of otherwise stellar anime. Also, Gurren Lagann is a kick-ass mecha from what I've seen of it. Not looking forward to the fan service later though (I know EXACTLY where that is going).
Feb 28, 2015 7:54 pm
I've started to watch Evangelion 2.0. So far it's pretty good.

Gundam Build Fighters seems interesting. I wiki'd Gundam and I never would have believed there were so many!

And of course I've watched Gurren Lagann and liked it too.

I'll check out Phsyco Pass. Thanks Kenny.

I attempted to get started on Code Geass, but the character art, not the mechs, irk me. So it's a little lower on the list of to-watch now.
Last edited February 28, 2015 7:57 pm
Mar 1, 2015 5:47 am
So many Gundams...there're planning to have a Gundam for every person by 2050 xd. I watched Gurren Lagann because it was so stupidly fun, but around episode 10 it got incredibly mopey and a little too deviant from it's roots for my tastes.
And Pysco Pass is on Netflix...another anime to add to my 80+ backlog...Thanks a lot, Kenny :).
Mar 1, 2015 5:51 am
I'll just leave this here. It's real btw, 60 feet of otakuness. I actually bowed and clapped like you do at the temples when I saw it.

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Ftechnabob.com%2Fblog%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2010%2F06%2F062210_rg_GundamStatueRises_02.jpg&f=1

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Ftechnabob.com%2Fblog%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2009%2F07%2Ftokyo-gundam-statue-3.jpg&f=1

Another note...They plan to make a moving one by 2020!!!
Mar 1, 2015 6:18 am
The 1/1 Gundam is my holy pilgrimage, you're so lucky you've already been!
Mar 8, 2015 4:28 am
KennyGardnerIII says:
Y'all should watch Psyco-Pass. Awesome crime drama, hard-hitting philosophy, little bit of dystopia thrown in for good measure, great characters, and no unnecessary fan-service love arcs that plague a lot of otherwise stellar anime. Also, Gurren Lagann is a kick-ass mecha from what I've seen of it. Not looking forward to the fan service later though (I know EXACTLY where that is going).
I have Psycho-Pass on my gigantic backlog, am planning to get to it soon on Netflix.
I was loving Gurren Lagann until around episode ten, when they dropped the overblown awesomeness and "believe in yourself!" vibe (which I usually hate but they did it well) and introduced that Lord Genome dude and his evil turtlelords. Totally lost me.
Mar 8, 2015 4:52 pm
You kind of just have to bull through it until you get to the better parts, the same way I had to bull past Yoko. She's fourteen? Yeah right.
Mar 8, 2015 7:00 pm
Yoko is 14?! From Lagann?

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131208065126/gurennlagann/images/4/4a/Yoko-tengen-toppa-gurren-lagann-6440665-1280-1470.jpg

What the heck?!
Last edited March 8, 2015 7:05 pm
Mar 8, 2015 7:08 pm
Yep, that's anime for ya. So many good animes have been ruined by excessive fan service...

Maybe that's why the birth rates are going down in Japan, as Japanese men turn away from those ugly real girls to their sexy body pillows (dakimakura) lol. Sigh, I love anime and love the girls as well, but really, guys?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.