Isometric Map builder

Oct 21, 2016 4:29 pm
There is a Kickstarter going that has already funded to put out a program to generate isometric Dungeon maps. They have a demo as part of the kickstarter so you can try it out and they are smashing their stretch goals. I thought some of the GMs would be interested in it.

Kickstarter Page
Oct 21, 2016 4:57 pm
I saw this and wanted to back, but I don't have any RL gaming anymore, and so many KS waiting (more than a few very delayed).
Oct 21, 2016 6:36 pm
I was wondering how it might work to screencap the maps as the players moved through and post them here. I know @Naatkinson uses a really nice map generator but its only on mobile and I tend to only post from my computer.
Oct 21, 2016 6:39 pm
I did consider that, and maybe reaching out to them on that account alone.
Oct 21, 2016 6:43 pm
Having a GM widget for map building in GP would awesome!! Though I can't imagine how much work that would be for you.
Oct 21, 2016 6:50 pm
This looks amazing! I really like the one I use, but it's very resource intensive on the phone and I have to waste piles of data uploading the images.
Oct 21, 2016 6:52 pm
I've been using Google Sheets to make my maps recently, then sharing the document to allow the players to move their own tokens. It's working pretty well so far :)
Oct 21, 2016 6:57 pm
Yeah, I dont have a good method for making maps yet. Like, photoshop is an option, but you have to get all your own resources.
Oct 21, 2016 7:38 pm
I use Inkarnate.com It's an amazing source. I just finished making a map for my political intrigue campaign. Here's an example. http://orig07.deviantart.net/bc5e/f/2016/295/1/8/seren__political_intrigue_by_imthat0n3guy-daltgef.jpg
Oct 21, 2016 9:12 pm
Naatkinson says:
I've been using Google Sheets to make my maps recently, then sharing the document to allow the players to move their own tokens. It's working pretty well so far :)
This is basically what GP's original map builder was. When I find time, maybe I'll rebuild it...

You do not have permission to post in this thread.