D&D 5E: New Barbarian Primal Paths (UA)

Nov 8, 2016 6:46 pm
http://i.imgur.com/kSkXv.jpg

So this just dropped: Unearthed Arcana - New Barbarian Primal Paths

Haven't given it a thorough reading so I don't know yet how I feel about the new stuff but one thing is clear: Must make new PC's to playtest! :-D
Nov 8, 2016 6:55 pm
I read them yesterday and thought they were not too shabby, but not the greatest yet. I did like the flavor and some of the ideas, especially the Storm Herald.
Nov 8, 2016 7:04 pm
Yeah I'm kinda digging the Storm Herald too. :-)
Nov 8, 2016 7:04 pm
Dang that picture O_O Why wear armor if you can do that !
Nov 8, 2016 9:59 pm
In one of the 5e games I'm running, someone just made a Barbarian-Corsair: Ursoc Seabane! I am very excited to show him the Storm Herald, because it's perfect for him.
Nov 9, 2016 2:54 pm
Cosmic_Cube says:
Dang that picture O_O Why wear armor if you can do that !
INTIMIDATION!!!!!

But seriously, when have the WotC art directors ever concerned themselves with realistic armor. The company practically invented the concept of the Boob Plate(tm) Armor. Boob-Plate Armor, ineffective and deadly to the wearer since Day 1!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/32/37/2b/32372b899de41906dd5b9ceae3c773a4.jpg

I kid of course...it's fantasy. It doesn't have to be accurate...unless the point is gritty realism. Most D&D isn't though.
Nov 9, 2016 3:02 pm
But yeah...those options are cool. I like Ancestral Guardian for giving the class a Defender feel.
Nov 9, 2016 4:07 pm
Maskcot says:
But seriously, when have the WotC art directors ever concerned themselves with realistic armor. The company practically invented the concept of the Boob Plate(tm) Armor. Boob-Plate Armor, ineffective and deadly to the wearer since Day 1!
Eh, sex sells, especially among the horny 14 years old teenager boys which were originally the target audiance, and especially since back then there were no internet. Still, they seem to have gotten better lately.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.