2 New Feature Requests

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 6, 2015 12:16 am
(1) is that we can diceroll in PM's.. Because if I can't state what's happening on my little side adventure, when the GM wants a roll I have to roll in the public forum and that makes everyone else go "what's she rolling for?" type of thing..
(2) a way to "Like" messages.. because some are so great they make me laugh and I'd love to just go "Thumbs up!" in approval. hehe
Mar 6, 2015 12:21 am
A like feature would be pretty stellar, exact same feelings as comrade Grant here.
Mar 6, 2015 12:22 am
ehh, idk about the liking thing, then it'd be too much like social media and such and has no inherent function.

as for other thing, you should be able to just post in your game and people can no use the knowledge of what you're doing in character. if this is an issue people can't avoid, perhaps make a thread that's private as well for your side thing that only you and the GM can see? that could be a simple fix i think
Mar 6, 2015 12:24 am
also, that, thanks szemely!
Mar 6, 2015 1:40 am
So yah, as I flesh out the experience thing, that'll tackle the liking thing.

As for completely hidden rolls, I had considered that when I made the site, but I thought about it in terms of a real life game. Short of going to another room (a diff forum), you know when someone else at your table rolls, even if you don't know why. Using the note system, you can send a private message to someone else, in a thread. I wanted to avoid having a game split between PMs and posts by adding as much privacy in a forum as you'd have at a table.

However, if there's a general consensus that we should be able to make posts completely hidden, I'll consider that.
Mar 6, 2015 1:50 am
Keleth says:
As for completely hidden rolls, I had considered that when I made the site, but I thought about it in terms of a real life game. Short of going to another room (a diff forum), you know when someone else at your table rolls, even if you don't know why. Using the note system, you can send a private message to someone else, in a thread. I wanted to avoid having a game split between PMs and posts by adding as much privacy in a forum as you'd have at a table.

However, if there's a general consensus that we should be able to make posts completely hidden, I'll consider that.
As a GM, I go back and forth on it. I see where U R coming from, but I also know sometimes the players want to roll in secret.... or in my case, a player is separated from the party and no one notices... or has to get hit in the head with shins to see it. Made for some great PM RP.
Mar 6, 2015 2:18 am
grandmaster says:
...or has to get hit in the head with shins to see it.
DAMN! I never did pick those back up! :-)
Mar 6, 2015 2:29 am
*chuckles* she just now realized that.. *snicker*
Mar 6, 2015 3:08 am
I'm looking into/considering allowing permissions to game threads, which may resolve this issue. I'm pretty torn, because I see your points, but again... if we were at a table, you wouldn't get to hide like that :p

You do not have permission to post in this thread.