Search

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 5, 2015 1:04 am
Any way to get a forum search feature? I spent an hour looking for one post with one term.
Mar 5, 2015 3:34 am
Searching is something that I've never quite understood how to do effective searching in MySQL (or Mongo). If someone out there has experience and can lend me some advice, I can move to getting it done faster...
Mar 5, 2015 3:44 pm
Keleth says:
Searching is something that I've never quite understood how to do effective searching in MySQL (or Mongo). If someone out there has experience and can lend me some advice, I can move to getting it done faster...
No sure about Mongo, but in SQL searches are "where FIELD contains 'XXXXXXX'"
Mar 5, 2015 4:28 pm
Well, the command is easy, but optimizing isn't, and I'm already noticing the server is starting to slow down. I'm going to have to overview things and maybe even upgrade the server right now.
Mar 6, 2015 1:31 am
With MySQL you can use LIKE "%search terms%" for an extremely basic keyword/phrase search, or even a full text search if your table is MyISAM. Otherwise you'll need something like SOLR.
Mar 6, 2015 1:40 am
Is this your server, or something in a farm/cloud?
Mar 6, 2015 1:41 am
My own server. I've been considering learning SOLR, but I'm having enough trouble integrating 3-4 technologies right now, SOLR on top may make my brain explode, considering I'm dev, designer, and sysop at once... while having a day job, and other side jobs :p
Mar 6, 2015 1:46 am
Well, U might consider making this a cloud/hosted service... it looks like it is taking off. This would give you (a) less admin (you would still have some and mostly full server rights), (b) automatic backups, (c) more bandwidth and (d) support if you needed it.

Just an idea... if you do, I know it will cost you more, but it may be worth it in the long run.
Mar 6, 2015 3:07 am
While its frustrating, learning all the sysop stuff actually has been really useful. I've learned a lot about limitations and its pushed me to learn efficiency.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.