Hello!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 13, 2014 12:48 am
Hi, at the urging of someone, I've decided to introduce myself. I'm Jessey (I'll go by Candi though here), and I'm a life-long GM; been GMing games since I was 13 (always a GM, rarely a player - isn't that the way of it?). I discovered Gamers Plane through Twitter and popped on in. I wanted to try out the set up here, flex its muscles and see what kind of feedback I could provide. What better way to do that than by creating and running a game? So, I've invited a few friends along and am partaking in a dual experiment.

One prong of the experiment is a stress test of Gamer's Plan, I'm an experienced GM with plenty of experience running play by post games. I usually create custom forums for my games, so I know what I want and like and why I want and like it. The other prong is a GMing experiment. The game I am running is an open world sandbox-style game (using Savage Worlds - my go-to system). The experimental part is how I am designing the sandbox, hopefully maximizing player freedom (while still providing enough direction that players don't become paralyzed) and minimizing GM preparation. I'll be posting and blogging about that experiment more as it gets under way (I'm also running a parallel face-to-face game for the same purpose).

So, thanks to the creators of this site for making it and inviting me over. Hello to everyone already here. And welcome to everyone else who will arrive in the future!
Aug 13, 2014 2:37 am
Hi Candi, aka Jessey :)
i'll just assume that you're older than 13 by a decent amount of time so that works! Welcome to gamers plane and all that jazz! I found it on twitter too, so yay!
Experiments are fun, hopefully you can find them to be worth of doing on here then. Sandboxing in rpgs can be difficult at times!! My personal preference when i GM is to let them pick where they go and what they do, while having a slight underlying plot and motives that can happen. Can't wait to see you blog and such about your stuff
Aug 13, 2014 3:44 am
Thanks for joining Candi, and I'm glad to have such an excited participant! It's people like you who're gonna help make Gamers Plane successful, and me rich, both of which makes me happy :)
Aug 13, 2014 12:14 pm
ExperienceLtd: 26 years old (so I've got 13 years of experience GMing, and have been doing it for half of my life)
Aug 13, 2014 11:06 pm
oh neat. we're also the same age tho i wasn't GM'ing for my games all the time since about 15 on or so,

You do not have permission to post in this thread.