Games I would like to see

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 4, 2016 4:47 pm
Hi everyone CC here,

I would like to see a Litrpg type game. That's the genre not Lite rpg. D&D 4E or 5E might be good for this for a willing GM.
I am in a Smallville game finally ! *Thanks Shark Bone*
A Lords of Gossamer and Shadow game would be nice to see.

Thanks for checking this post.

Cosmic Cube
Nov 5, 2016 1:59 am
Wow...I have to thank you for introducing me to the name "LitRPG" as a genre. I went to Google to look up what that term meant because I had never heard of it. But, as it turns out, I have been aware of some of the most popular titles that appear on the lists of LitRPG anime and books, Sword Art Online and Ready Player One and some others. Now that I know that type of story has a name, I can find other stories to get into.

Secondly...I am that willing GM. I SHALL ANSWER THE CALL!!!

Without knowing the genre name, I've actually been toying with the idea of a LitRPG D&D game since my birthday. A friend got me the complete Dungeons & Dragons cartoon series on DVD (it was five bucks on Amazon at the time) and I loved that show as a kid. If you are to young or didn't watch it, a bunch of kids are at a fair or something and get on a D&D themed roller coaster. They travel through a magic portal and on the other side find a crazy fantasy world, some magic items, and a little gnomish guy named Dungeon Master who refuses to answer direct questions. DM sends them on a quest to find their way home, adventure ensues. It is so bad it's great. Classic 80's cartoon schlock. No offense to anyone who has a higher opinion of the show...but it didn't age well.

Anyway...I will gather my notes and start the game. 5e seems to go over well on these boards so I will use that. I'll start another discussion thread just so everyone will know it's happening, but link back to this thread so they know what I am talking about. I'll send an Invite once the game is running to save your seat. If you change your mind about playing just PM me so I know. No pressure though.
Nov 5, 2016 2:22 am
I loved that cartoon. I was there on its original run and there was nothing else like it. Bullywugs! Tiamat! Good times
Nov 5, 2016 2:27 am
And my recommendation for a LitRPG book go check out Ctrl Alt Revolt by Nick Cole
Nov 5, 2016 12:23 pm
YAY ! Thanks most appreciated. Thanks for the advice also Knifes Edge.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.