D&D 5e Expedition

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Oct 9, 2016 12:34 pm
Not sure. I don't have everything mapped out. I imagine it could go on for a while if people were enjoying it. Otherwise maybe it would be somewhat short. I try to gauge that as I play.
Oct 9, 2016 1:49 pm
If the game weren't still closed I'd apply.

Whenever I play I try to do something new. Sometimes that means something a little unconventional, but other times that just means something I myself have never tried before. In this case it might be the latter.

I'm thinking of playing a ranger with the acolyte background. I'd like to give the Revised Ranger a spin, and take the Deep Stalker archetype at 3rd Level. :-)
Last edited October 9, 2016 3:01 pm
Oct 9, 2016 2:47 pm
You can invite people to your games while it is still closed, they just can't apply.
Oct 9, 2016 3:30 pm
I'd be totally up for it. I'm only in one game right now, but it gets bogged down a lot and stops for days at a time. I've only done one game on here, but I'd be pumped to try another. Besides, homebrews are the best! I hope you decide to open it up soon! I've been drafting a badazz rogue who doesn't "obtain" gold, but rather secrets and information. And booze. Lots and lots of booze.

Synopsis: I'd be totally game for this if you decided to open it up!
Oct 9, 2016 3:40 pm
marithyme says:
You can invite people to your games while it is still closed, they just can't apply.
There were issues with the Invite feature a while back. Not sure if that's been resolved.
Oct 9, 2016 4:42 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I'm thinking of playing a ranger with the acolyte background. I'd like to give the Revised Ranger a spin, and take the Deep Stalker archetype at 3rd Level. :-)
I thought they did a pretty good job with the revised ranger. I was hoping someone would want to try it out. And the Deep Stalker archetype looks very appropriate for this.
Auroran_Sky says:
I've been drafting a badazz rogue who doesn't "obtain" gold, but rather secrets and information. And booze. Lots and lots of booze.
Awesome! That sounds like a fun concept. The Thief archetype is a blast in the right scenarios.

I'll open it up sometime today, most likely, and take the first 5 applicants. Likely I'm going to rotate out any players who experience PC death, in an effort for me to be introduced to many different playstyles on here, as well as to keep the PC party fresh with new concepts and ideas. Also that might reinforce the sense of fear in any horror situations, since you won't be able to just jump back in with a new PC in a couple posts. Anyone that gets rotated out is more than welcome to come back in when it is their turn to do so, or immediately if there is no one waiting to join. I hope that is alright with everyone.
Oct 9, 2016 4:51 pm
Quote:
Likely I'm going to rotate out any players who experience PC death...
I like it!
Quote:
I'll open it up sometime today, most likely, and take the first 5 applicants
Oh man, I'll probably end up missing it as I'm in the GMT+8 timezone. But fair's fair. :-)
Oct 9, 2016 7:01 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Oh man, I'll probably end up missing it as I'm in the GMT+8 timezone. But fair's fair. :-)
Ack! Hopefully that's not the case.

The game is open now.

Please read over the Game Details at the very least to make sure the House Rules and guidelines are things that you can adhere to. Check out what I've posted to make sure this is something you're interested in. Thanks, guys!
Last edited October 9, 2016 7:02 pm
Oct 9, 2016 9:24 pm
I was thinking of a Human Variant Warlock, who was charmed into making a pact rather than willingly accepting the pact herself. She's now descending in search of adventure, and research on the fiend that gave her power. I'll take the war caster feat, as well as pact of the blade when level 3.
Oct 9, 2016 9:49 pm
Alright, I went in order of who applied and we've got our first 5 players. Feel free to apply if you haven't yet, and I'll use that order as a list for who to contact in case I need a replacement.

Otherwise, the game is public, so feel free to follow along to gauge your own interest.

Edit: I should say that my friend Nikcollini gave up his spot for another player, since we're playing in about 3 other games together. So he deserves some thanks.
Last edited October 9, 2016 9:50 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.