A pseudo single player experience. Darksouls style

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 18, 2016 9:48 pm
Sadly my Darksouls game has more or less gone Hollow, but in the prices of trying to keep some life in the game I stumbled upon a potentially fun way to play.

Darksouls is a mostly single player experience, but you can summon others into your game to help you out when your struggling. This is the idea Id like to try. 3-4 PC playing through the same adventure in solo threads. But they will be able to summon each other into their games.

In order to kinda keep things balanced/not terrible. I'm going to use the Darksouls variant by MFoV, but won't up the damage, that should allow everyone to have access to enough healing, and there's not too much of a penalty for death.

I want to gauge interest before I put the game up though...
Oct 18, 2016 9:51 pm
sounds kinda interesting, :) what system (D&D5e??) because i like the concept never tried a solo game, and well i suck at darksouls so this should be fun
Oct 18, 2016 9:53 pm
Ok yeah should have specified. Definitely 5e (I don't think middle finger of Vecna did anything else... Though I grids not everyone can recognise MFoV)
Oct 19, 2016 12:27 pm
Sounds pretty interesting. Like those campaigns where two separate parties interact at key points, but with single players instead.

I would be down to play or help you GM it, I love me some Dark Souls!

//Handle
Oct 19, 2016 2:55 pm
I could get in to this really easily I think! Keep me in mind if you go to make it.
Oct 19, 2016 4:31 pm
This sounds interesting, Im down :)
Nov 4, 2016 7:35 am
Game is live!!!

I tried to do invites but I'm never sure if they work. If they didn't go through just let me know...
Nov 4, 2016 7:36 am
And by let me know I ofcourse mean apply
Nov 4, 2016 9:38 pm
I probably wont be able to get settup until next week (tests tests tests!) I applied anyway because I'm definitely interested. If this is unacceptable just let me know.
Nov 5, 2016 1:11 am
Should be fine, after all its only 2 people most of the time so the different threads can go at their own speed
Nov 7, 2016 8:58 am
Has and Valcos of you decide to join the game just PM me and I'll up the player count but for now I'll bring the other two applicants into the game.
May 14, 2017 3:23 am
We have lost a player to hollowing, which means that I should be able to manage a new player. The advantage of joining this game mid flow is that you don't have to! You'll be able to start at the start of the story and get the full DnD dark souls experience. So I f your interested in a rather different RPG experience let me know either here or by PM.
May 14, 2017 3:49 am
"Okay, everyone has finished their characters?"
"Yes."
"Yep.!"
"Yeah, I'm done."
"Okay, we can start then... You died."
May 14, 2017 5:01 am
Please, you get to walk around a place with a really gloomy aesthetic before you die over and over again...

Is that an EoI Kalajel?
May 14, 2017 4:37 pm
Nah, I'm fine. I'm still learning the system in another game (well, it used to be two, but now of them ended).
May 15, 2017 10:49 pm
Ah man I just saw this. I'm a huge dark souls fan. I'm guessing I'm late to the party though....
May 15, 2017 11:36 pm
I sent you an invite, running this game for 5 shouldn't be too taxing... but that's it for now. Besides with an avatar like that it's a shame not to let you join...

You do not have permission to post in this thread.